Young Twilek Model

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Ellana

Post by Ellana »

Thank you :)

And while I'm posting here, after rping earlier today I got back on the server and it will just freeze every 5-6 seconds or so for a second or two, consistently. I restarted JKA, my computer and my wireless router and it is still bad. These freezes do not have a connection interrupted notice, and I do not think I'm 999ing (though not positive about that)

So does anybody have any ideas on how I should fix it? I usually run jka perfectly on the highest settings.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Most likely that's server side. Happens to me sometimes too.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

Delmi wrote:Most likely that's server side. Happens to me sometimes too.
She asked that question in the server, it's not a server side issue that much I can confirm.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I get little second blips of lag from the server, I wouldn't be surprised if others experienced it as well.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

The server has lag spikes, but they register as lag, giving the connection interrupted notice.

Perhaps graphical?
Ellana

Post by Ellana »

There is no connetion interupted notification, it jus freezes, very often too.

As far as I know i did't dowload anything in the game folders beteen earlier today and when it started occuring.
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

If you use the lagometer command... I think it's cg_lagometer 1 you can tell whether the spikes are sever or client side. Let us know what you discover or if that command doesn't work out for you!
Serris K'Ral
Lost One

Post by Serris K'Ral »

Sadface. Was hoping to see a green twi'lek instead of a Rutian but oh well, welcome to teh server :P

-
"Choosing inaction as a philosophy is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation" - Jedi Master Quell.
-
|age_20|birthdate_.15|race_Iktotchi|Homeworld_Bespin - New Cloud City |Mentor_Ametha Tasia, Kih Bu|
-

Ellana

Post by Ellana »

Actually I didn't know that her color would be considered Rutian (I thought it only included turquoise-like colors).

The lags spikes are definitely client-side. I tied the lagometer on only the green line (which I suppose is the client) spiked. It would happen more often when I would walk, but regardless I'd get frequent freezes.

I'm starting to wonder if it was like earlier yesterday and just didn't notice it.
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Are you uploading or downloading anything when it happens?
Ellana

Post by Ellana »

Nope, I pretty much ended every non-neccesarry process before I'd play.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Do you have the option where it automatically updates all the skins when someone switches them? (the name of the option escapes me).

Also, perhaps fiddle with some of the snyc'ing options and resolutions?

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Ellana

Post by Ellana »

Nope I don't have that enabled. I went on the server today and nobody was online and it still did it.
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Sebastin Creed wrote:Do you have the option where it automatically updates all the skins when someone switches them? (the name of the option escapes me).

Also, perhaps fiddle with some of the snyc'ing options and resolutions?
Defer Player Models (Game Options)
Aurien Uriah
Lost One

Post by Aurien Uriah »

Which folder do you pack your downloads in and what have you downloaded from JEDI?
"...Yeah, we do need better brand awareness."

Uploaded with ImageShack.us