Wont let me join

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Seylone Sa'atui

Wont let me join

Post by Seylone Sa'atui »

Im a new hopeful here and when I try to get on the server the server it goes to the loading screen that says "RP Mod" then after a while it goes to my desktop and says, "The application Jedi Academy MP quit unexpectedly"

I have all the downloads besides the Atlantica_JEDI patch, which the link seems to not work. Do I need it to play, or is it optional? The council holograms NPCs do the same thing.

I did the manual download for RP Mod.

I also use a mac.

Can anyone help me with this or has had a similar problem?
Arendur
Lost One

Post by Arendur »

I'd try:
If that works, then start adding the extra packs one at a time and see if the error persists. So after initial startup, add the NPC Pack, then add the Vehicle Pack, then the Skins, then the Music Pack.
| Someone should make me a cool signature | Clothes welcome too |
Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

Arendur wrote:I'd try:
If that works, then start adding the extra packs one at a time and see if the error persists. So after initial startup, add the NPC Pack, then add the Vehicle Pack, then the Skins, then the Music Pack.
You need the NPC, and Vehicle packs to get on the server due to the high number of different custom NPC's used on the server, without that NPC pack you won't be able to get on.

Downloading it should ensure you can get on so long as you have the core RPmod files that Arendur mentioned.
Tyi Rah

Post by Tyi Rah »

Phillip Braden wrote: You need the NPC, and Vehicle packs to get on the server due to the high number of different custom NPC's used on the server, without that NPC pack you won't be able to get on.
Not sure about the Vehicle pack, but as for the NPC pack I didn't have it for a while, and just used to see loads of Kyles, so its not completely necessary. I could be wrong though.
Seylone Sa'atui

That didn't work and i have both the vehicles pack and the NPC pack
Jantsu Ribir

Post by Jantsu Ribir »

I'm not sure if it's because you're on a Mac, but I used the installer and had no problems.

Can you print screen the error message and show us?
Human, male. Twelve years old. Suspected loli hunter.
Seylone Sa'atui

There ya go.
Last edited by Seylone Sa'atui on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arendur
Lost One

Post by Arendur »

From the looks of it, you've placed all the files in your base folder. You have to have certain RPMod files in the RPMod folder.

Create a folder named 'rpmod' (no quotes of course) right next to (not inside) the base folder and move RPMod-Client-Mac.pk3 there.
| Someone should make me a cool signature | Clothes welcome too |
Jantsu Ribir

Post by Jantsu Ribir »

Normally on Windows the error might be a graphics problem. Can you join other games? Drivers up to date? Launching/connecting correctly?

EDIT: And what he said above. I don't have anything in by base apart from assets.
Human, male. Twelve years old. Suspected loli hunter.
Seylone Sa'atui

I can get on other ffa servers.
Seylone Sa'atui

it wont even let me get on the enclave map. When I create a game with Allzoc 3 enclave it says "MAX_PATCH_PLANES"
Is it the map that isn't letting me get on?
Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

Are you sure you installed it correctly?

Did you do what Arendur said, for a start?

Do you have your game patched?

Reinstall the game, patch it again, and install the mod again, if needed. Others here have told you how to.

Oh, and please, next time, post thumbnail images instead of the full-sized ones. Then, you can give the link to the real image. That way, you don't disrupt the dimensions of the forums page.

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Is your Mac capable of running something like Parrells (sp?) and doing it that way? I did that for a while when I was using a Mac.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

Arendur wrote:From the looks of it, you've placed all the files in your base folder. You have to have certain RPMod files in the RPMod folder.

Create a folder named 'rpmod' (no quotes of course) right next to (not inside) the base folder and move RPMod-Client-Mac.pk3 there.
any maps that you get, put in the base folder. All other files from the website (skins, rpmod items, JEDI vehicles, weapons, whatever) go in the rpmod folder.

And fyi, you being able to get on other ffa servers have nothing to do with you being able to connect to JEDI
Seylone Sa'atui

I can only put downloads into my base folder, if i try to put them into other folders it doesn't load into the game. And I tried doing it anyways, and it still didn't work. I've already reinstalled the game once today, and ill do so again tomorrow.

I have a really crappy computer, and i'm guessing thats the reason why it's not working. I am saving for a new one and will probably buy it in a couple months or so. Until then I don't think I'll be able to get on. Thanks for the advice anyways.