What made you start roleplaying?

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Cairn Trenor

What made you start roleplaying?

Post by Cairn Trenor »

It probably started in the playground in school with actual real life events. But after a while me and friend found a few games to role play in, Including Half-Life 2. Jedi academy and Timesplitters. We managed to clock a good 4-5 years in timesplitters with a whole on-going story and using bots to fight.

That was back when i was 12, I am 19 now and have done almost constant RP in other games. Even forum RP's. Thats why i found ::Jedi:: I guess. Because a true RP'er will always find his home role play ;)

Tell us of your first Roleplay and share in stories if you do so wish.
Age: 10 || Race: Human || Gender: Male || Homeworld: Tatooine
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Heh... this place in fact, years ago... :roll:

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Some may hate this, but...I liked the whole prospect of 'pretending to be Jedi' or seeing what it would be like if I were actually in the SW universe. I never REALLY had anything to help me accomplish that, so it just sayed at the back of my head.

However, after getting Jka, joining a fun sabering group, i learned that Rp-clans actually existed, Lol. (Yeh, n00bish I know...) I asked around and a friend helped me find this place, and I'm quite thankful they did. :)

And no...I have no prior experience before ::JEDI::. :shock:
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

As i'll quite freely admit i had absolutely no RP experience before coming to JEDI. Anyone who remembers my time spent as a hopeful can most likely support this. :roll:
What little i could try and lay claim to was very loose, non-organised RP online on Freelancer. It was only on one day spent running around on JA's Atlantica, engaged on a form of loose RP at the time, that someone appeared and mentioned JEDI, talking of their basic atitude to RP. This got me interested and after discovering the server (only to find it required the patch, mod and everything else) i've been here ever since.
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

I think I was....ten? Eleven? I was over at a good friend's house (no, not a good friend, he was just generous with his SNES and Chrono Trigger) when he introduced the idea of PnP/tabletop gaming to me. At first I was very objective about it, always just after the next treasure, the next kill, the next little bit of experience, never really caring why I did what I was doing.

Being more or less raised on shooting/action games (wolfenstein/doom/quake and the like), making the transition into RPG's came just as quickly as the story lines could entrance me.

The first game that I actually threw myself into (creating a back story, getting into character, creating fun RP with others) was when I got a copy of Ultima Online for Christmas in '97. Fun times were had, and many hours lost to the void.

I wouldn't trade it for anything. :)

Garik Kelzim

Post by Garik Kelzim »

12 yrs old + Oblivion = RP Fan!!!!!!!!
Name: Garik Kelzim| Species: Miraluka| Initiated: 276.24| Masters: Tomoran Serevarno
"Five naps a day keep A-48 away!"
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

My uncle first introduced me to role play games when I was eleven, though to be fair, I was highly interested in SNES and PS1 "RPGs" before I sat down with a character sheet and dice.

He played through the 80s with a variety of games, both RPGs and and war games. He told me that often times they would play into the early morning, and simply fall asleep where they were in the living room, to wake up and continue where they left off.

Anyway, when my brother and I spent the night at my aunt and uncle's house when I was eleven, my brother twelve or thirteen, we played a game of RuneQuest 3rd edition. I played an elf shaman apprentice, my brother a troll warrior. It was a simple dungeon crawl, along with my cousin, two of her friends, and my aunt as well.
It was exciting, because I wasn't limited by some silly video game controller. I could do as I pleased, and being eleven, I made some stupid choices.

Since that time, I've been enthralled with role playing. After my initial introduction I started buying up RuneQuest 3rd Edition supplements and rulebooks on ebay, because it was long out of print.

The irony of JEDI is a different story.
I was introduced to JK2 through a multi-game clan called OL(SK) through Halo PC. Through them, I started server hopping, went through a handful of typical clans, and found JEDI by accident. When I first went into their server, I was in awe that there was role playing for Star Wars. But by the time I got around to being interested in joining, JEDI had shut down.
When I heard they reopened, I jumped at the opportunity, and joined up quickly.

It's been a strange, coincidental trip.
Imil C. Ucindus
Lost One

Re: What made you start roleplaying?

Post by Imil C. Ucindus »

Cairn Trenor wrote:It probably started in the playground in school with actual real life events. But after a while me and friend found a few games to role play in, Including Half-Life 2. Jedi academy and Timesplitters. We managed to clock a good 4-5 years in timesplitters with a whole on-going story and using bots to fight.

