Slower running backward speed for Gunner class

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Tomoran wrote:-FORCE gunners into first person perspective (so that Jedi can use LOS to their advantage)
I can't stand first person to be frank with you :s. I always play in Third Person.
Ellana

Post by Ellana »

Well I think personally it'd be more realistic if everyone was in first person (Btw It is possible to do first person with melee and lightsabers, Mb2 did it)

But, I have to admit I hate playing in first person as well.

Aside from that, I agree with what Tomoran said.

Except, how about there is like a 20-30% knockback chance on guns? (Not quite sure how it works at the moment) I don't think that there should be a 0% knockback chance on normal guns, because it would happen sometimes realistically.
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Sorry, but when people are shot they don't randomly go flying back.

Refer to anybody ever being shot ever.

For weapons that are supposed to be concussive, sure.

Otherwise? No.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Agreed with Tomoran. You might stumble back, but that's ultimately because you're trying to comprehend that you've just been shot.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

I agree with the third-person perspective. Forcing 1st person on gun-toting characters makes them rely much more on their FOV, whereas Jedi having third-person can be attributed to their situational awareness.

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
Lost One

Post by Nira'kalen'nuruodo »

I think you might be referring to recoil? I'm not actually sure if blasters have recoil, though some form of reticule bloom would fit the bill (ie accuracy drops the longer you hold down the trigger).

Regardless, the ability to control the backpedal speed (and movement speed in general) would be a nice addition to RPMod, in my opinion.

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
|age_53|height_1.7m|weight_85kg|species_chiss|mentor_cyril.feraan|padawan_eugen.darkrider_nastajja.arren|

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I think they were talking about getting shot, not shooting.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

If you get hit by a charged pistol shot, you skid back about thirty feet for no reason.

I'm suggesting we remove the knockback on getting shot unless it's from a heavy weapon.
Ellana

Post by Ellana »

Tomoran wrote:If you get hit by a charged pistol shot, you skid back about thirty feet for no reason.

I'm suggesting we remove the knockback on getting shot unless it's from a heavy weapon.
I wouldn't say completely remove it from regular weapons, just make the likelyhood of it low, if possible.
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

I definitely don't agree with being stuck in first person view. I'm sure people enjoy playing more in third person than first, not for the aiming, but for the alternate view. I like seeing my character from a different perspective, it funnily enough seems more immersive. Plus you can't peek around corners like you should be able to, like you do with third person. And yes, peeking is handy.

Then there's the dodgy hit-boxes...

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Ellana wrote:I wouldn't say completely remove it from regular weapons, just make the likelyhood of it low, if possible.
Why? Most shots would more likely go straight through you rather knock you back, since shots are energy. Like Tomoran said, the only things that would knock you back would be explosives/guns with splash damage. A e-ll or the like doesn't have splash damage.
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Maybe the energy in SW used in blaster BOLTS has some sort of punch to it, it's forceful. You stumble back slightly or a lot when you get shot, even if it does go through you.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

That's not what we see happen in the movies or anywhere else to my knowledge.

The sheer energy required for such a small impact to knock you back as a person would literally tear you apart (read: kill you)
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Tomoran wrote:The sheer energy required for such a small impact to knock you back as a person would literally tear you apart (read: kill you)
That.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

I don't agree with removing 3rd person view from JKA guns in Multiplayer at all. Especially in situations where I want to RP a character while holding a gun, and you know, see my character and any emotes.

If I were in a mission director's position and I saw somebody running around like they're playing C.O.D and refusing to back down when they've been slashed 7 times by a Lightsaber... Then I would /emslap, /emsleep and then /emkick in that order as part of a 3 strike rule.

I'm still willing to explore the possibility of reducing the backpedal speed (which is what the suggestion is about) as a trial to see how it works practically. It's a deterrent more than a punishment.
It's enough to "balance" things but at the same time it's not removing features.

I understand some game mechanics need to be nerfed at times due to severe abuse on a global scale but please, lets fix the offending people first rather than spoil it for everyone because a select few folk suck at playing guards/criminals/soldiers.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion