Class Balance (Proposal 3 Page 10, Updated 288.22)

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Serris K'Ral wrote:Keep it the same, keep it simple, I like it how it is currently and don't see why we should bother changing it, since it really isn't that important and doesn't require a five page debate about it.
If you don't want to read this, you could always, you know, not click it.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Let's all calm down now, and just a reminder, none of these posts are a personal attack on the original poster of this thread, so this original poster should not feel compelled to personally assault each individual member who posts here with an anti-project opinion.

The entire purpose of this forum is to suggest, and comment on these suggestions. Some may like the suggestion, some dislike the suggestion and yet many others may not give a damn. All are entitled to post with their respective opinions.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

There is some big problem nobody here has mentioned yet. Bad side is, this problem may not let Proposal 1 work as expected.

But, opinions first! I like what Tomoran has done here. To all of you who think that if this ain't broke, so don't fix it... well, it's broke or otherwise we wouldn't be discussing this suggestion altogether. I find these classes taken to the extreme to be suitable to gameplay choices. If you consider that you want to specialize in hard saber combat, then guardian works for you. And viceversa. If you don't want specializations, then choose Sentinel. That simple.

After all, that's the way it should work, even. Want to specialize? Take a specialization. No? Then have a bit of both. If you complain that guardian is too hp based n' no force or that consular is too force-based n' no hp... then choose sentinel... (By the way, if this gets implemented, players should get a chance to change their class once more, shall they feel they need it)

Sentinel could work pretty well to those who think that they want to rp one side, yet not "lose character gameplay balance".

Okay, so now, as I stated in my first line, there is a huge problem to this first proposal. Even further, I believe that Soh can't do anything to fix it without the full game source code. Here it goes:

HP/Shield and Force *can't* go over 255 each.

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

I speak for myself when I say meh.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I say just keep it the way it is.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Ruluk wrote:HP/Shield and Force *can't* go over 255 each
Definitely can, well HP/Shield at least. MB2 PB The Incredible Wulk anyone? Lol.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

Yup. And no middle ground. i.e. guardians can't have 290 hp and consulars can't have 390 fp at their biggest levels.

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Ruluk wrote:Yup. And no middle ground. i.e. guardians can't have 290 hp and consulars can't have 390 fp at their biggest levels.
Ideas aren't numbers, numbers can be easily changed. If such a thing is true, it can easily be taken into consideration of the scaling/number systems I used.
Ametha Tasia wrote:Let's all calm down now, and just a reminder, none of these posts are a personal attack on the original poster of this thread, so this original poster should not feel compelled to personally assault each individual member who posts here with an anti-project opinion.

The entire purpose of this forum is to suggest, and comment on these suggestions. Some may like the suggestion, some dislike the suggestion and yet many others may not give a damn. All are entitled to post with their respective opinions.
If other people are free to come in here and say, "This doesn't need to happen" then I feel I am free to say, "Alright, then get out while I talk to those who think it's an alright idea."

Also, continuing to frame this as personal is silly. I don't have anything personal against anybody posting here. If we're all entitled to post with our respective opinions, why are you scolding me for expressing mine more than once now?

Metamodding is silly and this thread is going about fine. It's a thread about balance and it's a discussion about the balance of the system as it exists and by proxy a discussion of how people choose to implement that system in their characters and JEDI experience.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

You can't deny though, that hp and fp numbers are important for balancing the classes. Can it be adapted? Of course. I'm just pointing out that you may have to change other values in order to do it. As I said above, anyways, I do support that first proposal so far.

Oh, and by the way, what have you thought on the suggestions given by Sahio Xekma? Some of them seem quite interesting and I hadn't heard of them before.

Cynthia
Lost One

Post by Cynthia »

HP and FP levels are too low for consulars. If anything a very minor adjustment to the force power unlocks for consulars would be nice. And give the guardians a chance for more fp, just a little bit though.
I would still like a personalized class system, but nobody seems to want it. Anyway I do not support this at all. I think the system is not broken, just could use a few small adjustments.

