Optional Connection Noise & Background Sounds

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

Optional Connection Noise & Background Sounds

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

Sitting on the server at the moment on my tod and thinking to myself: If I step away, and someone connects and joins game I really wouldn't know unless I came back and hit TAB or opened up the console. So I'm just suggesting for occassions such as this that there be an optional connection bleep. (I repeat optional. That means you could turn it off if you so desire for any reason) So when someone connects to the server, you hear a brief sound that the player will be able to recognise as the "Someone connected" noise. (At this sound I could swiftly return to my PC and not look AFK when someone arrives!)

Expanding on that, When I minimize the game or click away from the window when I'm playing windowed, I don't particularly like having the game sounds cutting in and out all the time for various reasons. (If the above suggestion was implemented that would be another reason for this addition) Because of this I'd also like to suggest that you have the option for "Sound in the background", so that you can hear in game sound whilst minimized or in another window.
Imil C. Ucindus
Lost One

Re: Optional Connection Noise & Background Sounds

Post by Imil C. Ucindus »

Nivek Tholmai wrote:Sitting on the server at the moment on my tod and thinking to myself: If I step away, and someone connects and joins game I really wouldn't know unless I came back and hit TAB or opened up the console. So I'm just suggesting for occassions such as this that there be an optional connection bleep. (I repeat optional. That means you could turn it off if you so desire for any reason) So when someone connects to the server, you hear a brief sound that the player will be able to recognise as the "Someone connected" noise. (At this sound I could swiftly return to my PC and not look AFK when someone arrives!)

Expanding on that, When I minimize the game or click away from the window when I'm playing windowed, I don't particularly like having the game sounds cutting in and out all the time for various reasons. (If the above suggestion was implemented that would be another reason for this addition) Because of this I'd also like to suggest that you have the option for "Sound in the background", so that you can hear in game sound whilst minimized or in another window.
I think of the sounds while minimized thing all the time. Would be very useful.
I believe in myself. Do you believe in me?
Garik Kelzim

Post by Garik Kelzim »

/support if possible
Name: Garik Kelzim| Species: Miraluka| Initiated: 276.24| Masters: Tomoran Serevarno
"Five naps a day keep A-48 away!"
Johauna Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Johauna Darkrider »

/support :)
age --|height_1.65m|weight_54kg|race_human|mentor_ergo.stomi|jamus.kevari|arkallon
Nira wrote:I guess medicine isn't quite at the stage of being able to deal with stubborn Corellians.
Ian Prine
Lost One

Post by Ian Prine »

I support.

Padawan Ian Prine
|race_human|age_--|height_1.77m|mentor(s)_jorel.ranon/cyril.feraan/rash.loist|

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

The first suggestion ("player connected" sound) is possible; proposals for the sound are welcome. :)

The second suggestion is not possible: technical aspects of sound playing are handled inside the game engine, which is beyond what a mod can affect*

* without using black magic or other assembly techniques I do not know.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Maybe we should have a TIE Fighter scream when someone arrives :P
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Could have the sound of a Lightsaber turning on or off. Or even just the sound of a Star Wars door opening. Unless people do want something more interesting/humorous Lol. Suppose they could edit the sound themselves as well if they cared that much.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

Or use a standard windows sound, something short but clear.
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I support this.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Nira'kalen'nuruodo
Lost One

Post by Nira'kalen'nuruodo »

Perhaps the soothing tones of a dial-up modem? :P

On a slightly more serious note, the chime used for /rpinfoitem (or /rpnotify, to be more precise) would do the trick.

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
|age_53|height_1.7m|weight_85kg|species_chiss|mentor_cyril.feraan|padawan_eugen.darkrider_nastajja.arren|

Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Delmi wrote:I support this.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

If it was recognizable, yet unobtrusive it'd be fine. I'm partial to the "secret_area.mp3" sound found in assets0>sound>interface.
Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

I think a more quiet, or at least less 'annoying' sound would be needed.I'd get pretty sick of hearing that sound every few minutes (if I'd have it turned on), and I'd constantly look up for an info thing heh

No idea what tone to use though but yea, something a bit less loud as the info things..

Fane Ornn'ila - Jedi Knight
¦ Mentor: Kaelen Sekura ¦

Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Would have to be a bit faint though.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades