Can't load up JKA/RPMod

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Rash Loist
Lost One

Can't load up JKA/RPMod

Post by Rash Loist »

So recently I've gained some new parts for a new computer, I've reinstalled JKA and patched it installed RPMod and downloaded all the packs. When I attempt to load it up I see the RPMod splash but it freezes right then and there and then I get an error telling me the program had to close, yadda yadda.

Processor:
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory:
4096MB RAM
Hard Drive:
250 GB
Video Card:
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Operating System:
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Any help would be great.
Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

Tried running it as Administrator?

Right click -> properties. compatibility tab

Fane Ornn'ila - Jedi Knight
¦ Mentor: Kaelen Sekura ¦

Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

Fane Ornn'ila wrote:Tried running it as Administrator?

Right click -> properties. compatibility tab
First thing I did, it said to run it in Windows XP (Service Pack 2). I did that and I also tried running it as an admin.
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

What a coincidence...

This is the problem that had been preventing me from playing JKA for so long. Luckily for you...I found a solution for it...YESTERDAY. :-P

It's an issue with the way the driver for the ATI HD cards is written. I have one myself. The solution is messy, but simple: rename jamp.exe to quake3.exe , and it'll work fine. Remember to edit your shortcuts so that it launches quake3.exe instead of jamp.exe.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

Fixed, thanks Corinth. GRRR ATI
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Hmm I get this error from time to time, however, after 7-10 consistent tries, it eventually worked. Guess I'll see if this suggestion fixes mine too.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Jason Vi'Duo

Post by Jason Vi'Duo »

Yea, I used to get this error alot but i did find a solution for it, Which i believe is the suggestion Corinth had made.
rename jamp.exe to quake3.exe , and it'll work fine. Remember to edit your shortcuts so that it launches quake3.exe instead of jamp.exe.
That did the trick for me. Hope it works anyway.
| Name: ---- | Age: ----- | Gender: ------ | Species: ------- | Rank: None |
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

It did work, Jason. Please make sure to read a thread before posting, in the future. :-) Thanks.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Iverian Prey

Post by Iverian Prey »

I'm also gaining a new computer that runs that, I think. I can't quite recall. I ordered it some time ago.

But, good work, Cor.