Weapon Damage-Scaling

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

Zeak Dystiny wrote:You can't edit the weapon damages in the .dat file, however. Unless I missed something. There's another way, surely.
Sure, lemme explain.

The bolt damages and other attributes of the weapons (for example, splash radius, bolt speed) are determined by the dlls of the engine itself. Thus, you have to mod to change those values. I'm talking about the coding modding, the one that Soh does. With that same approach is that you change the saber system, for example.

For coding, you need the coding program (obviously), in this case Visual C++ 7.0; you also need the source code. We have that code for MP only, so you can't change any of these values in SP, in theory.

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

I remember in the movies that once someone was hit with one blaster bolt to the chest, they died. Seeing that there is no such thing as a shield generator in real life, we should keep it realistic to SW. I also don't remember seeing personal shields in the movies either though.

The real problem with this is that not everybody wants their character to die. I can see this for minor characters who have no ending written for them. But that problem is already solved with accounts. The Soldier account for instance, it's only like 50/50 hp lol. A few good shots and they are dead. But as for JEDI characters, if you suck like I do it will make it rough. It wouldn't be realistic for Atrux to suck because he's been training for some 20 years. So I RP that he can hold his own, when in actuality we both suck eggs.
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2