Widescreen Mode

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Nira'kalen'nuruodo
Lost One

Widescreen Mode

Post by Nira'kalen'nuruodo »

At the moment, when running JKA at a widescreen resolution, 2D UI elements (the health/ammo bars, crosshair, menus etc) are stretched. The intro movies also don't display, although you can still hear them. While not game-breaking, it's not particularly pretty and the broken intro videos no doubt affects the /rpcinematic command too.

An RP mod for an older Quake 3 engined game, Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force, has been able to introduce widescreen support. The thread on their forums has been linked below:

http://www.ubergames.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1754

Something similar for RPMod would be brilliant for those of us with widescreen monitors/laptops. :)

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
|age_53|height_1.7m|weight_85kg|species_chiss|mentor_cyril.feraan|padawan_eugen.darkrider_nastajja.arren|

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Agreed. I for sure support this idea.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

/support
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Okay well I'm running widescreen, have been for a long time. Haven't encountered any stretching of what you've mentioned. Also yeah, not sure about the intro movies, mine don't appear but I believe that was due to a graphics setting I was enforcing externally, but it doesn't affect rpcinematics. I say this because I've seen JKA movies being used in missions and the movie Jamus used in the mission with Blavek worked. Though, if that's not using rpcinematic I can't comment.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

Zeak Dystiny wrote:I say this because I've seen JKA movies being used in missions and the movie Jamus used in the mission with Blavek worked. Though, if that's not using rpcinematic I can't comment.
RPCinematic was used, yes.
Ian Prine
Lost One

Post by Ian Prine »

I'm also using a widescreen, this has my vote.

Padawan Ian Prine
|race_human|age_--|height_1.77m|mentor(s)_jorel.ranon/cyril.feraan/rash.loist|

Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

Maybe I'm not fully understanding the meaning of "Widescreen support", but for me, everything works fine, and I'm in a widescreen computer. Videos show, though stretching does happen.

Perhaps it is because I'm running at a normal resolution (one that comes with baseJKA)?

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Silas Ortisman

Post by Silas Ortisman »

Massive support.
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Honestly, I'm not seeing what the issue is. I'm using widescreen, set the reso to my screens resolution, everything is fine. Even before that any stretching wasn't that noticeable. Have you actually set JKA up to your widescreen resolution?

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."

Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Same thing has always happened to me. I don't notice the skewing of the HUD and text so much, but if I move to a normal resolution in windowed mode, it's very noticeable.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

I do agree a lot and support this! Having a widescreen support for the game would make it wonderful!
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

I'm so confused o_O. Think someone could take a screenie so I know what's being talked about?

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
Lost One

Post by Nira'kalen'nuruodo »

A couple of screenshots for you, Zeak. The first is taken at 1152 x 864, the largest 4:3 resolution I can comfortably run JKA at in a window. The FOV is at it's default of 80. The second is at my monitor's native resolution of 1920 x 1080, with a 16:9 aspect ratio. I'm using a FOV of 100. The HUD elements are clearly stretched in the second screenshot.

Unfortunately, Photobucket has decided to automatically resize the images. :?

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
|age_53|height_1.7m|weight_85kg|species_chiss|mentor_cyril.feraan|padawan_eugen.darkrider_nastajja.arren|

Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Ah right now I see, thanks a lot for that :D