Force Storm Distance

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Force Storm Distance

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

I just thought of the difference between the long distance of Storm 2 and the shorter but more powerful Storm 5. Should Storm 5 be equal to Storm 2 distance? It is not a huge deal but I just thought it was ineresting.
A Jedi does not grasp at power. A Jedi is not a dominator, not an oppressor. To grasp for power is to abandon the ways of the Force.
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Storm 2 has pitiful distance in RPMod, in basejka and in JA+ you could snipe people halfway across the level with lightning 2.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

In RPMod, all Storm (Lightning) levels have the same range of 512 units. In BaseJKA, levels 1/2 had a range of 2048 while level 3 was 512, which is ridiculous.
Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

Ah okay. It must just be the animation that makes it look further. Cheers!
A Jedi does not grasp at power. A Jedi is not a dominator, not an oppressor. To grasp for power is to abandon the ways of the Force.
Mazik Darza

Post by Mazik Darza »

In basejka levels 1/2 have higher ranges because it's a much more narrow shot, level 3s range is much more wide but not a long for range.
Click sig for model - Minor Update (Reduced clipping) August 31st
|Age:15|Species:Unidentified|Homeworld:Kirrek|
Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

Branched suggestion: why not make the range increase per level? (up to 1536 for lvl 5, for example)

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

Ruluk wrote:Branched suggestion: why not make the range increase per level? (up to 1536 for lvl 5, for example)
This is really unnecessary given its power, unless the branching was just kept to the small values well under 1000.

Sufficient absorption or saber defense would block it either way, and it'd just be even more deadly to everyone else who has no chance of blocking it.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

Possibly, reduce the current range for the first levels and increase it for the latest?

Say,

256, lvl1
512, lvl2
512, lvl3 (since it gets wide range here)
768, lvl4
896, lvl5

(just an example)

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

Storm is already overpowered, have you ever seen someone hold them up in the air and shoot them with storm 4-5? Yeah..
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Rash Loist wrote:Storm is already overpowered, have you ever seen someone hold them up in the air and shoot them with storm 4-5? Yeah..
Thank you. There's not reason to make any more powerful.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

Delmi wrote:
Rash Loist wrote:Storm is already overpowered, have you ever seen someone hold them up in the air and shoot them with storm 4-5? Yeah..
Thank you. There's not reason to make any more powerful.
Then, instead of overpowering it, why not underpower it?

Make that 512 becomes the range at lvl 5, and in lvl 1 it could be like 128 or so (which is very close).

These are just ideas for the community to consider. I am not in favor nor against range modifications, since I have not seen it being used much. :P

Mazik Darza

Post by Mazik Darza »

Why not leave it up to the users discretion? Like make the power customizable with a slider bar? One end is low range high power other end high range lower power?
Click sig for model - Minor Update (Reduced clipping) August 31st
|Age:15|Species:Unidentified|Homeworld:Kirrek|
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Mazik Darza wrote:Why not leave it up to the users discretion? Like make the power customizable with a slider bar? One end is low range high power other end high range lower power?
I can dig this.

But two words to consider: chain lightning
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Lol. While cool...we're still Jedi.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Not unheard of, just entirely unlikely:

Chain Lightning was a variation of Force lightning with the difference being that the lightning was able to strike one person and then move to another or several others. As it was more powerful than the standard lightning, it required a greater amount of discipline and concentration to project and sustain the stream of lightning. The only confirmed users are the Force apparition known as Dark Mara and Galen Marek.

However, in JEDI, there are already vast swathes of unlikely things being made every day.