Holonet Concept Art

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Ctathos
Lost One

Holonet Concept Art

Post by Ctathos »

I was in memory lane tonight, and came across an old upload. This is what I first drew as 'Concept Art' for the Holonet.

First Concept

After some work we had to come up with a 'JEDI Seal'. After two or three drafts and some collaboration with Jared Quell, we came up with our first 'final' draft.

Logo 'E'

Now that we had a logo I could move forward more with the design sketches.

Yay for Outline!

Finally, we had a full 'front page' drawn up and layared.

First Front Page

Oop! We needed a custom Residents page too... let's look at the first photoshop edittion.

6 Done

And since then Soh Raun has added marvelous coding and integrated the system into what it is now: nearly fully automated and very easy to use on all ends.

Some here may remember the 'old' Jedi Holonet. It was very well designed, by Erue back in the day. But is there anyone still around here (I know some refuse to post that they still exist) that remembers the old Freewebs Holonet? Oh that's a good laugh. Shame it's not around anymore. You'd have to had been here early in 2003 or late 2002 for that one.

Enough rambling.

Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

This is inspiring :) I am a designer, and am still learning to design websites. Thanks for this! It was more of a lesson then you know :)
| age_22 | height_2.6m | weight_125kg | race_human | mentor_simus.cnydaria
Ian Prine
Lost One

Post by Ian Prine »

Thats really neat, thanks for sharing that with us all.

Padawan Ian Prine
|race_human|age_--|height_1.77m|mentor(s)_jorel.ranon/cyril.feraan/rash.loist|

Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Corinth and Gabe had Color in their hair! :P
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

Ametha Tasia wrote:Corinth and Gabe had Color in their hair! :P

I think they still had "Just for Men" back then.
| age_22 | height_2.6m | weight_125kg | race_human | mentor_simus.cnydaria
Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

Phoe and Soh could've been brothers. But it's nice to see how the Holonet got formed. Epic.
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

Ametha Tasia wrote:Corinth and Gabe had Color in their hair! :P
That's nothing, SHIMI had colour in his hair!
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Re: Holonet Concept Art

Post by Soh Raun »

Ctathos wrote:But is there anyone still around here (I know some refuse to post that they still exist) that remembers the old Freewebs Holonet? Oh that's a good laugh. Shame it's not around anymore. You'd have to had been here early in 2003 or late 2002 for that one.
Are you talking about this ? :P
Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

Seems to me that Soh didn't gain any gray hairs since, at all. :?
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Avaeth

Post by Avaeth »

Oh. My. God.
Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

Soh Raun wrote:Are you talking about this ? :P
Wow. So that's how it all started. How bad that Erue and Phoe are not around anymore.... or, are they? :ph34r:

And, on another note... Tentou? Kaimu? XD

AND: "Use "[OOC]" when going Out Of Chararacter, and "[BIC]" when going Back In Character."

We HAVE to bring BIC back! :P

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

Soh Raun wrote:
Ctathos wrote:But is there anyone still around here (I know some refuse to post that they still exist) that remembers the old Freewebs Holonet? Oh that's a good laugh. Shame it's not around anymore. You'd have to had been here early in 2003 or late 2002 for that one.
Are you talking about this ? :P
Looks like I was a year off, early 04 late 03.

Yes! I searched for ages on Archive.Org last night for that. I couldn't remember the url and I tried everything! Brings a tear to my eyes. Those 'were the days'. Everyone of those members was top notch, very legit individuals. Ezekiel was never around, got deployed to Afghanistan or Iraq at the time. Oh and my first Master, Vash. Best saberist JEDI ever knew.

We had the Shimi Shuffle back then. Erue constantly 'shadow sparring' in the halls of JediCouncilGC... Jarin, Kyros, and myself (shame on Axem for deleting my first holonet account, you'd see I'd be member #7 instead of #10) doing 'backflip combinations' in the pit room. Vos Desu sitting AFK for endless hours on the upper balcony of the lobby. Lamers coming in and getting their tail's whipped. And our favorite lamer of all, Malice. Who was voted best FF Saberist in JK2 but thought we were the best place to 'play' because we put up a fight.

Oh the memories. Roleplay in that time consisted of a force template. Most interaction was duels (yes, duels) and near the end of that age there started to be more conversational interaction and the existence of something called 'in character'.

Axem Keigoku did wonders for developing JEDI into the roleplay clan it is today. Without him there would be no JEDI (it died at two points inbetween then and now), and there would be no roleplay.

Course we have to give serious props to Soh Raun and Phoe Nhix for sticking around all these years.

~~~~~~~~

For those interested in seeing the 'old holonet' WayBackMachine the holonet URL for 04 or 05.

Edit: And Vos Desu forbidding Rayn Tri from using the skin I made her because the Twi'lek was no longer in full length pants (I brought the skin up to a normal 'short' length). I'll never forget this.

Johauna Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Johauna Darkrider »

It's good to see part of the history of JEDI. :)
age --|height_1.65m|weight_54kg|race_human|mentor_ergo.stomi|jamus.kevari|arkallon
Nira wrote:I guess medicine isn't quite at the stage of being able to deal with stubborn Corellians.
Raulos
Exiled

Post by Raulos »

There's a lot of it.

A lot of it.
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

Ctathos wrote:I was in memory lane tonight, and came across an old upload. This is what I first drew as 'Concept Art' for the Holonet.

First Concept

After some work we had to come up with a 'JEDI Seal'. After two or three drafts and some collaboration with Jared Quell, we came up with our first 'final' draft.

Logo 'E'

Now that we had a logo I could move forward more with the design sketches.

Yay for Outline!

Finally, we had a full 'front page' drawn up and layared.

First Front Page

Oop! We needed a custom Residents page too... let's look at the first photoshop edittion.

6 Done

And since then Soh Raun has added marvelous coding and integrated the system into what it is now: nearly fully automated and very easy to use on all ends.

Some here may remember the 'old' Jedi Holonet. It was very well designed, by Erue back in the day. But is there anyone still around here (I know some refuse to post that they still exist) that remembers the old Freewebs Holonet? Oh that's a good laugh. Shame it's not around anymore. You'd have to had been here early in 2003 or late 2002 for that one.

Enough rambling.
Is the front page in latin? :shock: :?:
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2