Addition to Storm

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

It's basically extending the stun ability from DEMP primary/alt fire to Lightning.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Maloush
Lost One

Post by Maloush »

Zeak Dystiny wrote:It's basically extending the stun ability from DEMP primary/alt fire to Lightning.
Exactly!

| age_44 | height_1.80m | weight_81.65g | race_rodian | mentor_martis.alguien | padawan_sarran.kuo/delmi.n'jork/caleb.quintilian|

((Alt. Character Skin))

Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Zeak Dystiny wrote:It's basically extending the stun ability from DEMP primary/alt fire to Lightning.
That I can go with.

Reading this again, the word 'stunlock' comes to mind, and makes me queasy.

Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

I support both the stun suggestion and the knockdown suggestion. Both seem realistic to me, and as Alkur has said, in the heat of battle you won't be worrying about "oh, I'm being electrocuted, I must stop now and do /emknockdown"

/support

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

But higher levels of storm already have knockdown... essentially storm would be overpowered if the knockdown or stun capabilities were expanded to lower levels.
Maloush
Lost One

Post by Maloush »

I disagree. I think the stun should be enabled for all of the levels. If you're shocking someone, they're stopped until you let go of your storm, as it were. Any level of storm is a nice little zap.

| age_44 | height_1.80m | weight_81.65g | race_rodian | mentor_martis.alguien | padawan_sarran.kuo/delmi.n'jork/caleb.quintilian|

((Alt. Character Skin))

Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

Alkur Tekeil wrote:But higher levels of storm already have knockdown...
Heh. I had forgotten that detail.
Alkur Tekeil wrote:essentially storm would be overpowered if the knockdown or stun capabilities were expanded to lower levels.
I don't see what a stun with low duration could overpower, honestly.

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Maloush
Lost One

Post by Maloush »

I disagree. I think the stun should be enabled for all of the levels. If you're shocking someone, they're stopped until you let go of your storm, as it were. Any level of storm is a nice little zap.

((Alt. Character Skin))

Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

Any level of storm is a nice little zap.
That I do agree with.
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

Don't know if it's been mentioned. But Luke Skywalker obviously was shocked when Palpatine stopped his lightning, and was still kind of buzzed after the whole scene with Vader throwing Palpatine down his own shaft, so it indeed took a while to get up. This might also easily be roleplayed if it's end-scene combat of course, or verbal. But in fights, I believe it'd be too easy to abuse on like a 20 second basis, five seconds of DEMP-style to 7 seconds of the same should be the limit in my opinion.
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Lightning -is- a rare ability, contrary to popular belief. So until something is made to make lightning rare within JEDI, anything that adds to its power is just...too much. That's my take on it, anyways.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Maloush
Lost One

Post by Maloush »

Ametha Tasia wrote:Lightning -is- a rare ability, contrary to popular belief. So until something is made to make lightning rare within JEDI, anything that adds to its power is just...too much. That's my take on it, anyways.
You'd be surprised to know that not many people actually use storm. If they're using it in a spar, then that just makes them look bad. It's probably more of a field ability than anything.

((Alt. Character Skin))

Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

I'm just a little bit hesistant here as -- if it's as you say, Maloush, and Storm isn't really used that much inter-Jedi anyway, then it means all this is is going to be another way to make Jedi ridiculously more powerful than anyone else in the field, as if it's not hard enough to make reasonable non-Jedi enemies as is.

Logically, it makes enough sense, just a little concerned about that aspect considering Storm is already death for non-Jedi.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Maloush
Lost One

Post by Maloush »

Well, perhaps I'm speaking from my own perspective, considering I have level 2 and will probably only use level 2. The whole point of this is to get SOME type of reaction out of troops when we shock them. Else, if we didn't, we're shooting blue energyz at soldiers with no effect. While we're firing lightning, we can't block blaster bolts, so we die.

((Alt. Character Skin))

Jenny Wrix
Lost One

Post by Jenny Wrix »

This is only my opinion referring to the movies.

If your lightning capabilities are level 3 (or whatever level until there are multiple bolts) would be the minimum level to where you can stop them from shooting their weapon AND knocking them down to the ground.

We all know the part where the Emperor shocks Luke and he falls the ground and is obviously in too much pain to do anything about it, and since the level where you extend both hands is level 3 (depending on RPmod settings) which is what the Emperor was doing.

Also when Count Dooku shocks Anakin it sends him flying across the room and keeps him down for quite a while, until he jumps to save Obi-wan.

So since this isn't a very common force power anyways it would make sense to give it some necessary power.

Lightning 1: Stuns and cannot use weapon.
Lightning 2: Stuns and knocks down briefly (RP out how long)
Lightning 3: Stuns, Shocks, and is very painful.
(So on and so forth)

BUT
Since most members that have lightning are masters and are above level 3 this doesn't really matter all that badly.