Fury and Slow Aura

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

Imo, lighting is probably the only power that seems to be useless to change in colors.

I mean, it is based on a *physical* source. It is not to represent a psychological or telekinetical power. Why would a physical power change colors?

It's like making a crate change colors just because it is levitated by a Sith.

Wanna change colors depending on the light/dark side user? I like that idea, but I don't see the point of discussing about lightning.

Instead, for example, it would be cool if even the force push / pull auras changed colors as well, even if they are neutral powers.

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Agitt Tanwa
Lost One

Post by Agitt Tanwa »

To be honest I always considered all the 'visual effects' of the forces as something that gives some excitement to the game itself and has nothing to do with the RP. I think both in the movies and in the books the only force power that could realy be seen was a lightening as it phisicaly manifested itself there. In my opinion all the Protect, Absorb, Rage and such glowie-shinny stuff should only be something that a Jedi would be able to sense, but not literaly see.

|Last Known Age : 27|Species : Rodian|Status : N/A|

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Ruluk wrote:Imo, lighting is probably the only power that seems to be useless to change in colors.
Actually, not necessarily. I've read that when a light side user uses "Electric judgment" it's a orange or green colour, but when a dark sider uses it, it's the blue/white colour. Just saying.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

Delmi wrote:
Ruluk wrote:Imo, lighting is probably the only power that seems to be useless to change in colors.
Actually, not necessarily. I've read that when a light side user uses "Electric judgment" it's a orange or green colour, but when a dark sider uses it, it's the blue/white colour. Just saying.
Yeah, this is true, and part of why all of this came up. Powers like Storm and Grip are overtly dark side in their current form and we're left with little choice but to edge around them and fit them into the grey areas of our philosophies, but we have a little more flexibility if we had light side alternatives that are appealing.

However, the color of effects can already be altered via a small patch if you so please. The issue here would be how possible it is to get that Light/Dark side separation defined by RPmod etc.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine