Proposed change to Heal Others

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Nicholae Carnassi
Lost One

Proposed change to Heal Others

Post by Nicholae Carnassi »

Would it be possible to change Heal Others to be similar in function to Heal? To clarify, I mean to change it from an instant health boost to a heal-over-time power. If that could be done, I'd support the change. It would be even better if attacking the player doing the healing would cancel the healing-over-time on the player being healed.
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

I'd love that! Sounds a hell more realistic than what we currently have.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Good thinking, I support this!
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Two words:

"Yes Please"

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Johauna Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Johauna Darkrider »

Definitelly support. :)
age --|height_1.65m|weight_54kg|race_human|mentor_ergo.stomi|jamus.kevari|arkallon
Nira wrote:I guess medicine isn't quite at the stage of being able to deal with stubborn Corellians.
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Strongly support this idea!
If you can't instantly heal yourself, how could you instantly heal another?
This idea would be absolutely amazing to see!
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Illrian Damaris wrote:Strongly support this idea!
If you can't instantly heal yourself, how could you instantly heal another?
This idea would be absolutely amazing to see!
Unless "Heal Other" is tweaked a little so it does a gradual heal over a time period similar to the normal "Force heal".

E.g. (Apologise for the alignment)
Proposed Heal Other Chart wrote:Lvl | HP(Max) | Time(Sec) | Force Points(Per HP unit)
1 | 10 | 60 | 8
2 | 20 | 50 | 7
3 | 30 | 40 | 5
4 | 50 | 25 | 3
5 | 75 | 10 | 1
Other: Force Points Per HP unit to try and help prevent spamming of "Heal Other"
Note(s): Chart Units subject to change, suggestions welcome
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Elu Dako wrote: Unless "Heal Other" is tweaked a little so it does a gradual heal over a time period similar to the normal "Force heal".
I'm confused.
This is just what Nicholae suggested in his initial post. :P

Thinking of the possibilities of this - I like the idea of the heal rate stacking based on how many healers are healing. A concentrated effort should work doubly fast. :)

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Nicholae Carnassi
Lost One

Amoné Fayden wrote:Thinking of the possibilities of this - I like the idea of the heal rate stacking based on how many healers are healing. A concentrated effort should work doubly fast. :)
YES PLEASE.

Also, let's make it cursor-aim dependent, so that you don't heal the enemy. And if you're within range of them, also key bind-able to target a specific player.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Nicholae Carnassi wrote:
Amoné Fayden wrote:Thinking of the possibilities of this - I like the idea of the heal rate stacking based on how many healers are healing. A concentrated effort should work doubly fast. :)
YES PLEASE.

Also, let's make it cursor-aim dependent, so that you don't heal the enemy. And if you're within range of them, also key bind-able to target a specific player.
All of this mega support. Really great ideas.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Delmi wrote:
Nicholae Carnassi wrote:
YES PLEASE.

All of this mega support. Really great ideas.
I love you all. <3_<3
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

You can already target someone to heal them specifically and not everyone in range.

Also, the real problem I had with heal others is that it costs 20 force while heal costs 50. I suggest upping its cost to 50.

The instant vs gradual doesn't matter to me.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Nicholae Carnassi wrote:
YES PLEASE.

This is sounding a lot like a Resto Druid. Not sure how I feel about that.

I do agree that the Healer's focus on the Healee (I made up a word!) should be a factor, and if their concentration is broken (they get attacked, move out of range, run out of FP, break LoS, etc.) then the healing effect should be cancelled. I would not support a 'fire and forget' HoT 'buff' mechanic, particularly if it can stack on the target.

Healing enemies is something that could be avoided done by team setting in-game, but I agree that it should be cursor-aim dependent, with only ranks 4/5 having a spread/cone like Storm.

I do like the idea of Heal Others being more of a channeled/HoT (Heal over Time) effect, similar to Storm (Storm being a channeled, damage effect).

Additionally, I could also envision ranks 1/2 being 'burst' healing in relatively small amounts, 3-5 being channeled, with each tick of healing coming in a smaller amount than 1/2 could initially push out, but the overall healing effect being greater.

Jenny Wrix
Lost One

Post by Jenny Wrix »

I think that 1-4 should be direct target or "near the crosshair" healing rather than 3-5 having it. I say this because it reminds me of Push. Push 5 lets out a large dome, pushing everyone around. So I'm thinking with Heal other 5 you should remain still, have a small animation play, and begin healing everyone around you in a 360 degree radius.

Heal other 1: Direct target, low hp regain
Heal other 2: Direct target, 2x hp regain relative to 1
Heal other 3: Small cone outward, 3x hp regain relative to 1
Heal other 4: Large cone outward, 4x hp regain higher relative to 1
Heal other 5: 360 degree gradual cast, 1 cast per second, each cast consisting of (whatever) hp.
Nicholae Carnassi
Lost One

Jenny Wrix wrote:I think that 1-4 should be direct target or "near the crosshair" healing rather than 3-5 having it. I say this because it reminds me of Push. Push 5 lets out a large dome, pushing everyone around. So I'm thinking with Heal other 5 you should remain still, have a small animation play, and begin healing everyone around you in a 360 degree radius.

Heal other 1: Direct target, low hp regain
Heal other 2: Direct target, 2x hp regain relative to 1
Heal other 3: Small cone outward, 3x hp regain relative to 1
Heal other 4: Large cone outward, 4x hp regain higher relative to 1
Heal other 5: 360 degree gradual cast, 1 cast per second, each cast consisting of (whatever) hp.
I hear what you're saying about it being similar to the way Push 5 works, but that's not the way we know that healing works. It's a person-specific action. Jedi can't simply send out "waves of healing."