Character Flaws

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

Baelin is extremely confident with his ability of Seeing with the Force. He is a wild and wacky personality, and enjoys inventing new things. Recently he has developed a far more respectful nature and holds alot more things in the reverence they deserve.

Baelin's biggest weakness is his lightsaber arts, although he's getting better. He prefers Makashi as a stance. He's very skilled in programming, hacking, and anything technical.

He also has a mohawk.
| age_22 | height_2.6m | weight_125kg | race_human | mentor_simus.cnydaria
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

All I read is a butt load of good role playing being washed down the drain.

I can understand a brief outline of flaws and/or strengths, but to detail them completely removes the point of role playing, methinks. Sharing virgin character development for the first time is much more gratifying than sharing it for the first time in character.
Meta-gaming talk about character development should be done POST role playing.
Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

Sebastin Creed wrote:
Don't want to know?

Don't read it then.
| age_22 | height_2.6m | weight_125kg | race_human | mentor_simus.cnydaria
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Funny thing, that.

Considering I didn't say I didn't want to know. Or that I took a personal issue with it.
Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

The Metagaming meter just exploded because of this thread.
Imil C. Ucindus
Lost One

Post by Imil C. Ucindus »

I can actually agree but what I explained with Imil was evident to most anyway. And we hardly get to know anything about new people anyway what with the grouping pattern. We stick to those we already know a good deal about. So I can understand why this thread was made, even if it wasn't the best idea.
I believe in myself. Do you believe in me?
Aurien Uriah
Lost One

Post by Aurien Uriah »

Not everyone in JEDI are awesome role players like Evan. So I think the thread is a good idea. I'm not going to argue that we should be interacting in game rather than posting here, but this thread may inspire other players to approach their character and other characters differently.
"...Yeah, we do need better brand awareness."

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Aurien Uriah wrote:Not everyone in JEDI are awesome role players sarcasm like Evan. So I think the thread is a good idea.
I believe having a thread such as this is quite smart. No, we shouldn't list every flaw or strength our character has, which is why I didn't. I more pointed out the obvious things about Illrian, because they are just that.. somewhat obvious, if paid attention to.

I do not agree with seeing.. what was it.. oh yes.. good role playing being washed down the drain.
On the contrary, I believe this thread is quite smart. It somewhat helps to let everyone get to know each other a bit more, and I believe it's also been stated many times in many places that JEDI isn't just a Server RP community, which is why we have so many threads that we talk in our RP perspectives. Having this thread I believe only helps add to the RP in general.

If you can't deal with it, then don't bother posting. I don't believe anyone should go posting "all I see is role playing going down the drain" as that doesn't do anything for or against the Role Playing. You want to not see good role playing vanish? Then do things to help.. not go against everything.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Sai Akiada
Lost One

Post by Sai Akiada »

I'm not against such threads personally, but given the option I would much rather discover these things along the way within the RP. There is such a thing as too much information. You run the risk of prematurely tainting peoples opinions of your character because they've previously read details about you and its lodged itself in the back of their minds. So be careful when posting. I'd personally advise posting things we 'should know' instead of future directions you plan to take.
Like I said though, to each their own. But as the big man says below, be careful you don't Metagame.
Rash Loist wrote:The Metagaming meter just exploded because of this thread.

| Age_50's | Race_Human | Padawan_Zeak Dystiny, Des Anaro, Zuri Lyn |

Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

I think my biography says just as much about my character and it isn't anything that people see ICly.

So, I still don't mind sharing stuff like this.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

If you want this thread to live, we should probably get back to its purpose. Just sayin' :P
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Aurien Uriah
Lost One

Post by Aurien Uriah »

Sai Akiada wrote:I'm not against such threads personally, but given the option I would much rather discover these things along the way within the RP. There is such a thing as too much information. You run the risk of prematurely tainting peoples opinions of your character because they've previously read details about you and its lodged itself in the back of their minds. So be careful when posting. I'd personally advise posting things we 'should know' instead of future directions you plan to take.
Like I said though, to each their own. But as the big man says below, be careful you don't Metagame.
I disagree. I believe threads like this help -fight- prejudice. For whatever reason folks sometimes take what happens in character personal. I think that issue should be addressed as well.

Don't hate the Playa' hate the game.

"...Yeah, we do need better brand awareness."

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Mortael Toronous

Post by Mortael Toronous »

Aurien Uriah wrote:
Sai Akiada wrote:I'm not against such threads personally, but given the option I would much rather discover these things along the way within the RP. There is such a thing as too much information. You run the risk of prematurely tainting peoples opinions of your character because they've previously read details about you and its lodged itself in the back of their minds. So be careful when posting. I'd personally advise posting things we 'should know' instead of future directions you plan to take.
I disagree. I believe threads like this help -fight- prejudice. For whatever reason folks sometimes take what happens in character personal. I think that issue should be addressed as well.

Don't hate the Playa' hate the game.

Partially, the point of this thread was to help enable me and some others to imagine what you're character is like - to picture him/her, but not to see the flaws/strengths immediately; but to see into their eyes to know that something is wrong. No, I'm not saying "oh, in game I'd best talk to them because in RP I could just say that there is something on their mind." - No! Simply, I just wanted to get a feel of the dynamic RP and to recognise differences. Also, yes it can combat prejudice because a lot of people could come to believe 'This is definitely them, they act rude so they're horrible.' - When really they're just acting. It can also benefit me/others in understanding how to develop a character a lot more. Besides, I have never meta-gamed in an RP community (as far as I know) and I do *not* intend to. Look at the people posting, they're not new to the entire concept of Role Play, they understand the rules. Finally, this was only meant to be beneficial, like I said. I'm sorry for the semi-rant, but I think that some people can take it a little overboard (understandable) and I wanted to get my message across (I'm not usually a horrible person! Or at least I think I'm not... !!! Hurrah! Yes. Hmm. Meh.)
| Name: Mortael Toronous | Age: 5| Date of Birth: --.19 Gender: Male | Species: Near-Human | Rank: None | Homeworld: Dantooine

Skin used: N/A
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Tell you what then,

Let's all take a step back and leave the thread to cool down (or lock and remove it, whatever). Then, let's try at least do the job in server and RP. Personally, I don't think I have reveal anything too detailed about Sebastin or where he is going but I thought I would share some of the changes he went through as a young Padawan, just to give some *insight* if you can call it that.

I really didn't want everyone to list their flaws as such hehe, but otherwise, it's good to see people are taking this into account. Now get out there, and apply what you have learned/said/decided.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

Sebastin Creed wrote:Well, you should have applied more strengths - like the ability to learn from ones mistakes! :wink:

and also how to take a joke, philidelphia.
If and when I reapply, I will make you regret that lol.