Sense/Sight

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Sense/Sight

Post by Sared Kilvan »

I was curious, could/would the engine support Sense working more like Far Sight from Mysteries of the Sith? Possibly at higher levels?

Far Sight allowed you to move your camera/viewpoint and view things remotely up to a certain range, while you're physical body remained stationary and unmoving until the ability was cancelled.

Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

Sorta like a zoom in, like cg_fov
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

That would be cool, but can easily be done with a config and a few binds.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Delmi wrote:That would be cool, but can easily be done with a config and a few binds.
Not really. You can't move past walls. I've pushed for something like this for years. Sort of like being able to enter spectator mode while still in the game.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

Now that idea I like! If that would be possible that'd be pretty nice. Only draw back I can see is that you would be pretty helpless when you're looking around. That and that you can't go through every door... So I guess it would (again:P) come to a toggle? heh

Fane Ornn'ila - Jedi Knight
¦ Mentor: Kaelen Sekura ¦

Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

I feel like we've had a few threads on this before, but it's not bad to bring up again.

I support it in some form, as always.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Sared Kilvan
Lost One

Post by Sared Kilvan »

While I appreciate the support, I'm more curious to know if it is possible. :)

Or possibly another way to look at the ability? Currently higher levels of sense can show players and even their nameplates. Would it be possible to lock on to that player a la spectator mode?

Example:

Player A uses R5 Sense and spots Player B
Player A uses R5 Sense again while targeting Player B
Player A's camera is temporarily attached to Player B's until they move, the ability is canceled, or after a set period of time.

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Sared Kilvan wrote:While I appreciate the support, I'm more curious to know if it is possible. :)
It doesn't look easy, but it's something I'm interested to try, for this feature and another one I've been willing to implement for months. :)
Sared Kilvan
Lost One

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Soh Raun wrote:It doesn't look easy, but it's something I'm interested to try, for this feature and another one I've been willing to implement for months. :)
::waits with baited breath::

Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

I'll quote Soh Raun, "anything is possible."

It's just if he feels up to the challenge or not. :twisted:

Blavek Araven
Lost One

Post by Blavek Araven »

I really like this idea, and it would really benefit Blavek and I'm sure a lot of others as well. Its difficult to RP his sense skills to the standard that they are at without making mistakes, due to the fact that I can't currently get a higher level sense because of the limitations. Even level five sense doesn't really merit and reflect the standard at which he would be able to locate others in the real SW universe.

With this implemented as well it would make it a lot easier to find people within the Temple and the like without doing /tell "Hey, where are you?". It would provide a much more realistic and better reflection of those who excel in their tracking/sense skills for both the player and those involved.

born_241.06|homeworld_uvena.prime|mentor_rash.loist_shimi.zaki|padawans_z'phos|

>>> Secondary Character GR-7 <<<

Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

Just a quick point out to this, when using cheats in SP, with mind trick 5 you're able to take control over an NPC, replicating this effect without the control would be the way to go I think, don't know though. Still, epic support. :D
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Sared Kilvan
Lost One

Post by Sared Kilvan »

^ What he said. :)

Johauna Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Johauna Darkrider »

I like the idea a lot :D
Peeking on others on whole new level :)
age --|height_1.65m|weight_54kg|race_human|mentor_ergo.stomi|jamus.kevari|arkallon
Nira wrote:I guess medicine isn't quite at the stage of being able to deal with stubborn Corellians.
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

/Rpsupport
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2