Force Heal Elongation / Globalization

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Aurien Uriah
Lost One

Re: Force Heal Elongation / Globalization

Post by Aurien Uriah »

I like it. I don't have heal yet but I like it.
"...Yeah, we do need better brand awareness."

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Rian Vun
Lost One

Post by Rian Vun »

This is an excellent idea, but, I would rather see no mobility stay with heal one. The "turn it on" and let it do its work scenario doesn't quite cut it for level 1. In a mission situation it takes a large mount of focus in the midst of a firefight, battle, etc, for a younger padawan or student to conjure up these powers. Otherwise, great idea!
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Force Heal Elongation / Globalization

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Rian Vun wrote:This is an excellent idea, but, I would rather see no mobility stay with heal one.
Agreed.

It would prevent the previously mentioned problem where Heal 1 is all you need to see you through thick and thin.

People who wish to become dedicated healers or proficient in self-recovery will have to invest and will see the benefit in it more than the jack of all trades "want all the skillz" Jedi.

Because lets face it, in our Power's current state so many skills are at their maximum required efficiency right at level 1. (Fury, Speed, Throw for example)

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

I don't know what you mean about throw, it's two ranks.

But if that's the consensus I am totally fine with one requiring immobility.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

I do agree, Heal lvl 1 should have to require being stationary, even if I don't fully like it I can see why it should be that way. Lvl 1 of most abilities is us just starting to learn it, we can't be all over the place with being able to run around while using the Heal ability when we first learn it...

If we want to be able to move and heal, we'd practice it a lot more and eventually get lvl 2.

However, Throw lvl 1 only allows us to throw our hilt a little bit in front of us, can't direct its movements or have it go too far away from the body. Don't see where you're getting that one, Amoné. :P
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Better yet, we could change the heal 1 animation from the little hand flick to meditating or kneeling. Then you'd -have- to be immobile, but wouldn't have to stand there with your hands at your sides snapping into a slim jim to gruff out those nicks and bruises.
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Tomoran wrote:Better yet, we could change the heal 1 animation from the little hand flick to meditating or kneeling.
Honestly, this would be a wonderful add in my opinion.
It gives a better feeling of one actually concentrating to use the ability, which would be a bit more realistic, and it wouldn't remove anything from our mobility.. because we can't be mobile atm anyways.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Rian Vun
Lost One

Post by Rian Vun »

Tomoran wrote:Better yet, we could change the heal 1 animation from the little hand flick to meditating or kneeling. Then you'd -have- to be immobile, but wouldn't have to stand there with your hands at your sides snapping into a slim jim to gruff out those nicks and bruises.
Yes indeed. I was wondering, would it be possible in fact to maybe make this power toggleable like sense so that when activated via hotkey it doesn't break animation? I think that would be a spectacular way to implement it into RP!

In any case the idea is great, I hope it gets implemented.

EDIT: Just realized a flaw in my logic-if it wouldn't break animation that would mean that it can't change animations to be made, which would mean mobility would have to be allowed, right? Well, with my understanding of how these things work in the negative department, I may have just said a mouthful of foolishness but I hope my point was understood.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Illrian Damaris wrote: However, Throw lvl 1 only allows us to throw our hilt a little bit in front of us, can't direct its movements or have it go too far away from the body. Don't see where you're getting that one, Amoné. :P
Because Throw is most often applied cheaply by using it as an "instant attack" at point-blank range to somebody mid-swing.

You only need to be about 1-foot away to sling it into your opponent and back again before they can even bat an eyelid.

Anyway, I digress.

I like the ideas put forward about heal 1.
My only suggestion to stationary animations is that if this were to ever go ahead, I would advise against adding a "standing emote" transition when you cancel.
Anyone who has ever used /emkneel and then tried to stand and run away quickly will know exactly what I mean.

:: Sloweeeeest rise to feeeeet eveeeeer ::

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Shotgun saber throw is silly but it doesn't help that JKA's damage system doesn't know if saber throw should do 30 or 90 damage. in JO, saber throw basically always did the same amount. In JKA I have seen it one shot people not logged in because it has no idea how much it should do.

EDIT: And I was thinking the actual jka meditate emote that both has a short animation and you can jump out of - none of that emkneel stuff.
Jerex Sol
Lost One

Post by Jerex Sol »

Tomoran wrote:I dislike that heal provides a means for force-heavy individuals to 'sponge' damage. Even someone that is supposed to be fragile can elongate their survival through higher levels of heal simply because it soaks so much.

I think that everybody should be able to benefit from heal and that survivability should come primarily from HP values and careful play.

So,

Heal Level 1
Restores 75 HP over 50 seconds
Costs 25 FP

Why?
I think that we should discourage medpack hoarding in scenarios and missions by allowing even students to be able to top themselves off over time. In spar situations, they'll be near a whole shelf of the things so it won't really matter. In addition, this will make it so that people who don't plan on taking a lot of damage can keep a low level of heal to simply 'passively' heal to wipe issues such as slight dings or fall damage.

Restores 75/100/125/150/200 HP over 50 seconds
Costs 25 FP
Remove the animation for casting at all levels

Keep in mind that as long as the 'heal' effect is on you, your force regeneration is 'frozen' and you'll need to either conserve your remaining energy or be prepared to spend it wisely. In out-of-combat situations, this will make it viable to simply turn heal 'on' and let it work its magic.
I am resurrecting this thread in all of it's desiccated glory because I believe it to be an amazing suggestion that deserves to be discussed further in a like manner. All of the following additions to the suggestion, by those who discussed in it in the past seems logical, sound, and (Opinion ahead) more fitting to how I visualize 'Heal' would work. Which is to say that the silly hand flick is silly. Though I will be the first to say that on the other side of this coin, physical motions, while not exactly needed are usually tied into things like these to improve ones focus and concentration. So the idea that removing the animation present at level 2 or 3 would assist in the idea that you are 'improving' in your use of the ability. While keeping the requirement of immobility and the animation in the lower levels to give off that effect is a brilliant thing to keep.
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03