/rpautoforce

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Silas Ortisman

/rpautoforce

Post by Silas Ortisman »

I've been thinking about this alot recently. This idea is quite similar to the /rpautomove feature, except the function is the force. All through the Star Wars movies, there have been a few scenes that consist on a force-user maintaining a force power and speaking whilst doing it.

For example, in Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith, the duel between Sidious and Windu. When they reach the window and Sidious releases a force of lightning towards Mace Windu. He speaks whilst maintaining the force lightning.

In RPMod, or JA for that matter, you cannot use a button-maintained force power and speak at the same time. So here's my proposal, a function similar to /rpautomove, that a Jedi can bind. (/rpautoforce, or something like that anyway.) This will maintain a force power without the player having to press the force use button. In some instances this could make for a dramatic and meaningful roleplay, from an example to a literal duel.

Elaborate.
Ergo Stomi
Lost One

Post by Ergo Stomi »

Its a good idea, but the main power you'd be using to do that, storm, drains from the force pool the entire time you use it. So unless it stopped the Force pool drain, you'd run out of Force within a handful of seconds. If it did stop the Force pool drain, its going to create a good way to abuse the power.

"...a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends."
| age _ 52| height _ 1.89 meters | weight _ 95.1 kilograms | race _ kel.dor | mentor _ rash.loist | padawans _ larkit / johauna.darkrider / daereon.daimon |
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

Just an offshoot of this. Having automove work with vehicles would be great.
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

This is already possible. Bind a key to +[force_power_name] . Typing -[force_power_name] will stop it.

Jamus, you have a good idea. Create a new topic for it.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

Ergo Stomi wrote: If it did stop the Force pool drain, its going to create a good way to abuse the power.
If someone with force was going to abuse a force power, I doubt they'd wait for this feature to use it. Plus the fact that they can use it would ensure their trustworthiness, only members have access to the force, no?
| age_22 | height_2.6m | weight_125kg | race_human | mentor_simus.cnydaria
Ergo Stomi
Lost One

Post by Ergo Stomi »

RPMod won't always be with JEDI.

"...a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends."
| age _ 52| height _ 1.89 meters | weight _ 95.1 kilograms | race _ kel.dor | mentor _ rash.loist | padawans _ larkit / johauna.darkrider / daereon.daimon |
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

There are ways to somewhat do this already with scripting as noted, but especially considering the Force pool limitations, I don't think this is really that necessary. No Force power that requires active pressing of a key really lasts long enough to merit talking during it.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I know what you're saying, but I don't really see the point.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

Only thing I can think of is that you'd simply stay in the animation if you hit chat while doing a force power or something.

hit push then chat, your hand stays out, for example, but not really keep pushing. If I recall right, if you have chat up you can't actually do any harm to anyone. Swing at someone, hit chat, you'll go through the person without hitting. (at least in base)

Perhaps the same would go for things light lightning and drain, keeping the animtation going but not actually doing anything. if that's the case then it would be ok to stop draining your force pool while chats up.

Fane Ornn'ila - Jedi Knight
¦ Mentor: Kaelen Sekura ¦

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

True, but it'd be useful with Hold 3. Plenty of times you want to grab someone and make them immobile while talking to them as well...
Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

That's a good point yes, though there is still the time limit of being able to hold someone. Removing that while in chat would make it exploitable to hold someone who can't push out of it forever hehe

Fane Ornn'ila - Jedi Knight
¦ Mentor: Kaelen Sekura ¦

Silas Ortisman

Post by Silas Ortisman »

Aslyn wrote:True, but it'd be useful with Hold 3. Plenty of times you want to grab someone and make them immobile while talking to them as well...
Exactly what I was thinking when I suggested this. For example, whenever Aslyn feels the need to immobilise a youngling from something, he can hold him in the air WHILST talking to them.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

The only problem being that I'd drop them ten seconds later whether I wanted to or not... :P
Jenny Wrix
Lost One

Post by Jenny Wrix »

I agree with corinth, the simple +(force) command, but like some of you said by the time you finish what you are typing you'd probably run out of force power by then, unless there is some kind of command that gives you unlimited force for something like that..
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

You *could* just save what you want to say and bind it. (If it's planned of course...)
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|