That was back when i was 12, I am 19 now and have done almost constant RP in other games. Even forum RP's. Thats why i found ::Jedi:: I guess. Because a true RP'er will always find his home role play ;)

Tell us of your first Roleplay and share in stories if you do so wish.
lol. This is why I love you dude. I started back on nintendo 64. I would play mario64 and switch between mario kart as if he was really driving places to pick up stuff then come back to the castle. Pretty corny, but hey. I was a lonely kid(because nobody I knew wanted to roleplay). :(.

As far as roleplaying on Jedi games? Always. I started on outcast, and did many years of roleplaying with my brother and friends, on Ja base, OJP, and forcemod. My favorite was OJP. I still actually do some roleplay with that every now and then. Will never get old. Once I found out about rp clans I was really disapointed about how most operated. You'd sign up on the forums and they'd be jackass'ing on the server all the time. With nothing really going on. Thats why I really appreciate JEDI.
I believe in myself. Do you believe in me?
Tyi Rah

Post by Tyi Rah »

I was (still am really) obsessed with the Final Fantasy series when I was little and often used to change the story slightly so we could play as the characters on the playground in school. I grew up out of it since doing these things in secondary school just ain't the recipe for an easy school life and Role play just became one of those things I always meant to look in to in my own time.

I love Star Wars and love JKA even more, I've played quite possibly every single different variant of this game and I discovered the possibility to RP but wasn't impressed with the set up (everyone's character was amazing, and just couldn't die) so gave up. Then I stumbled across this clan and well as i'm sure you can guess through me applying, it's finally letting me give role play a whirl! (No real prior experience before this)
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

Roleplaying always came as natural to me as a child, whether I was really young with stuffed animals or Legos, or playing with others in the backyard.

It was a natural progression some years later when I found JKA.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Jenny Wrix
Lost One

Post by Jenny Wrix »

I think my first time Roleplaying was in star wars galaxies 6 or 5 years ago. Though in the cantina's of modern day SWG is flooded with roleplayers and nothing is really organized. You walk in..say as a Twi'lek Bounty hunter with a full set of mandalorian armor.

Just create a background story in your Bio (Much like here) though there weren't any restrictions obviously, I used to go around as a Twi'lek bounty hunter as stated above, we would organize a duel or make it look like somebody has a bounty on their head and these would drag on for hours it was tons of fun. Though people would interrupt what you're doing most of the time since they think you're just roleplaying spontaneously.

It was fun back then, but now I think its better to have restrictions and privacy when doing this. ;)

(Like ::JEDI:: )
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

My first, real experience at role-playing came when I was 6-7 years old, where I role-played being Han Solo with my Filipina "girlfriend" as Leia in playground adventures with my best friend, who in-turn role-played being Luke Skywalker because he had a black jacket with a hood.

My introduction to actual role-play in games came via KotOR after I got past the frustration of not being able to control my character as I could in JK2/JKA. Following, I eventually discovered the JEDI server on accident, and after transitioning from being a lamer, the rest was history.
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Cyril Feraan wrote:Roleplaying always came as natural to me as a child, whether I was really young with stuffed animals or Legos, or playing with others in the backyard.

It was a natural progression some years later when I found JKA.
I am a role-player, and I approve of this message.

Tyrael Zerric

Post by Tyrael Zerric »

Roleplaying was pretty much a new concept to me about 7 years ago when I got my first copy of JKA. I've been roleplaying on JKA for about 5 years now, started 2 years ago after a long and persistent search for something new to do instead of repeatedly killing people in MP. I came across multiple JA+ servers and continued on, not realizing there was really any REAL balanced community. I hated the aspect of the all powerful and people who loved their characters to the point of attachment, so when I heard of this place while playing MB2, I jumped onboard.

So far, I've been enjoying my stay here, it's been quite fun.
Tyrael Zerric
| age_7 | race_epicanthix | gender_male |
Ergo Stomi
Lost One

Post by Ergo Stomi »

My story is similar to others. I started as a kid, playing in backyards, pretending to be characters and the like, and my house, playing with toys and making stories with them.

As I grew older, my hobbies shifted from toys to video games, where I played a mixture of action/shooter games and then as my gaming tastes matured a bit, and as I grew more patient, I started playing RPGs.

Eventually I discovered JKA, where I joined a gaming clan with Jamus for a year or so. Within this time, we would randomly raid and attack RP servers. Eventually we discovered JEDI, laming back then during the pre-RPmod days. And like so many others, we fell in love with JEDI after exposure. The rest is history.

"...a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends."
| age _ 52| height _ 1.89 meters | weight _ 95.1 kilograms | race _ kel.dor | mentor _ rash.loist | padawans _ larkit / johauna.darkrider / daereon.daimon |