Character Flaws

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Garik Kelzim wrote:Why Garik?
I believe that question is obvious.. Garik was Tomoran's first Padawan, and when Garik left to learn Telekinesis under someone else on Coruscant, IC-wise Tomoran might have felt he failed you as a Master to teach you what you wanted to know.. that's my take on it.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Pretty much.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

Tomoran wrote:Flaws

-Blames self for the fate of others (Yulia Cera)
You blame yourself for Yulia going to Coruscant? o.O
| age_22 | height_2.6m | weight_125kg | race_human | mentor_simus.cnydaria
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

I don't suppose you were around for the three years of vigorous attempts to counsel Yulia and gain a more positive approach about her training. She spent the majority of her time talking about being isolated from her peers, being looked down at by mentors, feeling uncertain of particular lessons, etc. etc.

Any character listed in the list of people Tomoran felt responsible for (aside from Younglings #1 and #2, who only made the errors of getting shot) were people he had long-standing relationships with and an active investment in their betterment who, whether by his fault or not, chose to go in a different direction, leaving him feeling a sense of failure.

Aside from his Master, who died and there was nothing he could do about it. But he feels guilty about it anyway because that's kind of his shtick.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Yeah, Tomoran the shtick in the mud.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Look at this goy.
Cynthia
Lost One

Post by Cynthia »

Why not allow people to find out icly? Even if our characters won't admit it, it should still be somewhat obvious.

This thread is unneeded.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Cynthia wrote:Why not allow people to find out icly? Even if our characters won't admit it, it should still be somewhat obvious.

This thread is unneeded.
Don't want to know?

Don't read it then.

Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

The knowledge of the player and the knowledge of the character are separate. People want to talk to me about their character? I find that interesting. There's no issue with this. Our CHARACTERS find out ICly. The knowledge that the PLAYERS have has no bearing on such things.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Tomoran wrote:The knowledge that the PLAYERS have has no bearing on such things.
In theory but rarely in practice.

The less people know OOC, the less likely they're going to set up a script to deliberately address issues their character would have no clue (or interest) about otherwise.

Example:

Person A just finds out OOC that Person B's RP parents were killed by a Jedi.
Next time they are on the server, Person A asks Person B:
"So! Tell me about your parents!"

This kind of obvious scripted bait-and-trap role play is common when you know things as the player but not as the character. It's not always deliberate, some times it's subconscious.

I can understand why folks don't like these discussions. But I'll just not bother reading to save negative effects on my own RP.

Simple! :)

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Imil C. Ucindus
Lost One

Post by Imil C. Ucindus »

Amoné Fayden wrote:
Tomoran wrote:The knowledge that the PLAYERS have has no bearing on such things.
In theory but rarely in practice.

The less people know OOC, the less likely they're going to set up a script to deliberately address issues their character would have no clue (or interest) about otherwise.

Example:

Person A just finds out OOC that Person B's RP parents were killed by a Jedi.
Next time they are on the server, Person A asks Person B:
"So! Tell me about your parents!"

This kind of obvious scripted bait-and-trap role play is common when you know things as the player but not as the character. It's not always deliberate, some times it's subconscious.

I can understand why folks don't like these discussions. But I'll just not bother reading to save negative effects on my own RP.

Simple! :)
Only thing I want to know is who has a problem with this kind of thing? Wouldn't "So! Tell me about your parents" be adding something to the rp. Who cares if he/she had OOC motive. Aslong as it's done correctly through rp, I would encourage it.
I believe in myself. Do you believe in me?
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

In addition, you can always just decline to share that information in character.

"I don't know you well enough to get into that."

Etc.

I don't talk to random coworkers about all of the facets of my life.
Aurien Uriah
Lost One

Post by Aurien Uriah »

Aurien as of now:

Aurien is cocky, in that he considers himself very good looking. He has light OCD, extreme when he's nervous or stressed, and is somewhat of a perfectionist when it comes to training. Whether it be Force training or Lightsaber training.

Anything else, you'll have to find out yourself.
"...Yeah, we do need better brand awareness."

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

It's probably well known already, but never the less..

Illrian feels overly confident with his lightsaber arts. While he knows he has much to still learn, he feels that what he already knows makes him better then he truly is. Sometimes he may also act with such pride in that area because of his feelings.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Imil C. Ucindus
Lost One

Post by Imil C. Ucindus »

One thing about Imil is his interest changes rapidly. When he first came to the Yavin temple he was committed to his fathers Hapan fighting drills. He loved to fight hand-to-hand with his peers. After being initiated he began to drop that interest considerably and moved onto Lightsaber combat. This lasted until his early teens. This is a flaw because he doesn't quite juggle his training correctly. I'm not going to say what his pursuits are now. :P
I believe in myself. Do you believe in me?