Imma back!

Discussions which are Out of Character.
abahnur

Imma back!

Post by abahnur »

hy guys, I believe none of you remember me, now i returned, and shall be role playing with you guys.

But first I Have to ask some things.

First
: I need some help with modelling, if not with the skinning. If i get initiated i want to make Male Togruta from cybernetic maul
(http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/C ... Maul;78858)

and from shak ti 's lower part.

that's all for now, any help or instructions?
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Yes, don't make it. That is downright terrifying.

I'd shop around for bodies. You get props for not defaulting to a hapslash body though. There's other good bodies to be used that haven't seen the light of day around these parts yet. The head will likely be an augmented Shak Ti lekku set on top of...you know...whatever.
Last edited by Sared Kilvan on Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Sared Kilvan wrote:Yes, don't make it. That is downright terrifying.
Can't agree more.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

If i get initiated
Sorry to be blunt, but how about we wait until that happens before anyone discusses modelling or skinning work? I'm afraid those of us that do this work have lost quite a few man hours doing work for people who then leave or don't stay around to be initiated.

So, by all means welcome, but I really wouldn't advise soliciting modelling/skinning work until you're part of the clan. It only suggests that you're more interested in the model than the RP, and that's not a good thing.
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Aslyn wrote:
If i get initiated
Sorry to be blunt, but how about we wait until that happens before anyone discusses modelling or skinning work? I'm afraid those of us that do this work have lost quite a few man hours doing work for people who then leave or don't stay around to be initiated.

So, by all means welcome, but I really wouldn't advise soliciting modelling/skinning work until you're part of the clan. It only suggests that you're more interested in the model than the RP, and that's not a good thing.
This.

To put it nicely; several modelers/riggers/skinners have gotten burned in the past by just such actions. Noble as they may be, it's not healthy course of action.

To put it not so nicely; I used jedi_hm/head_b1|torso_a1|lower_b1 for a good month or two of active role-playing before I opted to use a custom skin. JEDI* is more interested in you presenting a well thought-out character, with depth and complexity and (most importantly) character, than it is in seeing a pretty face. Show those, present your character as best you can in an interesting, intriguing way, and those with the ability will flock to you to help with a custom skin/model.

See you on the server!

*This statement does not directly reflect on the views held by the staff and administration of this website, but hey, it's probably true!

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

What Sared said exactly.

Myself being one of the riggers for the community, I am extremely weary of a Hopeful requesting a model; most of the time I decline. So, show some interest and activity in JEDI for a sizable amount of time and then maybe, just maybe, someone will consider it.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Delmi wrote:Myself being one of the riggers for the community, I am extremely weary of a Hopeful requesting a model; most of the time I decline.
I have to agree with Delmi here, with exactly what he wrote.
Now, don't let this deter you from JEDI, because the model isn't what makes you who you are, that's your job. I surely hope you have a wonderful time during your stay and hope to see you more often, and should you get Initiated, I'm sure we can look at the model option again :)
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Delmi declines making me a totally awesome model anyways.

But welcome back and hope to RP with you soon.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Alright chaps,

Let's cease this modeler lovefest and back patting as the points we made and once is enough. Though I do encourage the earlier statement about not letting this thread deter you from continuing to promote yourself around the community, but within the server grounds.

Just so it's clear and final, I made a nice wee timeline for you. :D

Say Hello > Join Server > RP > Post Application To Council Account > Join Server Again > RP Some More > Repeat Multiple Times (not the application part) > Initiation > JEDI Tags > More Chance Of Getting New Model

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

abahnur

Post by abahnur »

Illrian Damaris wrote:
Delmi wrote:Myself being one of the riggers for the community, I am extremely weary of a Hopeful requesting a model; most of the time I decline.
I have to agree with Delmi here, with exactly what he wrote.
Now, don't let this deter you from JEDI, because the model isn't what makes you who you are, that's your job. I surely hope you have a wonderful time during your stay and hope to see you more often, and should you get Initiated, I'm sure we can look at the model option again :)

hoho! chill out guys XD i just said when i get initiated, and i probably stay here, as my other community dies every two or three month, and it's terrifying to me. I still Rp with youngshak ti's model for now, as my character is not older than 7. then i ask around, as some of you told me when i first got here.

and a last note.

I really like this community because it's mature and actually helps out others, they answer for questions and such, when i get my monitor and set up my pc, (as i traveled from eu to usa (Seattle) ) and I'll be an active member in some way :) hope to see you guys around.
abahnur

Post by abahnur »

duble post oh soz.
Sebastin Creed wrote:Alright chaps,

Let's cease this modeler lovefest and back patting as the points we made and once is enough. Though I do encourage the earlier statement about not letting this thread deter you from continuing to promote yourself around the community, but within the server grounds.

Just so it's clear and final, I made a nice wee timeline for you. :D

Say Hello > Join Server > RP > Post Application To Council Account > Join Server Again > RP Some More > Repeat Multiple Times (not the application part) > Initiation > JEDI Tags > More Chance Of Getting New Model
I have problems with the application par anyway, i did posted a good one (in my eyes) but some of you said that, naah just try again rawr.

well I try my best, but i have to let you know, that my English is really bad, i never learned it anywhere, just trough games, as my second language is dutch.

EDIT: and by the way, i have a lot of things in my mind, i just need someone to let me know how to create a model, and if i get stuck with it THEN i will ask for help, or someone to make it for me just to be clear :3 anyway, see you guys soon.
Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

bit off topic but still; If you need any help due to language issues hit me up on MSN, I'm Dutch.

Fane Ornn'ila - Jedi Knight
¦ Mentor: Kaelen Sekura ¦

abahnur

Post by abahnur »

Fane Ornn'ila wrote:bit off topic but still; If you need any help due to language issues hit me up on MSN, I'm Dutch.

that's cool , even if i had like B on my dutch, i hated it, so i hope i can fix my things :( but thanks for the advice man, i really appreciate it.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

That goes for all of us: if you need a hand with your application, just holler. We usually provide regular feedback anyway, via the Council, but nobody's gonna complain if you genuinely feel you need help.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

EDIT// Forget that, figured it out. :P
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri