NPCs dropping weapons on death

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Olim Adasca
Lost One

NPCs dropping weapons on death

Post by Olim Adasca »

The title kind of says it all. Would it be possible to make the single-player npcs drop their guns etcetera on death while on like the Galaxy server only?
To ever get on Galaxy, you'd probably have downloaded the JEDI fileset before, which everyone does if they frequent the server or are members. Then again, it might not matter for client sides.
So:
1) Is it possible?
2) Is it an idea to make it toggable so that it can be applied one server at a time?
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Maloush
Lost One

Post by Maloush »

Pull 1 will work if you use it correctly.

| age_44 | height_1.80m | weight_81.65g | race_rodian | mentor_martis.alguien | padawan_sarran.kuo/delmi.n'jork/caleb.quintilian|

((Alt. Character Skin))

Ergo Stomi
Lost One

Post by Ergo Stomi »

I'm not even sure what you're suggesting.

"...a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends."
| age _ 52| height _ 1.89 meters | weight _ 95.1 kilograms | race _ kel.dor | mentor _ rash.loist | padawans _ larkit / johauna.darkrider / daereon.daimon |
Tyren Nayrus
Lost One

Post by Tyren Nayrus »

Maloush wrote:Pull 1 will work if you use it correctly.
We don't always get the time to pull the gun when we're under heavy fire, and when someone's dead we should be able to get their weapons, it would be a + to realism.
Name: Tyren Nayrus | Species: Zeltron | Age: 11 | Mentor(s): None |
Skin Link
Roan Takk
Lost One

Post by Roan Takk »

Tyren Nayrus wrote:when someone's dead we should be able to get their weapons, it would be a + to realism.
I can't disagree with this.

Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

Maloush wrote:Pull 1 will work if you use it correctly.
True, but what Tyren suggested is mostly it, sometimes you're in the heat of battle, take down some enemies, but you can't use their otherwise in good condition weapons which you may put on stun instead.
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Yes, pull 1 will work. Though like others said, sometimes you can't really keep pulling until you get the weapon while everyone is shooting at you..
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

I think they do drop on death, you just need to keep your eyes peeled or listen for a possible weapon pick-up noise as they can sometimes fall onto you without you knowing it.
Tyren Nayrus
Lost One

Post by Tyren Nayrus »

Dude, have you ever been on a Mission?
Name: Tyren Nayrus | Species: Zeltron | Age: 11 | Mentor(s): None |
Skin Link
Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

Tyren Nayrus wrote:Dude, have you ever been on a Mission?
What Tyren's trying to say but is too blunt to, no, Phil, they don't drop on death.
Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

Olim Adasca wrote:
What Tyren's trying to say but is too blunt to, no, Phil, they don't drop on death.
I said think, and yes I have been on one as a Chiss soldier.
Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

Phillip Braden wrote:
Olim Adasca wrote:
I said think, and yes I have been on one as a Chiss soldier.
We're talking about NPCs here, not player-controlled roles. Bots..
Maloush
Lost One

Post by Maloush »

Okay children that's leave the bickering aside and get back on topic.

PLAYERS do drop the weapons once they die. NPCs do not, and that is what Olim is suggesting.

| age_44 | height_1.80m | weight_81.65g | race_rodian | mentor_martis.alguien | padawan_sarran.kuo/delmi.n'jork/caleb.quintilian|

((Alt. Character Skin))

Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

Simply because pull 1 can work doesn't mean that Olim's suggestion doesn't hold it's weight. In missions, an ultimatum usually presents itself: pull correctly or die. Sacrificing chopping the guy in two to pull their weapon is dangerous, and should only be used with pull 2 when you're SURE it'll happen.

No, weapons do not drop on death. You may be able to pick up weapons that a person drops, I'm not sure.

All in all this suggestion is completely on point. This also saves issues if the director has to merc the person just so they can rp picking up the stupid weapon.
| age_22 | height_2.6m | weight_125kg | race_human | mentor_simus.cnydaria
Maloush
Lost One

Post by Maloush »

Baelin Raddyx wrote:Simply because pull 1 can work doesn't mean that Olim's suggestion doesn't hold it's weight. In missions, an ultimatum usually presents itself: pull correctly or die. Sacrificing chopping the guy in two to pull their weapon is dangerous, and should only be used with pull 2 when you're SURE it'll happen.

No, weapons do not drop on death. You may be able to pick up weapons that a person drops, I'm not sure.

All in all this suggestion is completely on point. This also saves issues if the director has to merc the person just so they can rp picking up the stupid weapon.
Actually, yes, I believe it does. Chop up a player and you SHOULD get the weapon.

((Alt. Character Skin))