(( The Attrition Wars Finale: Announcement & Question ))

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

(( The Attrition Wars Finale: Announcement & Question ))

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Hello everyone,

As the title suggests, we are nearing the end of this current arc and looking to finally draw the curtains in an epic closing to the war, then transition in a long progressive quiet period before looking towards the future with something new.

No details of the contents will be given out at this time regarding said events.

With that said, there has been an idea I've been floating around but to pull this off it requires participants through out. So, below I have detailed some of the ideas to bring this to a close...

Weekend Marathon: (i.e Friday + Saturday, Saturday + Sunday)

[Class instructors will be/ or have already been informed]

Basically with this idea I will be looking to run a double header weekend with the climactic ending happening on the 2nd day. This will come with a time table of possibly 2-3 missions per day for two days straight which I will be trying to run myself and with possible help, but I plan to take time off to attend and execute them all and ensure it's done perfectly.
Split Finale: (i.e Monday + Saturday, Tuesday + Friday)

This will have one week day and one week end day, spliting the finale during one consecutive week. This might appeal more to those who can dedicate one weekend day and one week day, with school, work and plans taken into account.
With that said though, this will not happen until 2-3 (possibly more) months away - of course I know it's extreme to discuss now but I want to gauge interest in this sort of thing, would be possible to pull off?

Would people be happy to attend such an occassion as this dedicating that length of time to JEDI events? Could you dedicate two days straight to this sort of thing (with few hour breaks given in between of course, I'm not a machine!)

Sure, it's big and long but I plan to have everyone featured where possible and include as many people in each event. However, certain missions may be capped for attendence to save on excessive amounts of people on at one time (to save lag) but the majority of you will be able to sign up - and there will be multiple sign up sheets which I may or may not allow Hopefuls to participate in (also JEDI members have priority).

Mock Timetable:
-- Friday -----------------Saturday --

M1: 1200 - 1400 --- M1: 1300-1500

M2: 1700 - 1900 --- M2: 1800-2100

M3: 2100 - Close --- End: On going
Obviously this is subject to change, but this is the sort of layout I would be looking to do - given permission, approval and a good sign that attendance would be high of course.

All planning will be done and sealed before execution, so the prep should take minimum amount of time simply filling in the participants of their roles.

So, with that said please let me know your thoughts, concerns, approval, anything you think about to the two possible ideas and also let me know which one most appeals to you, if you can commit to such a large event.

This will be the big closing of the War, the missions will be spread out across the days selected (Morning, Afternoon, Evening) depending on what's confirmed by the EC board. Sign up sheets will be divided up into allocated time slots for you to consider and, hopefully, sign up and take part in multiple ones. Once we confirm how we will execute this plan, things will begin moving and we close the curtains on this long long war.

Regards,
Sebastin Creed, Jedi Knight

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Either way's fine for me. It should be fun!
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Well I have school Saturday mornings and won't be home till roughly 1515 .. but besides my school thing, I don't have an issue with any of these!
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Alara
Lost One

Post by Alara »

All's good for me.
Xfire= alarajka

The sands are frantic
In the hourglass. But there is time
To change, to utterly destroy
That too-familiar image
Lurking in the glass.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

I would (if possible) be willing make myself available to help put the current arc to bed. Several missions in a row will help produce the momentum required for the Finale. Splitting final missions across weeks could result in people losing that built-up energy and becomming uninterested.

My only suggestion is that these missions are arranged, plotted, directed and rehearsed (if it's a scripted event) Before calling on people for prep on the final nights to save hours of waiting and watching a black screen as this often takes the wind out of people's sails. Can't have that happening when something is meant to be climactic!

I'll be willing to help on Friday, Saturday, Sunday (though not late on Sunday). During the week I will be working and might not be able to dedicate the long nights required for missions.

This is a good thread Sebastin.
Because of the magnitude of the last missions, it would be wise to keep a thread like this updated as you near those final preperations.

Good luck EC's!

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Amoné Fayden wrote:My only suggestion is that these missions are arranged, plotted, directed and rehearsed (if it's a scripted event) Before calling on people for prep on the final nights to save hours of waiting and watching a black screen as this often takes the wind out of people's sails. Can't have that happening when something is meant to be climactic!
Now this is words of truth.
If we're to be working towards the Finale once and for all, we don't want it to be all chaotic and unorganized, nor do we want people to sit in spectator forever while we determine what we're going to do. So getting everything setup in enough advanced time as possible would be ideal. That way, those participating (not the main Jedi roles) can come just a little early, prepare themselves, then we can begin.
aayla vigil |
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

I'm in for whatever :))
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

I'm in for what ever as well. It's a big project to take on if it's going to work well.

My only concern would be quality assurance in relation to the size of the event. It would be a shame to see all these epic skirmishes and heavy plot missions that have already been done for the war to get over shadowed with a thin ending. However! I do like this idea and I think with good planing it can be done really well.

Not to mention classes getting missed which I thought was a rather large concern to the majority..
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Sasha Raven wrote:Not to mention classes getting missed which I thought was a rather large concern to the majority..
Me personally.. I'll gladly miss classes a few days if this means that the Attrition Wars will finally be over with. The war be done. It's gone on for nearing a year now.. it's becoming exhausted :P It needs to end!
aayla vigil |
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Of course, hence my 2-3 month waiting period, so I can write, confirm, prepare and practise the events to have them run smoothly one after the other.

I'll probably be doing more CFGs than I have ever done before (like I did for Dacs space battle).

So all of that will be taken into consideration.

Also, I will do updates as we go as well with this once I settle on how we will run this.

EDIT: and don't worry, quality is my middle name. It will have 'some' scripted sections, plenty of success and failures with consequences. It will be mulled over for as long as it takes to ensure I'm happy this will end with us all sitting together on a sever as a clan smiling saying - now thats how we end a war.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

It's gone on for nearing a year now..
Holy cow!
Of course, hence my 2-3 month waiting period, so I can write, confirm, prepare and practise the events to have them run smoothly one after the other.
Well you seem to have a pretty clear scope and idea of what you want. Really looking forward to what happens. As many have pointed out this war needs to end. Hope we win. :lol:
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Sasha Raven wrote:I'm in for what ever as well. It's a big project to take on if it's going to work well.
Don't worry, most people know I'm a perfectionist but this time I aim to have the set up process perfected for minimal down time.

Effectively what it means is, that while everyone is away having a few hour break to come back for Mission number 2 or 3, I'll be working on it.

you want something done right, you do it yourself! the EC board will be working on it hard and plus, since there will be some heavy acting needed some of us will get time to mull over that too during preparation.

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
Lost One

Post by Nira'kalen'nuruodo »

I'd prefer the split finale, personally.

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
|age_53|height_1.7m|weight_85kg|species_chiss|mentor_cyril.feraan|padawan_eugen.darkrider_nastajja.arren|

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Nira'kalen'nuruodo wrote:I'd prefer the split finale, personally.
Okay Nira, any particular reason?

I'm just checking if its a dates/days issue so I can work you in some place encase I have to go with the majority or if you feel it's just too much I will take that into consideration also of course.

Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Can't we like do this in the easter holidays when activity should possibly be up virtually all the time?

Because most of those times are late to me :o.

If we did this during the holidays (Which start around the next week or two for most people) it would be alot easier to attend because the event could be held during the day rather than late in the evening (In British terms)