(( The Attrition Wars Finale: Announcement & Question ))

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Sebastin Creed wrote:
Nira'kalen'nuruodo wrote:I'd prefer the split finale, personally.
Okay Nira, any particular reason?
Well, I know the split would better work for me because then if we did say the Tuesday/Friday one, then I would be able to make both days fully, instead of having to worry about it at all. Since, as I said in that schedule topic, got school Wednesday/Thursday evening and Saturday morning.
Elu Dako wrote:If we did this during the holidays (Which start around the next week or two for most people) it would be alot easier to attend because the event could be held during the day rather than late in the evening (In British terms)
The issue with this is the finale isn't planned to happen in 1-2 weeks, is it? o.O
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Nira'kalen'nuruodo
Lost One

Post by Nira'kalen'nuruodo »

I can only guarantee that I'll have evenings free, which would mean I'd probably only be able to make one mission per day.

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
|age_53|height_1.7m|weight_85kg|species_chiss|mentor_cyril.feraan|padawan_eugen.darkrider_nastajja.arren|

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Nira'kalen'nuruodo wrote:I can only guarantee that I'll have evenings free, which would mean I'd probably only be able to make one mission per day.
Okay, well I can work that you in some where I am certain. I'll keep you posted though once I make a decision on what's best for the majority.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Illrian Damaris wrote:
Sebastin Creed wrote:
Nira'kalen'nuruodo wrote:I'd prefer the split finale, personally.
Okay Nira, any particular reason?
Well, I know the split would better work for me because then if we did say the Tuesday/Friday one, then I would be able to make both days fully, instead of having to worry about it at all. Since, as I said in that schedule topic, got school Wednesday/Thursday evening and Saturday morning.
Yeah already noted that one, Buddy. :lol:

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

Splitting it up might work a lot better. Even if split, it's a lot of time for everyone to dedicate on both ends. Totally worth it but still a lot of time as I'm sure everyone understands.

I'm just thinking, will the numbers be there if it isn't hashed out at once? :shock:
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Elu Dako wrote:Can't we like do this in the easter holidays when activity should possibly be up virtually all the time?

Because most of those times are late to me :o.

If we did this during the holidays (Which start around the next week or two for most people) it would be alot easier to attend because the event could be held during the day rather than late in the evening (In British terms)
Too soon, not even close to ready to launching this.

Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Ah, thanks for clearing my confusion, Master Creed.

I appreciate that.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Sasha Raven wrote:Splitting it up might work a lot better. Even if split, it's a lot of time for everyone to dedicate on both ends. Totally worth it but still a lot of time as I'm sure everyone understands.

I'm just thinking, will the numbers be there if it isn't hashed out at once? :shock:
That's the idea behind asking, to find out how many are wanting a weekend or week day.

I know for a fact that I am going to have to take a couple of my work holidays to do this, which as sad it may look, I'm quite happy to do!

also, there are other things I might do during running this (taking some time off).

I know a split might make it more easy on my psyche, but I'm doing it either way just need to figure out which will provide the most attendence and taking into consideration my other thread about times where I will place the members for roles/parts.

Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

I just think server population speaks for itself. Weekends are, for the most part, Mobbed. Whereas weekdays see only a handful of the usual suspects on at short, sporadic times. (Usually for classes)

With the exclusion of people like Illrian or any others who have a day of the weekend with something on, the majority of people can stay up late at the weekend and we all know how long missions go on for, even when not intended. The worst thing that could happen is people saying "g2g bye" just before the end, or there only being 3 or 4 people around to actually witness the finale.

Also! If the mission is split, this prevents Actors from returning to the Academy during the missions as their characters so we'll see a hit in server activity between these split missions.

There is also the issue of forgetting what exactly happened in the last mission, how it ended, where it ended etc. Trying to get back into the exact same tense mindframe four days or so after the previous mission might be difficult for some. If it were an ordinary "go here, kill chiss / mandalorians" mission, i'd say split it. But if this is the end, then I say go the whole 9 yards and have a marathon.

However with all that said, I think what you are doing is right - go with the majority vote.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Cynthia
Lost One

Post by Cynthia »

I will probably be there on saturday, maybe on m2 sunday. Most likely will not be there on friday.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Cynthia wrote:I will probably be there on saturday, maybe on m2 sunday. Most likely will not be there on friday.
Noted, if you haven't put up your 'possible' playing time on my other thread if you could do that for me, it would be a great help to try place you in.

Also, you will need to discuss this with Aslyn as well regarding the character Cynthia. However, please be aware that the 'mock timetable' is not certain. There have already been changes done and I forsee a lot more coming, but as we progress I will update you all.

Cynthia
Lost One

Post by Cynthia »

Sebastin Creed wrote:Also, you will need to discuss this with Aslyn as well regarding the character Cynthia. .
I'm sorry, but I do not understand what you mean?
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I'd prefer spit.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Sorry,

You will need to speak with Aslyn, about Cynthia being sent on an assignment. I'm looking at everyone thats signed up but also people that might get 'drafted' into it (I want to give everyone a shot) but we obviously have to keep this realistic in terms of character.

So, what I mean is if you wish to attend as Cynthia you need Aslyns permission. However, I'm more than happy for you to take on other roles as well if and when your available :D

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Delmi wrote:I'd prefer spit.
:shock: what you trying to say!?

:lol: noted.