Moving crates

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Agitt Tanwa
Lost One

Moving crates

Post by Agitt Tanwa »

My suggestion is: tinker with the console brought up by TAB and switch all 999 to appear as 666.

Uhm.. not. :lol:

What I realy had in mind, as in the topic, is moving the crates. Today we had some of that during an exercise, and I had to admit that as an adult Rodian I could do close to nothing to help in moving them, while 11 year old Olim pushed and pulled the crates around however he wished. (Of course I mean it half-jokingly and oocly)
The point I'm trying to make here, is: Is it possible to make the crates moveable through use-button?
I'm pretty sure in MBII on Cloud City map there was huge brick of textures called Han Solo, which we could move around freely by hitting 'use' near him. It didn't work perfect, but it sufficed. I think it would come in handy if someone simply wanted to ::Push the crate:: with his own strengh, not relying on the force. (And kicking them around is both slightly silly and ineffective imo.)

Didn't see if anyone suggested it so far, so this is just a small thought of mine. :D

|Last Known Age : 27|Species : Rodian|Status : N/A|

Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Agreed, I don't see why any person wouldn't be able to lift an item with their hands and arms. I don't think there are any Jedi that are lazy enough that they do everything with telekinesis.

Though wouldn't this be more of a script/function in the object itself, not the mod?

Except Master Denethorn maybe. <3

Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Usually the move via the "use" button is something mapped, such as "using" a button to open a door or etc.

The NPC objects function the same way as typical NPCs do, you can push and pull them and grip them.

I'm not sure you can do much else with objects in the q3 engine.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

If it's possible, I support it.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Ian Prine
Lost One

Post by Ian Prine »

Delmi wrote:If it's possible, I support it.
You said it Delms.

Padawan Ian Prine
|race_human|age_--|height_1.77m|mentor(s)_jorel.ranon/cyril.feraan/rash.loist|

Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

Delmi wrote:If it's possible, I support it.