Running and Walking transitions

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Mazik Darza

Running and Walking transitions

Post by Mazik Darza »

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a warm up and cool down when switching between running and walking. Because when you run it takes a few seconds to get up to full running speed. It's the same thing for slowing down, you can't come to a complete immediate halt because momentum would carry you forward.

For example, if you drive a car with manual gear shifting you can't start it in 5th gear or you'll destroy the engine. Now, while sentient life doesn't generally consist of cars, it's the same concept.
Click sig for model - Minor Update (Reduced clipping) August 31st
|Age:15|Species:Unidentified|Homeworld:Kirrek|
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

Good idea but the animation complexities plus implementation and unknown gameplay effects of having to deal with it make me say 'toggle', but even so it seems like too much hassle even for that.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Arendur
Lost One

Post by Arendur »

Toggle? :D

Edit: Could it be a togglable option*
| Someone should make me a cool signature | Clothes welcome too |
Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

Just a side note, can we make all walk speeds the same? No reason why a youngling can't keep up with an adult while walking.
| age_22 | height_2.6m | weight_125kg | race_human | mentor_simus.cnydaria
Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

Baelin Raddyx wrote:Just a side note, can we make all walk speeds the same? No reason why a youngling can't keep up with an adult while walking.
It's realism, my brother finds it hard to keep up with me when we are walking.
Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

How old is your brother, and do you walk inhumanly fast? A 5-10 year old should find it easy to keep up with an adult when walking at a normal pace. People generally walk at th esame speed. Maybe we can have a walk speed increase/decrease silder?
| age_22 | height_2.6m | weight_125kg | race_human | mentor_simus.cnydaria
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Think if you make the walking speeds all the same, the younglings are going to sort of what... float really quickly in between each step? People with smaller legs take a lot more to keep up with those who have longer and in general, are slower because of that. While I see where you're coming from, I think the issue I mentioned above will exist, so it might be better to keep things how they are.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Arendur
Lost One

Post by Arendur »

They can do the moonwalk :D
| Someone should make me a cool signature | Clothes welcome too |
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Baelin Raddyx wrote:Just a side note, can we make all walk speeds the same? No reason why a youngling can't keep up with an adult while walking.
I'm two meters tall IRL. Short people don't walk the same speed as me.

Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

Baelin Raddyx wrote:How old is your brother, and do you walk inhumanly fast? A 5-10 year old should find it easy to keep up with an adult when walking at a normal pace. People generally walk at th esame speed. Maybe we can have a walk speed increase/decrease silder?
I'm 17 he is 13, Plus i seen loads of kids having to speed walk just to keep up with parents.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

We should have a fast skipping animation then, as that's how they usually keep up. :roll:

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

Sebastin Creed wrote:We should have a fast skipping animation then, as that's how they usually keep up. :roll:
When I want to keep up, to make it seem like I'm speed walking/Skipping, I simply tap the run button repeatedly.
Garik Kelzim

Post by Garik Kelzim »

Phillip Braden wrote:
Baelin Raddyx wrote:How old is your brother, and do you walk inhumanly fast? A 5-10 year old should find it easy to keep up with an adult when walking at a normal pace. People generally walk at th esame speed. Maybe we can have a walk speed increase/decrease silder?
I'm 17 he is 13, Plus i seen loads of kids having to speed walk just to keep up with parents.
I'm sorry but when I was 10 I could keep up just fine with 17/18 year old people, and I've seen lots of other kids who could too.
Name: Garik Kelzim| Species: Miraluka| Initiated: 276.24| Masters: Tomoran Serevarno
"Five naps a day keep A-48 away!"
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Garik Kelzim wrote:I'm sorry but when I was 10 I could keep up just fine with 17/18 year old people, and I've seen lots of other kids who could too.
As could I. But honestly, when you get someone like...Delmi, for example, who's like like..7 foot, you're not keeping up with someone of that size. As far as keeping up with people due to model scale, I'd say keep it the way it is.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

I think more people would end up accidentally falling off cliffs IF you add a transition.

It's a good suggestion, but I think it would be better for force speed. The regular run animation is more like a "light jog" anyway.

Also, since I'm already here, I think it would be cool if you could if for every level of Force speed you buy, the regular run animation speed is increased a little. I'm sure it can be done.
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2