Pull weapon restriction

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Tomoran wrote:Food for thought:

After the class system is implemented, force energy will be very finite and spamming any force powers will quickly leave you out of force energy for upwards to 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
IF implemented...
Ellana

Post by Ellana »

Aslyn wrote:
Tomoran wrote:Food for thought:

After the class system is implemented, force energy will be very finite and spamming any force powers will quickly leave you out of force energy for upwards to 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
IF implemented...
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I'm sort of on boat with what Olim's saying. I remember doing trying with that when Delmi was a Padawan and I didn't exactly find it hard, but it wasn't easy either. I like Sared's idea on the distance thing, that's good thinking.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

I agree with olim and delmi. I think the the ability to pull a weapon (just the ability, not the spamming of it) as fine as it is. I do not support this suggestion, sorry aayla :-D
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

I do support this suggestion to a degree, what would be better is the whole chance ratio or if there is a successful pulling of ones weapon it should perhaps drain a little more FP? Or perhaps restrict it to once or twice per connection (Probably impossible...).

Though restricting it to Pull 3 would do the quick fix I think.

The fact is, sometimes the ability is spammed constantly and you tend to do find people doing everything they can to pull at weapons like that's the only action possible or they are starting a personal collection.

I just think it could be made a bit harder, or people ease up on it. However, right now it's like taking candy from a baby and as much as I understand the notion that Jedi don't "want" to kill anyone they don't have too, it's a bit... eesh, when a room full of mercs are standing around with no gun 10 seconds after a Jedi appears on the scene.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

The more I think about the orginal suggestion the more I don't agree with it. Pull 3 is quite a decently high level of the skill and i'd rather not feel the presure to advance pull to level 3 just so I can grab weapons. (Not to mention half of my surroundings with it....)

I think the best suggestion so far has been this one:
Sared Kilvan wrote:I can get behind this being restricted to pull3.

Alternatively...

What about a disarm based on range? This would make it viable for all levels of pull, dependent on how close the player is. So...

Disarm w/ Pull1 @ 1m
Disarm w/ Pull2 @ 3m
Disarm w/ Pull3 @ 5m
Disarm w/ Pull4 @ 10m
Disarm w/ Pull5 @ 20m
It encompasses what Aayla is trying to suggest - make it more difficult to pull weapons than it currently is. However, at the same time it is not removing the feature from it's current levels.

My only further suggestion to this would be to perhaps reduce the range of level 5 a little more so you don't end up with every gun in the room the second you pull.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I agree with Sared's ranged suggestion. Makes the most sense to me.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri