Pazaak!

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Rian Vun
Lost One

Pazaak!

Post by Rian Vun »

Well. I'm a huge fan of pazaak, and after going through a little KotOR binge lately I would totally love to see it implimented into RPMOD! Now, sure, this could actually be rped out, but this is a game of chance, and I could see wonderful alternatives to this proposed system that could be beneficial as well! However....my inspiration here came from Pazaak :3

So, I've suggested something like this before...basically a rolling system (since I'm sure it's impossible to create an ACTUAL working Pazaak interface in Quake 3 (although, I'm continually surprised by all the new content so maybe it could happen!) Essentially this would be a /roll (number base) (number end) . This number would be shown in the immediate vicinity, but not broadcasted throughout the server.

Now, as far as pazaak goes, it would really make it more of a game of 21 (unless players wanted to record 5 cards which would be perfectly alright, just roll 5 times and write it down), but basically they can roll from a threshold of -6 to 10...and that can achieve similar effects of pazaak. This could be so very fun!

Now, I leave the system open to suggestions as this is a very rough idea, but I'm sure it would be a great addition.

NOW, on to how it could possibly improve rp in other ways!

• Games
    An array of new activities and games could arise, based on rolling. Such as dice rolling, coin flipping, making it interesting to see what creative things students and knights alike come up with.
  • Chance RP
    Now, this is a controversial idea because some prefer to /me everything out and let situation dictate whether actions fail or not, but this isn't meant for anything so big. Designed for more leisurely and casual emotes, such as grabbing somebody's saber when they are not looking or maybe pickpocketing somebody, etc. Just a thought though.

Anyway, I'd love to see this implemented for Pazaak, as is my goal, all other benefits are not the focus here but would be a wonderful plus if received well.

Opinions?
[/center]
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Re: Pazaak!

Post by Amoné Fayden »

It's so funny you posted this because recently I was asking around a few people as to whether or not JKA coding allows for variables like this.
Since there's such things as chance to reflect blaster bolts on Lightsaber Defense, then I'd presume so.

I wouldn't mind rolls for use in games and general decision making "paper, rock, scissors" style but not for D&D styled "chance at" situations.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Aria Sadru
Exiled

Post by Aria Sadru »

I believe Jedi Knight: Galaxies have been able to implement a pazaak system of sorts or something along those lines. But I think that was for slicing computer terminals not Pazaak, I'll check it out but it's probably the slicing.
Species_Kiffar| Rank_Initiate | Date of Initiation_298.06
Rian Vun
Lost One

Post by Rian Vun »

Soooo...what is this Jedi Knight Galaxies exactly? :o

Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Rian Vun wrote:

Soooo...what is this Jedi Knight Galaxies exactly? :o

A mod that only the developers are convinced is still alive.
Rian Vun
Lost One

Post by Rian Vun »

Wait...isn't that the one that was found out to be filled with just a collection of mods and disguised as spyware and malware...? I remember that mod.

Aurien Uriah
Lost One

Post by Aurien Uriah »

In high school, for an extra math credit, I took a basic programming class. First assignment was creating a random number generator on a calculator. I'm not an expert but I think something could be done.

If for some reason it's not then we could search for alternatives outside of the server. Like something on the site.

Aurien: "Hey Oberon! Want to play <Game #1> ?!"

Oberon "Sure! ::Pulls out his datapad:: ((Minimize))"

But I wouldn't be a fan.
"...Yeah, we do need better brand awareness."

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Kenta
Lost One

Post by Kenta »

When we were on Yavin, Rash and I actually found some online Pazaak games on sites, downloaded programs, and basically played Pazaak and relayed our plays to in game chat over some casual RP about whatever.

http://www.pazaak.org/

With one of the several minimizers for JA and other games using the same game engine, this should be enough.
RP Age: 126 Next Birthday: 371.1
Stupid is a disease spreading at an alarming rate. - Kenta
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

The multiplayer component requires a VPN to run, but Rian and myself have been doing exactly as Kenta has outlined above.