And I don't get why people are getting into a petty forum war over this. We all have our opinions and let's try not to make any rude comments to other members directly please :)
Sai Akiada
Lost One

Post by Sai Akiada »

Tomoran wrote:
Ametha Tasia wrote:Let's all calm down now, and just a reminder, none of these posts are a personal attack on the original poster of this thread, so this original poster should not feel compelled to personally assault each individual member who posts here with an anti-project opinion.

If other people are free to come in here and say, "This doesn't need to happen" then I feel I am free to say, "Alright, then get out while I talk to those who think it's an alright idea."

Also, continuing to frame this as personal is silly. I don't have anything personal against anybody posting here. If we're all entitled to post with our respective opinions, why are you scolding me for expressing mine more than once now?

Metamodding is silly and this thread is going about fine. It's a thread about balance and it's a discussion about the balance of the system as it exists and by proxy a discussion of how people choose to implement that system in their characters and JEDI experience.
I agree with Ametha here. What you are basically saying is, "Everyone is entitled to their opinion so long as it doesn't contradict yours." You are asking people to stay out of the conversation if they disagree with your proposal.. Considering this topic was supposed to be about balancing a system, you are hardly being balanced by asking those not in favour not to contribute further.

As for your first concept, I'm not sure I would approve. I personally say do away with consular/Guardian/Sentinel and have a single rank called Jedi. Then allow people to customise their character through RP and what they spend their XP on. By doing away with the current system, everyone will be the same at the core and their RP will be what defines them. Buuuuut, that's just me and it's only a suggestion. Feel free to approve, feel free to shoot it down or feel free to do nothing.. /shrug

| Age_50's | Race_Human | Padawan_Zeak Dystiny, Des Anaro, Zuri Lyn |

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Either leave it as is or give Consulars a little more HP and Guardians a little more FP.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Maloush
Lost One

Post by Maloush »

Delmi wrote:Either leave it as is or give Consulars a little more HP and Guardians a little more FP.
And call it a day.

| age_44 | height_1.80m | weight_81.65g | race_rodian | mentor_martis.alguien | padawan_sarran.kuo/delmi.n'jork/caleb.quintilian|

((Alt. Character Skin))

Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Not to sound entirely rude, but I haven't been following this topic at all until now, and trying to read over these 6 pages of posts where it seems at least every other post is either huge, or just has no real benefit to the idea is a pain and I don't really feel like doing it.

So, perhaps someone could explain to me just what is wrong with the current way the system works? As far as I know, it's been doing good for ::JEDI:: since it was created, and I can only personally see two things I agree with. Consulars should be allowed a little more HP/SP, as most Consulars still practice their saber arts. Guardians should be allowed a little more FP, because they still practice their Force techniques.

Zeak is a prime example of a Consular that practices saber arts almost as much as his Force, from what I've seen. I'd say Delmi is a decent example for a Guardian that practices heavily in his Force technique as well. So the more HP/SP for Consulars and FP for Guardians I agree with, but from what I've seen thus far... I don't agree with anything else. As I said, the current system seems to be working just fine, and if something is working just fine... don't change it. Because a lot of times when you change something that's working fine, you tend to screw it all to hell and back again. This is personal experience talking ;)
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

I really can't understand what people want when they ask for more fp for guardians and hp for consulars. The full point of these classes is to specialize your character. If you don't want to specialize him, then simply pick sentinel. You can perfectly choose sentinel and call yourself saber-inclined. After all, we've all been taught that classes are only nominal and they shouldn't define your character. Zeak and Delmi... are proof that classes just don't define you.

However, gameplay wise, what these classes offer is advantage to that which you think you're best in. Giving hp to consulars and fp to guardians is like creating three sentinels... what's the point in that? I'd prefer a "Jedi" class as Sai tells, in that case. Instead, give the guardian gameplay class what it's meant to be... give them that which makes them "tanks". Same would go for Consulars.

Now, with this change (hypothetically) being applied, people would complain that the class they chose long ago just gives them a headache now when it worked well before. That's why I said in my first post on this page that people should get the opportunity to re-change classes if the new system is implemented.

As I say again, if you want to be a "consular" but have saber skills as well... gameplay wise, you're asking for a sentinel.