Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes: 15

Elu Dako

Use within Emotes.

Post by Elu Dako »

I've been thinking, would it be possible to allow us to use our 'use' buttons so we can open doors and the like WITHOUT having to cancel any emotes we are using at the time?

If it is possible, I'd love to see this enabled.

Thoughts?
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Re: Use within Emotes.

Post by Sasha Raven »

I can't really see that hurting anything. A pretty sensible suggestion if it can be worked out.
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Was thinking about this myself, because its going to get annoying for pilots of the new transport to have to get off the chairs to press the buttons on the console.

I wonder if the reason why the Use button is restricted in this manner is because if it's dependence on playing that animation (/emreach).

In either case this would certainly be a nice addition. Along with other actions like perhaps the ability to turn on your Lightsaber mid-emote.
Sai Akiada
Lost One

Post by Sai Akiada »

I'm pretty sure this was suggested before. I know I've spoken with Soh about it before, although it was a few years ago.

I'm sure Soh said as Oberon suggested above ^ Having an emote locked and trying to use an activator were incompatible. One or the other..

Still, if it IS possible, have at it.

| Age_50's | Race_Human | Padawan_Zeak Dystiny, Des Anaro, Zuri Lyn |

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

If it's possible, I support it. Good thinking, Elu and Oberon.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Personally I thought it was a brilliant suggestion when I thought of it, and I had a feeling you guys would agree with me, even though I'm no longer a hopeful.

Don't mean I can't still be useful =D.
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

I've thought about this same idea multiple times, just always thought about why it wouldn't be able to be done (such as what Oberon said) which is why I never suggested it myself. Still, if it is at all possible, it would be nice to see that small addition made.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Eeny

Post by Eeny »

Sorry to ruin the party but...What if someone goes around with Amwait or Amatease or Amhips? Then the door opens right infront of them without them clicking on it...Or maybe i missunderstood this?
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Eeny wrote:Sorry to ruin the party but...What if someone goes around with Amwait or Amatease or Amhips? Then the door opens right infront of them without them clicking on it...Or maybe i missunderstood this?
All doors on alzoc3_enclave require you to press the /use button except the two doors to the arena, the idea was to be able to use the use action without having to cancel emotes like /ematease, /emwait, or /emcrossarms.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Eeny wrote:Sorry to ruin the party but...What if someone goes around with Amwait or Amatease or Amhips? Then the door opens right infront of them without them clicking on it...Or maybe i missunderstood this?
That's not exactly what the suggestion is about.
The suggestion is saying that you should be able to "interact" with things like doors, buttons, elevators etc. without having to cancel out your current emote to do it.

This is how it currently is:
  • /emhips
    *Walk up to door*
    *break animation by crouching or whatever other means*
    *Use Door*
    /emhips again.
Elu's suggestion is to rip out the need to break the emote to open doors with the "use key". It's not requesting that all doors be automatic.

As mentioned by Oberon, I'm 95% certain it's because of the dependency on the /emreach emote that triggers when you "use" things.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion