(( Quick Tip ))

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

(( Quick Tip ))

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Watch this!!

I might be speaking for myself here, but seeing people break animations with crouch takes me out of the RP for a moment and it did when I had to before I knew this simple trick.

If you haven't figured the trick out via the video or just need conformation, then don't worry the instructions are simple.
  • Bind a key for next or previous Force power.
  • Bind a key to use selected Force power.
  • Select a non-disruptive Force power (ie Sense).
  • Use a animation.
  • When desired, hit the key you bound to use selected Force power; this will break the animation.
Sadly, this won't work if you don't have powers on your account (Hopefuls, etc). For those who this will work for, I hope you find it useful.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Re: (( Quick Tip ))

Post by Illrian Damaris »

That is very helpful, Delmi, thank you!
Something else that can work on some occasions is using your attack button, it's broken me out of a couple animations at least.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Yeah my Press F for Force Sense works great... and if you just want to use the power without breaking your emote you can use it on the function row. Mine, for example, is F4.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

I personally use 'Force Hold' to break animations.

Obviously, make sure your not facing anyone when you do it! So aim at fresh air and tap it, normally for me it breaks the animation you need by just dropping your hands.

Though, like me might be a hard habit to break when walking!

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Please just don't select Push/Pull/Storm/Speed/Protect/Absorb/Heal/Heal Others/Meld/Mind Trick/Slow/Fury/Saber Throw in error. :P

That would be worse for RP than tapping crouch.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Alara
Lost One

Post by Alara »

Amoné Fayden wrote:Please just don't select Push/Pull/Storm/Speed/Protect/Absorb/Heal/Heal Others/Meld/Mind Trick/Slow/Fury/Saber Throw in error. :P

That would be worse for RP than tapping crouch.
I can see this happening. Random Push 5 during class, hopefuls flying everywhere...

Yep, Sense or a well-aimed Hold it is.
Xfire= alarajka

The sands are frantic
In the hourglass. But there is time
To change, to utterly destroy
That too-familiar image
Lurking in the glass.
Johauna Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Johauna Darkrider »

I don't get it... :shock:
I rarely use the animations, as it is really kind of weird to break out of them in such odd way, when you crounch or something... so I generally avoid them, which is shame, as some of them are really awesome...
age --|height_1.65m|weight_54kg|race_human|mentor_ergo.stomi|jamus.kevari|arkallon
Nira wrote:I guess medicine isn't quite at the stage of being able to deal with stubborn Corellians.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Use emotes, then use 'Hold' to get out of it Johauna (or crouch if you are sitting).

Trust me, no noise, no actions (as long as you do NOT target anything) and it simply just drops your hands at your side from a standing position.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Zelai Kol'iva
Lost One

Post by Zelai Kol'iva »

Atlast! A cure. I must agree, I always cringe as soon as I have to press the crouch to break out of animation as it spoils the RP scene. So thank you for this Delmi.
Johauna Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Johauna Darkrider »

Sebastin Creed wrote:Use emotes, then use 'Hold' to get out of it Johauna (or crouch if you are sitting).

Trust me, no noise, no actions (as long as you do NOT target anything) and it simply just drops your hands at your side from a standing position.
Thanks, will try next time I am on! :D
age --|height_1.65m|weight_54kg|race_human|mentor_ergo.stomi|jamus.kevari|arkallon
Nira wrote:I guess medicine isn't quite at the stage of being able to deal with stubborn Corellians.
Nastajja Arren
Lost One

Post by Nastajja Arren »

Great suggestion! I never even thought to do it. I'd gotten myself in the habit of using a number key to use sense, and hadn't remembered it broke animations.

Species: Ryn

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Amoné Fayden wrote:Please just don't select Push/Pull/Storm/Speed/Protect/Absorb/Heal/Heal Others/Meld/Mind Trick/Slow/Fury/Saber Throw in error.
As long as you don't have a high level of Heal Others or Meld and you're not targeting anyone, that would work as well. Heal is the same way, provided you don't need to be healed. I would personally suggest Sense or Hold, as long as you're not targeting someone with hold. Though I'm glad people found this useful :D
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri