Hold + Drain

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Maloush
Lost One

Hold + Drain

Post by Maloush »

Simple. We have the capability to hold enemies and the storm them...why not hold them and drain/slow them?

Questions, comments, concerns?

| age_44 | height_1.80m | weight_81.65g | race_rodian | mentor_martis.alguien | padawan_sarran.kuo/delmi.n'jork/caleb.quintilian|

((Alt. Character Skin))

Roan Takk
Lost One

Post by Roan Takk »

This would enable an instant kill with grip level 5 and any level of drain. I'm not saying I'm against it, just pointing out something that may cause others to be.

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

It's a neat idea, I support. -instakills, of course.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

As much as I love this, it sounds very overpowered once it comes to Hold 4-5
Maloush
Lost One

Post by Maloush »

Hold 4/5 has nothing to do with the amount of FP someone has, from my understanding. So, it'd work just the same as if you were storming them (minus the 1000000x knockback.)

| age_44 | height_1.80m | weight_81.65g | race_rodian | mentor_martis.alguien | padawan_sarran.kuo/delmi.n'jork/caleb.quintilian|

((Alt. Character Skin))

Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Uh, yes, but draining their FP while holding them makes it so they can't absorb out hence they have to take the full 4/8 seconds of the hold and get obliterated.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Maloush
Lost One

Post by Maloush »

This is true, yes. But choking for those 8 seconds won't kill them unless they're like...level 15 in which case you shouldn't be choking them anyways.

((Alt. Character Skin))

Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Well, if we're talking practical uses, everything we fight has 50 hp or less and dies in one hit or about two seconds of hold - though level 5 hold does about 160 damage and considering how drain works you can probably do it twice in a row, especially to a guardian, since they have piddly force but tons of health.

I'm not against this at all, just figured I would shed some light on how it'd go down, but I love cheesy nonsense because I am a jerk.
Iverian Prey

Post by Iverian Prey »

Just another way for consulars to try and equal up to guardians... ;)
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Everybody in this thread is Sentinels (Rash is a Guardian), dawg. I'm the only Consular here and I will never have drain. Though class balance is a different topic for a different thread if you want to bring it up, heh.

As I stated before, I don't have a problem with this, force on force battles are few and far between and if you play your character in such a way you can avoid them entirely. We don't have to have crazy spars. You can never draw a weapon in the temple past knighthood and tell people you're some mystical prodigy and write flowing letters about your exploits in combat and just let it be implied.

Who cares - though I believe that this, and hold/storm should require both hands and therefore require 'melee' weapon being used so that the concentration with one hand isn't tied up with your lightsaber.
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

I don't think we should be even able to hold enemies and then storm them... This addition could overpower the ability.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Aknaross Myotis
Lost One

Post by Aknaross Myotis »

Personally I think many powers should be able to be used combined. For example: Hold + Saber throw, Hold + Push/Pull(* this one is not avaible), Hold + Lightning, Hold + Drain, Hold + Cloak.

This blocking system is quite nosense in matters, as much in reality to use more than one power requires focus, the cost of FP already reflects that. However how it will be abused or not is a matter of players discipline, not something we have to force the MOD to limit us. Combining Force powers eases the job of creating new powers.

Although my only concern on this subject is that drain is a power that should be re-done. Perhaps turned into a Force stun, or something would be wiser.

Every JKA power should be re-done to adopt a more neutral side, even if it cost us Consulars the only offensive Force power (unless you make Telekinesis into a real offensive power such as throwing and damaging against solid entities and/or wall. Or even Push at high levels become a damaging skill [A strong Force push would feel like a strong air punch that could knock one out])
Last edited by Aknaross Myotis on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

|age_??|height_1.83m|weight_81kg|race_echani|mentor_corinth.alkorda/nivek.tholmai|padawan_ametha.tasia|

Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

Aknaross Myotis wrote:However how it will be abused or not is a matter of players discipline, not something we have to force the MOD to limit us.
Hit the nail right on the head.
Aknaross Myotis wrote:
[A strong Force push would feel like a strong air punch that could knock one out])

My sentiments as well!! I wish we were able to make additional force power slots, that would be nice.
| age_22 | height_2.6m | weight_125kg | race_human | mentor_simus.cnydaria
Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

Agreed with Aknaross here.

/support

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Ruluk wrote:Agreed with Aknaross here.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri