Vehicle extension .veh too large

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Tie'l Senn

Vehicle extension .veh too large

Post by Tie'l Senn »

Hey folks, Hopeful Appliant here,

I downloaded the RPMod and all the packs to go along with it (Skin, sounds, vehicles etc) However I have a similar error to some people in the past, upon trying to load into the server, I'm told that the .veh extension is too large.

I have tried loading the vehicle pk3 into the RPMod file and then tried the base file but to no avail. If there is a solution to this problem that I have glanced over foolishly, it would be appreciated if I could be guided to it so I can get onto the server and see how you guys play (:

Thanks in advance,

Tie'l.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Re: Vehicle extension .veh too large

Post by Soh Raun »

Hello Tie'l,

This happens because JKA loads without RPMod. Please follow this checklist:
  • Ensure you installed RPMod according to official install instructions
  • Keep the JEDI packs in your "rpmod" folder (not Base).
  • Delete the "cgamex86.dll" and "uix86.dll" files from your "rpmod" folder (they will be automatically extracted again when RPMod loads).
  • Ensure you are launching the game from the "Launch RPMod" shortcut the installer put on your desktop and start menu. Do not use the CD loader or original JKA shortcuts you are used to.
  • It should work now :)
- Soh Raun.
Tie'l Senn

Post by Tie'l Senn »

Thanks for getting back (:

Unfortunatly the same issue is occurring. When I installed RPMod, I opted to also install all the JEDI files along with it, does this mean that they are also saved onto the RP Mod, even if the PK3 is not visible?

I also play the game off steam, and followed the instructions for running RP mod with a steam version of the game as instructed on an earlier thread.

Thanks again for the help!

Tie'l.
Tie'l Senn

Post by Tie'l Senn »

Today I turned my brain on and resolved this issue. Turns out I had 2 copies of the vehicle.pk3

GG Tie'l.

Consider this resolved, thanks for the help (: