Slide.

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Slide.

Post by Sasha Raven »

I was thinking about the addition to unarmed combat that movie battles released wishing we had an expanded multiplayer CQC combat system.

Through this, I thought why can't we run and slide at will? What I mean is we can use the speed to jump gorges in single player and the end emote is the slide that is very low to the ground. If the code and emote could be changed and it could be done at will. This would be a great thing to add to map movement, fighting, quick escapes and really there is no reason we couldn't make it happen. (I think.)

Obvious applications - running from incoming gun fire, you slide behind some crates. Or the path is blocked except for this crate sized duct. Run towards it and slide on in.

It's important to note that I wouldn't want it to be as boasting as the slide in sp/mp and I would want to slide forward more so than being straight out with your arm across the chest. (Which never made sense any how.)

What do you all think?
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Re: Slide.

Post by Amoné Fayden »

When you say "slide", are you talking about the long jump from single player that is triggered when you press jump and speed? :

If so, I've always felt that this was sadly missing from RPMod. Perhaps it could be added as a benefit to Force Speed to give it some sort of purpose for leveling past level 1?

If so, I support!

About the animation though.
I wouldn't like a frozen standing animation to play while your character slides along the ground like they've got soap on their shoes. I know it's already similar to that by default but I liked the default animation! (above).
Perhaps if it's behavior was altered in terms of the speed boost it gave, how far you would leap before landing, how far you "slid" before it stops. etc.
Last edited by Amoné Fayden on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Actually, Amoné, you can do that in MP as well, at least last I checked you could cause I've done it in multiple fashions on MP.

As for the slide that you're talking about Sasha, if this could be done I could see it being a good addition to the mod as a whole and support the idea fully!
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Illrian Damaris wrote:Actually, Amoné, you can do that in MP as well, at least last I checked you could cause I've done it in multiple fashions on MP.

As for the slide that you're talking about Sasha, if this could be done I could see it being a good addition to the mod as a whole and support the idea fully!
Yeah I know. JA+ had it done in a clever way.
Speed then a "travelling jump" would trigger it.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Hm, as long as it was done after level 1 because even though I don't mind that animation being available on the RPmod. I do like my "travelling jump" a lot haha, the leaning forward slightly with arms out to the side.

Maybe a toggle option would be cool.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

The best way I could compare what I mean is to assassins creed 2 or perhaps to the new arkham city. While in a run you can use a button to continue the momentum and slide under things. I've been looking for a picture or a video of either and simply can not find it. (If anyone can please post)

I was thinking if you baseball slide across the floor into troopers or into someone that they would have the same knockdown effect that the spring jump into them has.

Think baseball slide and way toned down. Not epic rocket man stance speed jump. This is more of a mechanical/movement suggestion than a speed add on power suggestion however if applicable. I don't see why speed couldn't make the effect stronger.
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Speed and jump was all that was needed for JA+ to do the animation, actually. :)
And I believe I get what you're trying to describe, Sasha, and honestly I think it would be a pretty good thing to add. Because I see it being a good addition to making the RP feel slightly more realistic, which can just add that much more fun to the RP ^^
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

Please excuse the crudity of this explanation. I thought it would close all confusion.
Attachments
slide.jpg
slide.jpg (21.05 KiB) Viewed 6183 times
Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

Crouch and roll?
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Tergos Zemnos
Lost One

Post by Tergos Zemnos »

I love this idea!

However, the idea of a person spamming it troubles me. In MB2 it has restrictions in such rolls and I'd like to see that also applied to this. It might take a bit of coding to do so, maybe not. What counts is that this won't be a source for trolling.
Species: Human|Age: 50's| Initiated: 286.16|
Knighted: 310.28|Mentor: Sasha Raven_Delmi N'jork|Padawan: Arukh Bakh'tor_Xel Damar
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

Maybe.

The thing about that is, I thought this application up in the scenario that someones taking blaster fire. Sees some crates and slides low to evade and avoid.

I guess when you simplify it like that all the work to do this that would be needed seems pretty useless.

I just figured take what Jedi Knight already uses for the rocket man. Flip the emote to show a back side slide. Make it something that would need a bit of force to perform. Maybe a restriction to jump.