Issues getting onto the server on Mac.

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Tie'l Senn

Re: Issues getting onto the server on Mac.

Post by Tie'l Senn »

I had this problem. Turns out that I had another copy of all the files saved elsewhere, under Lucasarts > JediAcademy > rpmod. When I deleted these files and made sure that the RP mod file in my gamedata was the only one installed, it started to run fine.

Hope this helps!
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Tie'l Senn wrote:I had this problem. Turns out that I had another copy of all the files saved elsewhere, under Lucasarts > JediAcademy > rpmod. When I deleted these files and made sure that the RP mod file in my gamedata was the only one installed, it started to run fine.
Very good tip, this might actually be the issue you're having, Rita.

Unlike on Windows, the Mac and Linux versions of Q3-based games like JKA use an additional, user-specific GameData-like directory that has priority over the global GameData game directory. If you hadn't installed RPMod (or not correctly) the first time you connected to the Temple, the game must have copied BaseJKA's files in a user-specific "rpmod" folder that then prevented those from the global "rpmod" folder from being loaded after you installed it.

From what I could see in Q3's engine code, the folder Tie'l Senn is referring to shoud be in your Library > Application Support folder. In case you don't find it, get in game and type "/fs_homepath" in your console - this should reveal your user-specific folder. Navigate there with the Finder and delete any rpmod folder you see. Try again and let us know. :)
Rita Sandria
Lost One

Post by Rita Sandria »

Hey, so I got it working. You were right, there were was a folder for JKA in "Library > Application Support". But after deleting it the same issues continued. I realised that there was a folder called JKJAGameFolder created on the hard drive, containing just the JASP and JAMP.exe files, so I moved rpmod and base folder into it and then it began to work properly. This is my first time using a Mac, not sure why it would ask if I wanted to copy files from the disc to anywhere when it's going to make another folder somewhere else where I need to put everything. I also install rev 1.01E patch before hand so it COULD of been that as well, not sure, cause installing 1.01E was something I did VERY early on and still didn't work, so it couldn't of been that alone.

I should also point out that on a Mac, Amoné's emote extension pack NEEDS to be put in base as well as rpmod to work. I had it in just rpmod and it didn't work, so I tried both. Just another strange unexplainable phenomena I've found while using this thing.

Though everything works as it did on my windows laptop now, just posting all this for future JEDI mac users. Now witness the firepower of my armed and fully operational, iMac! :D
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Rita Sandria wrote: I should also point out that on a Mac, Amoné's emote extension pack NEEDS to be put in base as well as rpmod to work. I had it in just rpmod and it didn't work, so I tried both. Just another strange unexplainable phenomena I've found while using this thing.
Thanks for that Rita.
I've updated the Animations thread in the Landing Requirements with this info.

Glad to hear you got it fixed! :)

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion