Expansion: Force Sense

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Elu Dako

Expansion: Force Sense

Post by Elu Dako »

I've been thinking about Force Sense and how it works in SP and had an idea about possibly expanding it so you get more from it at higher levels, here's my thoughts, I don't exactly know if part of it is already implimented:

Keep the First two levels as they are currently.

Level 3 - NPC's have a Health Bar over their heads when using Force Sense, similar to Single Player level Three when at close range.

Level 4 - Extended range for the Health Bar so you can see it from further away and at close range you can also see the NPC's assigned name/tag similar to players, this could help save time so you dont have to use /npc list to find that npc's name to kill it if it shouldn't be there. (I don't know if you may find it annoying to see it's name constantly?)

Level 5 - Extended Range for NPC names and Health Bars, but also a force bar just slightly below the heath bar.

I was thinking of suggestion alternatively having small numbers over the npc's heads in place of the health and force bars but I suppose that would take a while to do considering most npc's have ALOT of health.

Alternatively: Just have the names instead of the health and force bars.

Thoughts?

Not a brilliant suggestion, it was just a random thought that came to mind so it may be completely stupid and worthless, for which I apologise for wasting peoples time by them reading this suggestion :o.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Well, it's not a bad suggestion buddy BUT it's pulling in a bit too much gaming mechanics for me.

Sensing is there to aid ones RP for Force Sight (Especially for me!) but adding those sort of thing is only useful in a fight, which, even though we do enjoy a good rumble technically you wouldnt be able to sense such things or really need to in certain circumstances.

So, it's good, but not very useful as a change. For me anyway.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

I think it would be an ugly addition, even though I would see use for it in terms of role play (sensing your opponent's level of fatigue, etc...), but the whole red bar above player thing is annoying.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

I'm with the others on this one.

In an FFA clan this might go down well.
However for RP mod (or at least for JEDI anyway) I don't think it would be for the best.

I like the mystery of not knowing how much HP/Shields my oponent has left in a spar.

Likewise, if somebody knew that I only had 3hp left when they originally thought I had 80hp, then I can garauntee you they'd spam saber throw (other cheap tactics are available!) constantly just to get a last nip in there.

Sometimes not knowing makes things more interesting. :)

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

(insert long-winded complaint about what it would be like to have 1 hp and still be walking, etc.)
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Edited for Tomoran.
Amoné Fayden wrote: Likewise, if somebody knew that I only had 3 shield units left when they originally thought I had 80 shield units, then I can garauntee you they'd spam saber throw (other cheap tactics are available!) constantly just to get a last nip in there and empty my shield units.

:roll:

Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

I just think HP systems in general are a pretty antiquated system.

Obviously, I don't intend to remove it as a concept but I am an old man shaking a fist here.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Just a thought, can't harm a guy for trying =D.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Elu Dako wrote:Just a thought, can't harm a guy for trying =D.
Absolutely not. :)

Serris K'Ral
Lost One

Post by Serris K'Ral »

Just remove the blue blur and mesa shall be very happies.

-
"Choosing inaction as a philosophy is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation" - Jedi Master Quell.
-
|age_20|birthdate_.15|race_Iktotchi|Homeworld_Bespin - New Cloud City |Mentor_Ametha Tasia, Kih Bu|
-

Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Blue blur?
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Serris K'Ral wrote:Just remove the blue blur and mesa shall be very happies.
That's a simple UI edit and I believe somebody had released a PK3 to change that once before. Alkur, Nivek? One of the two!

Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

It was Delmi, actually. I believe so, anyways. Turned it into a very slight gray color instead.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Jenny Wrix
Lost One

Post by Jenny Wrix »

If by blue blur you mean the boarder that appears when you go into force sense it was Alkur that made it a more transparent gray, I still use it today.
Nastajja Arren
Lost One

Post by Nastajja Arren »

Where is that mod of Alkurs at? I might just be blind, but I've had difficulty locating it.

Species: Ryn