I'm proud

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Cookanaka
Lost One

I'm proud

Post by Cookanaka »

6 to 7 years ago, a young boy decided to play this weird game called Jedi Knight 2. He played through the single player and found a multi-player world that was destined to become his lively hood. While he played on some gaming circuits, he once found this server that had a big JEDI label on it. Intrigued, this boy joined in.

I decided to become Cooky the Wookiee and played around the map in nieve ways that was annoying. Soon I settled down into a roleplaying position and joined the ranks of the JEDI as Cookanaka (not the most creative name but I was 13.)

I made it to JEDI knight under Corinth Alkorda's training but only though death did I make it to that position. Never to play again after that.

The days on the server were so amazing. Fun to be someone else for hours on end, amazing to meet people from AROUND the world (I recall talking to a person from London about the Hurricane Katrina to grasp the worldly decadence a young boy could see), moving to learn lessons on life through a game (Corinth, I still recall a paper on Humility I had to write, it changed my life), and the wonderful people I encountered while playing the game.

I have no idea where the game's direction has gone. I would never join again sadly but I just wanted to say hello to all of you who still visit the boards and the game to this day. I am extremely proud that this group has become what it has become! Extremely proud.

This is Cookanaka saying hello and best wishes to all.

Thanks JEDI for everything.
Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

Hey Cook, good to hear from you again glad your still alright.
Caleb Quintilian
Lost One

Post by Caleb Quintilian »

Welcome home.
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Really good to hear from you, boy. I'm glad that things are still going well. It's good to see your furry face again.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Hal Raykin
Lost One

Post by Hal Raykin »

Thiiisss Guuuuy. Tri-Force.

by Gabe Alkorda
Ommar
Lost One

Post by Ommar »

His name was Tri-Force? Funny. I'm talking to Tri-Force on MSN right now. He's played since the game started and says he knows nothing about JEDI or Cook.

Suppose he's another Tri-Force. Heh.
Hal Raykin
Lost One

Post by Hal Raykin »

Gabe, Cook and I basically joined at the same time, or around the same time, we called ourselves the Tri-Force. It was silly. Corinth and Alk can attest to our sillyness.

by Gabe Alkorda
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Hal Raykin wrote:Thiiisss Guuuuy. Tri-Force.
Cook ftw. People towers? Anti-wookiee jokes? Drums and kilts and mormonland.

Stupid creek fever.

Tri-force 4ever.

EDIT // And *screw* Halo. I still hate it to this day and you're the reason why.