/rpautocrouch

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Ommar wrote:Can't this already be done with some type of script?
Don't think so, unless I'm wrong.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Instead of a new command, can we alter the way that crouch is used?

As in other games, pressing crouch will crouch you. Pressing again will bring you back up.

Thoughts, and possibility?
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Corinth Alkorda wrote:Instead of a new command, can we alter the way that crouch is used?

As in other games, pressing crouch will crouch you. Pressing again will bring you back up.

Yeah, that would work.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

Corinth Alkorda wrote:Instead of a new command, can we alter the way that crouch is used?

I think it would take some getting used to, other then that it's a fantastic idea.
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Avaeth

Post by Avaeth »

I'm not quite sure about this, I think it'll be too slow.
Nira'kalen'nuruodo
Lost One

Post by Nira'kalen'nuruodo »

It can be done with a script.

Code: Select all

//////////////////////
// Crouching script //
//////////////////////

// Binds

bind x "vstr CROUCH_SWITCH"

// Variables
set CROUCH_SWITCH "vstr CROUCH_DOWN"
set CROUCH_DOWN "+movedown; set CROUCH_SWITCH vstr CROUCH_UP"
set CROUCH_UP "-movedown; set CROUCH_SWITCH vstr CROUCH_DOWN"
Put that into your autoexec.cfg (or if you don't have one, create a blank *.txt file in your RPMod folder, copy the code into it and save it as autoexec.cfg), changing the key to whatever you normally use for crouching.

The only problem with this script is that JKA uncrouches you whenever you bring up the chat bubble (either by opening the console or hitting a chat bind). If Soh could stop JKA from doing that, then that'd be ideal. That way, if you prefer crouching like modern FPS games, you can use the script, but if you're like me and prefer crouching the way it is, you're unaffected. :)

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
|age_53|height_1.7m|weight_85kg|species_chiss|mentor_cyril.feraan|padawan_eugen.darkrider_nastajja.arren|

Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

Yeah I'd prefer to keep crouch the way it is. (About the FPS style on or off)
Having auto crouch on would really be a pain during spars I think, most people use quick crouches, standing and jumps with it and having it like in an FPS, either being on or off would be a little hassle to make those quick crouches I think..

As said earlier, and with most things if at all, toggle it for those who want it or don't want it. Like.. above hehe

For saber use I'd give the FPS style a no, while being a gunner I can see it being useful. And of course to avoid standing up you go to chat when you're trying to stay low and hide.

Fane Ornn'ila - Jedi Knight
¦ Mentor: Kaelen Sekura ¦

Avaeth

Post by Avaeth »

My suggestion was to fix the standing up with a command.
EDIT: But yeah, toggling works too.
Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

I think it would work best if making crouch toggle-able as oppose to holding down the key was a toggle-able option in itself that you could turn on and off.

But really, I came here to point out whilst we're on the topic of crouching: Any chance we can enable the rolling animations when you're weilding a rifle, grenades, blasters etc? So far apparantly you can only roll with a lightsaber. It's kind of irritating not being able to do it with anything else.
Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

To that roll with weapons, it is possible. I think it is in MB2.. not sure, but I'm positive I've seen it in one mod or another hehe

Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Fane Ornn'ila wrote:To that roll with weapons, it is possible. I think it is in MB2.. not sure, but I'm positive I've seen it in one mod or another hehe
Ditto.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

I think it's used as a special move along with a custom animation, not something you can do by default. Maybe it's actually limited to SP and its code? It would be helpful though, saves you having to switch to melee whenever you want to roll.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

Maybe that's where I remember it from, SP haha

Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

Fane Ornn'ila wrote:To that roll with weapons, it is possible. I think it is in MB2.. not sure, but I'm positive I've seen it in one mod or another hehe
Not MBII; Lugormod, and another one if my mind doesn't trick me. MBII allows it for melee and pistols, but no rifles.

And, the whole idea from the start was to make crouching stay even with chatbubble, not to make crouching toggleable. Akalenn already said how to make it toggleable, but it won't make it stay with chatbubble.

The main use of this, of course, is sneaking. Just imagine being perfecly hidden, then you have to chat for whatever reason and the other finds you because of that. Meh. (Yeah, has happened to me two or three times already)

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

Yeah, being forced to stand up when you chat is a tad annoying, and even if people ignore that they see you because it's obvious you are chatting- they still know you are there in the back of their heads hehe.

But it's logical it happens, you crouch when you hold the button- you chat so the button isn't held which makes you stand up...

The trick is to find a way to stay crouched with chat, which would mean changing the way crouch works but in turn you don't want to stayed crouched when you press crouch during a saber fight, and in some cases you want / don't want it to happen while gunning..

I'm not sure if those two can be seperated to just have a small function for crouch+chat, and not just stayed crouched when you hit it once.

Maybe it's a little complicated, but maybe it's possible to make it in a way flipkick works or something? tap crouch once, normal crouch. quickl tap crouch twice (like you'd do a flipkick) you stay crouched. not even sure if that's possible hehe