/rpautocrouch

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

Ruluk wrote:The main use of this, of course, is sneaking. Just imagine being perfecly hidden, then you have to chat for whatever reason and the other finds you because of that. Meh. (Yeah, has happened to me two or three times already)
If this is a pain then, while sneaking and you're hiding behind a crate, when you want to talk then simply use one of the emotes like lotus or even better, sleep as it's lower down. Granted these emotes take a few seconds to come out of so use them sparingly. However, IF you want one you can come out of almost instantly then hot-key the meditate animation in the options menu.
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

Fane Ornn'ila wrote:But it's logical it happens, you crouch when you hold the button- you chat so the button isn't held which makes you stand up...
Well, When you press "Crouch", be it "C", be it "CTRL", you are actually preforming the command "+movedown."

You could, say, type in console that command without the bind, and you would stay crouched the whole time until you type "-movedown." BUT, once you chat or go to console, what happens? Yes. You get up and stay up until you stop chatting, etc., and then it crouches again.

Maybe, now that I think about it, converting +movedown animation to an emote could work. You recycle the animation, but make it work in a new way. Just like with any other emote, you can bind it (to another key, not C) and when you want to get up, you press C.

That way, crouch does not change, and instead you get a new emote to always stay crouched, even with chat up.

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Jenny Wrix
Lost One

Post by Jenny Wrix »

Yay! Do you know how much better the game would be if you could have a bind for toggling crouch, like it says /rpautocrouch

100% Supporting this.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

I don't think we need a command or even to make it togglable.

In the next RPMod version, if you are crouched when you start talking (or bring up the console), you will stay crouched until you send your message (or close the console). Simple and useful. :)

If you want to alter the way crouch works (toggle key), use the script proposed by Akalenn.
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

<3
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Corinth Alkorda wrote:<3
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri