More Control Over NPC's

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

More Control Over NPC's

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

Sorry, I know my suggestions have been NPC themed recently, but I think this is an important one. How many times have we spawned npcs and had them attack the wrong person?

We have an npc follow command. Why not an npc attack command? Same concept, but with different results (npc attack simus name). Then the npc would attack only that person
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

I support this.
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

As do I.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Jhas Dawn

Post by Jhas Dawn »

/support

Add in an ability to target specific people with a high push level alongside this, and spectators won't be constantly thrown off their seats with blaster fire and OMFG super push.
| Age: 10 | Race: Zeltron | Homeworld: Dantooine |
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

I support this too. Blaster NPCs are a nightmare...
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Nira'kalen'nuruodo
Lost One

Post by Nira'kalen'nuruodo »

We can already specificy the team (player, enemy, red, blue, etc.) when spawning NPCs, so another useful command/set of commands would be the ability to set the team of players. The Knight+ running the exercise would set the participants to "enemy", so any armed NPCs required could be set to the "player" team and would only attack the participants.

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
|age_53|height_1.7m|weight_85kg|species_chiss|mentor_cyril.feraan|padawan_eugen.darkrider_nastajja.arren|

Aknaross Myotis
Lost One

Post by Aknaross Myotis »

I believe all suggestions are converging to some point. Expand NPCs commands.

In terms of team I think it should be added the team of Neutral, cuz sometimes you want to spawn a NPC with another SKIN.. and then you have to set it or BLUE or RED. (as far I know, we only can spawn from either teams)

Another command would be nice to set NPCs into hologram, that could bring interesting results such as the NPC is not a Holoprogram or droid, but real life person speaking to us through holoprojection.

Plus to the previous, would be nice to have some sort of say_team_mode NPC... which you'd set to speak in the voice of a specific NPC... or the command could be morelike: npc say <name | number> <message | me>

For final and for classes purposes, that could be a way to set players in team, red or blue, to get NPCs teamed attacking them properly. Or even run simulations where a group of students has a backup force, without changing servers or game mode.

Comments, doubts and suggestion... be my guest.

|age_??|height_1.83m|weight_81kg|race_echani|mentor_corinth.alkorda/nivek.tholmai|padawan_ametha.tasia|

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I really like all of those ideas, Aknaross. Good thinking.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Aknaross - there are THREE NPC spawn groups, as far as I recall: Red, which is an enemy, blue, which is an ally, and Free, which is what we actually use. If you use your /rpspawnpoint command, you'll probably have come across that one before.

And we can use TFFA and Siege mode to have times where NPCs go for players of a particular team (red or blue). That said, if we categorised everybody by team when entering (so, say, everybody is automatically blue team when joining), then perhaps we could use a side-along command to switch someone to red without having to spec them first or have their location change to a red spawnpoint, as would be true in TFFA/Siege. Might make that easier.

EDIT: Double-checked the NPC spawn command, and the third 'team' is '0' or 'default' - \npc spawn <type> <name> 0. That sets it to (as described in the notes) to the NPC's predetermined team/aggro settings (Luke is friendly, Desann is hostile etc).
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

I believe aknaross knows that there are three of those, what he wanted is another that is set to neutral i.e. the ones that won't get attacked, I think.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Which is what I thought the third might do. Turns out it doesn't, so sure.
Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

Nira'kalen'nuruodo wrote:We can already specificy the team (player, enemy, red, blue, etc.) when spawning NPCs, so another useful command/set of commands would be the ability to set the team of players. The Knight+ running the exercise would set the participants to "enemy", so any armed NPCs required could be set to the "player" team and would only attack the participants.
I do realize this, so let me be more specific of my problem and what I had in mind. It is frustrating when you are trying to set up an exercise for a student, and the npc only blasts you or decides it likes someone else in the room. Getting the right person to hit it sometimes and sometimes does not work, and some npcs will sit there idly even if you put them on the red team. So I think if we had a specific npc attack player command it might alleviate some of these problems.

We have our little tricks to get these things to work, I jsut think a command would make it easier.
Nira'kalen'nuruodo
Lost One

Post by Nira'kalen'nuruodo »

I was merely suggesting a further addition to our suite of NPC-related commands to help alleviate the problem. You can control NPC teams, but at the moment you can't control player teams, which is what I was proposing. I realise I might have been a little unclear. :wink:

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
|age_53|height_1.7m|weight_85kg|species_chiss|mentor_cyril.feraan|padawan_eugen.darkrider_nastajja.arren|

Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

ah. Ok. That makes more sense. I like that actually
Silas Ortisman

Post by Silas Ortisman »

Support.