Post by Daereon »

Delmi wrote:Agreed with Azra and Rash.
Have to say I'm with them.

Daereon Daimon, Jedi Knight, Nexu Clan.
Initiated: 269.30| Mentors: Aeon Xarbon_Ergo Stomi| Knighted: 284.28
Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

Roan Takk wrote:My first instinct was to disagree with this idea because it seems completely unrealistic. Using the Force to disappear completely is acceptable, but using a machine to accomplish that? There are lots of advanced things in the Star Wars universe, but a good sense of "reality" is still felt. Having a machine that is capable of completely erasing someone from sight seems a bit far-fetched, or at least far too expensive for just any old Jedi to be carrying around.

However, I like the idea of it working when you're still, and having the distortion when moving. That seems much more feasible and realistic, plus, I also hate the distortion thing. It may be realistic, but it still ruins the point. I'm all for the "predator style" initiative.

Ever read Artemis Fowl books? I believe the "cam-foil" described would be an accurate representation of cloaks in SW. In other words, it shimmers and modifies its micro-circuitry to fool the naked eye, but if viewed from a camera or something it would be like viewing it through a screen of some sort.

For slightly more information:

http://artemisfowl.wikia.com/wiki/Cam_Foil
Last edited by Baelin Raddyx on Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| age_22 | height_2.6m | weight_125kg | race_human | mentor_simus.cnydaria
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Baelin Raddyx wrote:Ever read Artemis Fowl books? I believe the "cam-foil" described would be an accurate representation of cloaks in SW. In other words, it shimmers and camouflage to the naked eye, but if viewed from a camera or something it would be like viewing it through a screen of some sort.
<3
Aslyn wrote:As I recall, functional cloaking devices in the Star Wars Universe were two-way - they prevented anyone outside the device from seeing you, but they also prevented the person inside the device from seeing them...
Don't hurt me (I've been clean a little over a year now), but Mages in WoW can use Invisibility for brief periods of time, but the trade off is that their vision becomes limited. The whole world becomes hazy (the scanline/binoc effect Tom's been using in sims lately, perhaps?), and they can't see anything except the environment. (Maybe throw the same warped 'cloak' over other player models, and take away name tags?)

In my opinion, I think that's a very balanced trade. As opposed to actually using the Force Cloak to do so.

Ommar
Lost One

Post by Ommar »

Lol @ the foil cloak, Harry Potter haha
Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

Have the regeneration process be, if your not moving the cloaking bar regenerates if you start moving the bar goes down. Plus what Azra said.. that would be epic.