/R

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Rian Vun
Lost One

/R

Post by Rian Vun »

Hi, just a simple idea, I thought it would be easily implemented for RPMOD to incorporate a /r function for easier /tell messages.

Now the effect might not be THAT noticeable, but just for a couple of examples I and Illrian share part of a name, people tend to fail sending me a message while both of us are on the server. For another example, if a mission director has set his name invisible, unless you know his client number it's impossible to respond to him, so this could be valuable for missions too.

Just food for though! :)

Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Re: /R

Post by Amoné Fayden »

I'd very much be in favour of a reply command!

Good suggestion.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Me three.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

/support
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Azrael wrote:/support
/R ORly?

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Jonsa Daaus

Post by Jonsa Daaus »

I'm pretty sure one of the messagemodes is an auto reply...And I believe it's 'I', by default, but I could be wrong.
Zuri Lyn
Lost One

Post by Zuri Lyn »

I never heard of that one, I only know of pm when you see the person which can be done with /bind [letter to press looking at someone] messagemod3 or something like that.

I am very much in favour of this reply cmd. I have been in a situation on a mission where someone was talking to me in pm, awaiting reply. I couldn't answer.

On the other hand, I'd prefer the cmd to be called /reply, instead of just /r. There are enough commands to get confused with, so why shorten their names to not even know what they do?

Anyway, that's just my thoughts on the matter, I still think it's a great idea.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Ztrut Nam'Lya wrote: On the other hand, I'd prefer the cmd to be called /reply, instead of just /r. There are enough commands to get confused with, so why shorten their names to not even know what they do?
This is in fact would be something we'd probably need to do whether we liked it or not since there already exists a family of commands that start with /r.
/r_fullscreen 1-0 for example.

/reply could easily be bound to a key too.

I still think a reply button would be handy especially for the situations Rian mentioned. Plus there's always those occasions where people have odd names, use black so it's difficult to read in the console or otherwise are playing a temp character with an unfamiliar name in a mission.

It's a "Make life simpler" suggestion, not saying it was ever impossible to manage before. :lol:

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

I have a strong feeling something like this has been suggested a few times in the past..either way it's a good suggestion.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Just as a note, I can put in the console "/say_team_mode tell <target's name>", each time you press t (or whatever your team chat is bound to), it will automatically go to that person without having to type /tell name.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

Can't tell you how long I've wanted this! /support
Tergos Zemnos
Lost One

Post by Tergos Zemnos »

I fully support this, it's a great idea!
Species: Human|Age: 50's| Initiated: 286.16|
Knighted: 310.28|Mentor: Sasha Raven_Delmi N'jork|Padawan: Arukh Bakh'tor_Xel Damar
Des Anaro
Lost One

Post by Des Anaro »

Sounds good.
|Species_Human | Homeworld_Kashyyyk | Mentor_Sai Akiada | Padawan_Jel'a Vra |
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Delmi wrote:Just as a note, I can put in the console "/say_team_mode tell <target's name>", each time you press t (or whatever your team chat is bound to), it will automatically go to that person without having to type /tell name.
Well, that allows us to PM a certain person, which is a great thing to remember. But this command is the ability to reply to whoever was the last person to PM you. So if you have that command set to PM Aurien, but Tergos PM'ed you, then doing "/reply <message>" would send it to Tergos, not Aurien...if that makes sense :P

I fully agree with this idea! I will however be the barer of bad news...typing "/reply <message>" isn't all that different from typing "/tell <name> <message>". Its just one less word you're typing...but it can help with quickly replying to the person that PM'd you so you don't accidentally PM the wrong person.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Rian Vun
Lost One

Post by Rian Vun »

Indeed-its benefits are useful due to similar names or invisible names.

Oh, and very long, complicated ones too! :mrgreen: