Issues getting onto the server on Mac.

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Rita Sandria
Lost One

Issues getting onto the server on Mac.

Post by Rita Sandria »

Alright, so last night my 3 year old windows laptop decided to break on me and it will be some time before it's fixed. So I got out my JKA for Mac discs and decided to try get it working on my new iMac. I installed Jedi Academy Universal Binary Patch 1.01 / 1.03 Rev E then went on some random FFA server and it loaded fine. I must also point out that the link to a game update for JKA for Mac users on viewtopic.php?f=83&t=6600 is dead. I then went to install RPmod and this is where I put things:

Base:
-RPMod-Animations
-RPmod-Client-Mac
-RPmod-Strings
-zzRPMod-Animations-Extentions

my rpmod folder consisted of everything else; skins, vehicles, effects etc.

I have NO other mods installed. I installed JKA purely to have a computer that could access JEDI while the other is being fixed. There is NO error message. It stops at "awaiting gamestate..." then just closes. At the moment I'm loading up JAMP then rpmod before connecting to the server. I must also point out that I'm not very good with Macs.

EDIT:
I just went onto a random FFA server. I was able to get onto it. I'm starting to think maybe I haven't installed RPmod properly but if so I should still be able to get on, right?
Saos Nartu
Lost One

Re: Issues getting onto the server on Mac.

Post by Saos Nartu »

Try placing the RPMod-Client-Mac in your RPMod folder.

name_saosnartu|age_17|species_kiffar|rank_initiate

Rita Sandria
Lost One

Post by Rita Sandria »

Thats where it was before. I just moved it back and tried again. Still same problem
Rita Sandria
Lost One

Post by Rita Sandria »

Okay I've been messing around for a bit and I've noticed the problem occurs when I have the JEDI Vehicle, music, npc packs in my rpmod folder because RPmod is not loading at all. I think I've installed the wrong game patch since I had to go look for one since the one provided by JEDI no longer works. I did find a link for JKA Patch Version 1.01 / 1.03 Rev F Download but it appears to be just an edit JASP shortcut. I don't know what to do! :(
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Check the download link again in the RPMod 0.4.3 Client page, I have updated it.

Also make sure the "rpmod" folder you created in the game's directory is in lowercase, just as I wrote here. On Mac, it may be case-sensitive...
Rita Sandria
Lost One

Post by Rita Sandria »

This new link is what I downloaded earlier. It seems to be just an edited JASP file. The Rev E I had earlier was an installer. I don't know what to do with is :S

Also, yes my rpmod folder is all lowercase.
Rita Sandria
Lost One

Post by Rita Sandria »

Okay, so I've spent a sometime trying to eliminate each problem one by one. I learnt that the reason my JKA was closing upon loading was the "vehicle extensions is to large" and I know how to fix that the error message just wasn't showing up until now. I took JEDI_Vehicles out for now cause it's not the priority right now. So I got skins/hilts/effects working and I'm sure vehicles would work to once I download that vehicle extension thing which I know I have somewhere. What DOESNT work is.. well everything else. RBG saber colouring not there, force template is a mess, fists up for melee, rpautomove's animation is me just sliding in the same position across the floor, the scoreboard is just like base (giving score not level).

Base emotes work like /emconsole but Amone's emote extension KINDA word but the commands don't match up. I do /emsurrender2 and it shows /emthink2, case for all of them.

Soh, that patch for JKA-Mac is a patch for Single Player. I did a bit of research and apparently 1.01d is to help compatibility for mods in JKA. I installed 1.01e at the start of all this since that worked as more of an installer rather than just an edited JAMP application. I'm not sure what 1.01e did so I guess the next step is a re-installation. RPmod is not recognising my client at all. If a reinstallation doesn't work (with my luck it won't) I have no idea what to do after that and it could be weeks before my laptop is fixed :(
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

For a while I was playing off a mac as well. I started out with the same problems, with the messed up templates, etc. The problem is that RPMod isn't loading correctly. There was a set of commands and what not that Soh gave me that seemingly fixed the problem, but I can't remember them now. Perhaps he could give you those?
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Rita Sandria
Lost One

Post by Rita Sandria »

Commands? That you did ingame?
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Yeh, I think it was some sort of command to see if JKA was running "base" or not. I can't remember the whole process Soh put me through, but in the end, it ended up working.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

I don't remember the process Delmi refers to.. but you may check if RPMod is loaded by typing things like /clientinfo or /fs_game in the JKA game console.

I also just uploaded the "Rev E" patch, as it doesn't seem to be hosted by Aspyr anymore (click here to download it). This was the right version to use, I hadn't realized "Rev F" didn't contain MP fixes.

Unfortunately I don't have a Mac to test with, so keep trying different things and tell us what (doesn't) work. :)
Rita Sandria
Lost One

Post by Rita Sandria »

/fs_game is "Rpmod" default:"

/clientinfo didn't really give me anything interesting. It's not recognizing my client I can't talk to the droids on the server either.

EDIT: I think I've pretty much tried everything. I've put zzz infront of some files and that didn't work. I've been moving things back and forth. Everything is where it should be now and still not working. Not entirely sure what I should do next.

Also it wasn't a capital R i just typed that by habit, sorry.
Last edited by Rita Sandria on Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Rita Sandria wrote:/fs_game is "Rpmod" default:"
Why is there a capital R here?

Additionally, try extracting the RPMod-Client-Mac.pk3 file, so that the files it contains end up in the "rpmod" folder (overwrite any existing file with the same name).
Rita Sandria
Lost One

Post by Rita Sandria »

All that appeared in the RPmod Mac client was two files cgame and ui. I'm not sure what it's MEANT to be, just letting you know.
Rita Sandria
Lost One

Post by Rita Sandria »

Okay. I did what you said and didn't seem to do anything