Saber Style Survey

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Caleb Quintilian
Lost One

Saber Style Survey

Post by Caleb Quintilian »

In regards to the seven forms of Lightsaber Combat, what would you say your character is a practitioner of or is working on studying as the main element in their technique?

Doesn't have to be one of course.
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Alkur follows the philosophy of Niman and the principles of Jar'Kai.

Unfortunately no one really goes into a philosophical discussion about lightsaber forms, its just "I'm a guardian, so I use X" :roll:
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Tràkata and Makashi; experimenting with with the application of Makashi with two sabers.
Last edited by Delmi N'jork on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Well, I can't say what Illrian uses. He uses a style he was taught by his Farther, which he doesn't know what it was called. It's not any of the three forms he's gone over, so I really can't tell you yet :P
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Form VII isn't recognized in JEDI so we're left with Six.

Tomoran is Niman but he very rarely uses a lightsaber, as is hopefully apparent.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Tomoran wrote:Form VII isn't recognized in JEDI so we're left with Six.
If Form VII isn't recognized in JEDI, then why has Master Vigil herself mentioned it to me? Along with a few others Masters and the like have mentioned the seven different Forms of lightsaber combat, not including Form Zero.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Because the practice died out and I have been told in numerous instances that Form VII didn't exist anymore. Unless people mystically knew about the three or so people that practiced it before it ended I suppose it could still be around. A general opinion has been that it just isn't valid.

Not only that, but there is nobody in JEDI, now or ever, that would have used Form VII and believing you could roleplay it is a pipe dream.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Agata is never wrong!

I believe Vaapad is "off limits" much as the Yoda species is. The rarity is what made it special. If every other Joe Shmoe in JEDI practiced Vaapad, it would be lame.
Bendak

Post by Bendak »

Well, Form VII is also Juyo, which can be described more common, and doesn't qualify under Vaapad's rarity; Vaapad really died out with Mace Windu's death, from what I rembember.
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Lets nudge this topic back onto its original purpose, please.
Serris K'Ral
Lost One

Post by Serris K'Ral »

Serris is currently studying Shii-cho (like all new initiates/early padawans) but will most likely study Shii-cho and be a practitionar of it through-out his life, then whatever Ametha decides to teach me, most likely Soresu.

-
"Choosing inaction as a philosophy is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation" - Jedi Master Quell.
-
|age_20|birthdate_.15|race_Iktotchi|Homeworld_Bespin - New Cloud City |Mentor_Ametha Tasia, Kih Bu|
-

Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

Ataru has been my form since I was a senior Padawan, but as the war intensifies I'm reverting back to trying to master Soresu. It's more practical for the time.
Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

As most anyone who knows Az is aware, he's a solid practitioner of Makashi. He does however practice Soresu ocassionally to make up for a couple of Makashi's shortfalls.
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Nira'kalen'nuruodo
Lost One

Post by Nira'kalen'nuruodo »

Akalenn received training in Soresu, Ataru and Djem So/Shien as part of his study of Niman as a Padawan. His favoured form is Niman, although he draws on elements of Forms III and V as the situation requires.

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
|age_53|height_1.7m|weight_85kg|species_chiss|mentor_cyril.feraan|padawan_eugen.darkrider_nastajja.arren|

Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

Alkur Tekeil wrote:Agata is never wrong!

I believe Vaapad is "off limits" much as the Yoda species is. The rarity is what made it special. If every other Joe Shmoe in JEDI practiced Vaapad, it would be lame.

Just because we don't use it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist in our archives and history. So yes, what Alkur said.

By the way, you'll have to find out in the RP what my style/form is ;)

You can't choose what is right