Lightsaber Disarm

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Kih Bu
Lost One

Lightsaber Disarm

Post by Kih Bu »

Browsed the lightsaber related threads on the Master list and didn't see this suggestion, so here it is: If there is a way to have a single lightsaber hit disarm someone equipped with a blaster without killing them, I would like to see it implemented.

Here is how I think this could be implemented: Automatically being disarmed regardless of the weapon you're carrying if you reach a certain health mark. This way, soldier and civilian accounts can be given enough health to be disarmed, but also killed if you're uncareful. Hit them once, disarm, hit them twice, killed. Oops! This way, with the enhanced HP pools Jedi characters possess, they will not be affected. If they duel to the low health mark, they'll drop their sabers, marking the end of the duel. Simples!

-
JKHub | JEDI Videos | Files

i¯i▀▀▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך

Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Nice idea, Kih. Has my vote.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

This would actually be a good idea yeah, though I would also keep the possibility of swtiching weapons again for the kind of characters that... don't give up easily?

:: Drops Rifle, attempts to pull out blaster ::

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Uuuuuughhhhh.
I want to agree with this one as it sounds like it would be a neat feature.

But then I instantly think of the times where this shouldn't happen. I mean controlled RP environments where specific characters are not meant to lose their weapons would be forced to through a game mechanic.

Where it could be easily arranged to have people /rpdropweapon after recieving 1-2 hits.

It's the same about the other recent suggestions, I like the idea of things being balanced but not completely restricted, removed or drastically altered when simple player-management and control could be exercised instead.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Serris K'Ral
Lost One

Post by Serris K'Ral »

When ever I go on a mission I tend to quickly message saying my character doesn't aim to kill but rather remove/destroy their weapon or simply remove a limb. I don't really see a RP-Instance where a certain character can't be without a weapon, if they lose their weapon then that's there own fault, sadly.

But I like this suggestion rather than going through a mission killing all those in-sight simply because they can't actually be disarmed through game mechanics, even if I /me disarming them, I wouldn't want to bind or constantly do it, because people will be like "Uh no lol, you can't do that, power gaming" or whatever.

-
"Choosing inaction as a philosophy is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation" - Jedi Master Quell.
-
|age_20|birthdate_.15|race_Iktotchi|Homeworld_Bespin - New Cloud City |Mentor_Ametha Tasia, Kih Bu|
-

Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Yeah and that makes sense. It would get entirely tedious to spam a bind that way.

My point is that gunner's RP should be changed, not the Jedi's.
The Jedi should be able to slash a gunner and trust the gunner to be realistic.
A Jedi shouldn't need to constantly type with each slash.
Likewise, gunners shouldn't need a game mechanic to force them to give in.
Gunners should have the savy and the decency to know when to give up and /rpweapondrop or /kill depending on the strength and type of slash they take.

It's a quality control issue really and people should be trained and encouraged to play soldiers better rather than changing a game mechanic that we later have to work around with ((mt)) because the game forces us to do something we don't intend/want to happen.

If I were to employ the services of somebody who turns out to not know when to give up as a Gunner and continue to spoil things through unrealistic Gunner-RP, then I wouldn't invite them the next time until they learn to shape up.

But that's just me. :P

Sorry but I guess, for me it's:
/do not support

Kih Bu
Lost One

Post by Kih Bu »

Bare in mind that this suggestion extends to NPCs carrying weapons, too, not just player controlled gunners.

Currently -
Scenario:
Jedi approaches Gunner.
Gunner manouvers, survives for 30 seconds before being cut down, Gunner spectates.

OR

Jedi approaches Gunner.
Gunner manouvers, is cut down after 30 seconds. After 8, the player stands back up, still armed then rp's dropping their weapon.

Scenario 2 (Implementation of suggestion):

Jedi approaches Gunner.
Gunner is swiftly caught and disarmed with one strike, allowing RP to flow quicker rather than one player needing to type in a console command or a /me.

OR

Jedi approaches Gunner.
Jedi does a rapid double swing or lands a well-placed red swing, knocking the Gunner down. Gunner spectates.

If you're hit with a lightsaber, you should be dead, dismembered or disarmed. What I'm saying is, if I hit you, there should be no reason for you to be holding your weapon still. You'll either be laying on the floor in agony, stood their panicking because you're now weaponless, or dead. In either situation, you have no need to still be holding your weapon. Currently, anyone I attack will always die, or we'll have a really unfluent RP where we wait 8 seconds for him to stand up and then go through the motions of having lost their weapon. This suggestion just allows disarment to occur as a first option, unless you're uncareful and hit someone pretty hard. As it stands, the gunner will always die, or you'll have an awkward moment whilst one of the players takes the time to /me "Disarms the chap infront of him" or /say "^7::Gasps, dropping the remains of his weapon the ground::"

So really, I can't see any situation where if you were a gunner and I hit you with my lightsaber, that you'd still need/want to be holding it.

-
JKHub | JEDI Videos | Files

i¯i▀▀▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך

Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Kih Bu wrote:If you're hit with a lightsaber, you should be dead, dismembered or disarmed. What I'm saying is, if I hit you, there should be no reason for you to be holding your weapon still. You'll either be laying on the floor in agony, stood their panicing because you're now weaponless, or dead.
Preciecly!
So /kill or /rpdropweapon.
If a player is K.O'd then they /kill while on the ground or they RP as having lost a limb or dropped their gun - laying in surrender.
There should be no requirement for a Jedi to physically type slashing a weapon in the middle of a firefight. Perhaps in an RP arrest, sure but not for every swing.

I just have this feeling that with such a game mechanic, people will not optionally choose to /kill or /rpdropweapon because the game hasn't physically made them toss their gun to the ground yet. The "It's fair game because I still have my gun" approach even though, technically they've been slashed a few times by a lightsaber.

On top of that, we have the problem with NPC's where they don't actually drop the weapon when you disarm them with pull. Even though they technically have lost the weapon, it still appears in their hand which is misleading. Then they persist to run around like headless chicken.

If:
  • The HP range for dropping a weapon was something like 1-5% HP remaining.
  • The NPC actually dropped the weapon and did /emsurrender1,2,3 then stayed on the one spot without moving.
I would be on board with it. :)

Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

How about a health depletion which forces an rpdropweapon command, meaning they have the chance to scream like a Kowakian monkey-lizard after bursting a balloon behind it's head and fumble madly to pick their blaster back up - or to surrender.

It could also be made account specific so if there are characters which shouldn't drop their guns, they don't have to.

Also:
The HP range for dropping a weapon was something like 1-5% HP remaining.
The NPC actually dropped the weapon and did /emsurrender1,2,3 then stayed on the one spot without moving.
seems sensible...

Of course there's still a lot of mileage in encouraging Jedi students to, you know, learn pull and push and stuff.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS