Weapon Damage-Scaling

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

I think if gun damages are upped, the saber damages will need to be altered as well, regardless of how many swings it takes down someone at the moment. During those two/three, however many swings it takes (because people DO miss, as others move, so you 'clip' the person barely doing any damage or either they ghost), you are left exceptionally open, if someone manages to dodge your swing and unload enough bolts into you, you're essentially screwed - especially those with lower health and shields than others. 'Realistically', a Jedi shouldn't get downed so easily or be forced to have their character go down and end up being wounded, just because of their possible 'inadequate' saber abilities in real life. Think there's a huge counter to doing what has been mentioned, even with increased saber damages.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Phillip Braden

Re: Weapon Damage-Scaling

Post by Phillip Braden »

Ethan Kase wrote: Seriously, how many people can take like 30 lightsaber hits before going down.
ME!!!!! :D JK, thats a good point, but when it comes to the training blades the damage needs to be changed slightly as duels with training frequency take like 5-10 mins.
Agitt Tanwa
Lost One

Post by Agitt Tanwa »

Zeak Dystiny wrote:I think if gun damages are upped, the saber damages will need to be altered as well, regardless of how many swings it takes down someone at the moment. During those two/three, however many swings it takes (because people DO miss, as others move, so you 'clip' the person barely doing any damage or either they ghost), you are left exceptionally open, if someone manages to dodge your swing and unload enough bolts into you, you're essentially screwed - especially those with lower health and shields than others. 'Realistically', a Jedi shouldn't get downed so easily or be forced to have their character go down and end up being wounded, just because of their possible 'inadequate' saber abilities in real life. Think there's a huge counter to doing what has been mentioned, even with increased saber damages.
If you miss, its natural you are open and deal no damage at all, no matter what your damage is. I think it's the defense/deflection that should be altered if anything, not the damage.

|Last Known Age : 27|Species : Rodian|Status : N/A|

Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Training frequency duels are 'realistic', and they're quite enjoyable. I wouldn't want them altered.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."

Agitt Tanwa
Lost One

Post by Agitt Tanwa »

Zeak Dystiny wrote:Training frequency duels are 'realistic', and they're quite enjoyable. I wouldn't want them altered.
Agreed, they're just the thing you need to go through during your training, and its quite valuable experience the way it works now.

Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

Agitt Tanwa wrote:
Zeak Dystiny wrote:Training frequency duels are 'realistic', and they're quite enjoyable. I wouldn't want them altered.
Agreed, they're just the thing you need to go through during your training, and its quite valuable experience the way it works now.
I admit the first 5-10 mins are good but once or if it drags out longer it can get boring, maybe tweak the stance damage when using training frequency so like Blue does little damage, Yellow do only slightly more and Red do a tiny bit more still, and the other two leave them as I don't know about the damage scaling as I have only seen one of them used and I don't even know which one that is.
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

I remember a while back Soh saying that there's no way gun damages can be upped at the moment. When we were talking about this very same suggestion.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Agitt Tanwa
Lost One

Post by Agitt Tanwa »

Phillip Braden wrote:
Agitt Tanwa wrote:
I admit the first 5-10 mins are good but once or if it drags out longer it can get boring, maybe tweak the stance damage when using training frequency so like Blue does little damage, Yellow do only slightly more and Red do a tiny bit more still, and the other two leave them as I don't know about the damage scaling as I have only seen one of them used and I don't even know which one that is.
Isn't it exactly how it is now? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. Besides, if anyone already knows yellow and red, they rarely use training frequencies anyway. Besides, it's obvious it gets boring if you are -watching- them.

Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Agitt Tanwa wrote: If you miss, its natural you are open and deal no damage at all, no matter what your damage is. I think it's the defense/deflection that should be altered if anything, not the damage.
Yes, I know it's natural, and I'm saying with increased damages it makes it even more deadlier and possibly more irritating because of that. If you up gun damages, you should do the same to lightsabers, regardless of how big or small the change might be. While others will be able to down you more quickly, you should be able to do the same without being left open or in one place for so long. I agree with the defence and deflection alteration.
Last edited by Zeak Dystiny on Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

Ametha Tasia wrote:I remember a while back Soh saying that there's no way gun damages can be upped at the moment. When we were talking about this very same suggestion.
If they cannot be tweak then I see no reason for the dicussion about guns damages to be continued, but if saber damages can be tweaked then the 'debate' over them can go on till it gets old and boring as we no longer make sense and just end up arguing. :twisted:
Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

Agitt Tanwa wrote:
Phillip Braden wrote:
Agitt Tanwa wrote: Agreed, they're just the thing you need to go through during your training, and its quite valuable experience the way it works now.
Isn't it exactly how it is now? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. Besides, if anyone already knows yellow and red, they rarely use training frequencies anyway. Besides, it's obvious it gets boring if you are -watching- them.
Sorry for double post,

In the past when I was using OJP or with other clans, it can get boring if it drags out with still no victor, even if it's *you* thats duelling.
Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

So...

Phillip:

Don't get me wrong with my comment, folk, but this isn't another clan nor OJP. This is JEDI and Rpmod. If you get bored by watching, no one is forcing you to stay, just leave the room politely and go to do something else. Now, if you're serious, and you really get bored by dueling yourself... Well...

Ametha:

I know that weapon damages can be modified. *I* know how to do it myself, it's easy. Now, if Soh said that he can't, it must be for some other reason, I guess.

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

I wasn't complaining <_< so shush, I was *STATING*, and when I get bored I tend to leave the room anyway XD.
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Oh, well...I could be wrong. I have a sketchy memory. :P
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

You can't edit the weapon damages in the .dat file, however. Unless I missed something. There's another way, surely.