Jedi Skin Project/Modeller

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Wynne Avurys
Lost One

Re: Jedi Skin Project/Modeller

Post by Wynne Avurys »

I think it's very nice work Ben :D for someone new at skinning.
Always awesome to see some great skinning work. :)

| age_11 | species_hapan | homeworld_kuat | 293.05 |
| initiated_298.08 | Wynne Avurys | rank_initiate |

|I Want It All|
First step to feeling good is looking good.
There are things I cannot do. But there are certainly things I will do.

Computers . . . so unreliable . . . just like people.
Leadership is a privilege to better the lives of others.
It is not an opportunity to satisfy personal greed.

Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

I agree, it's great work.

I don't know how people get so good at these things, I couldn't figure it out even with a guide, lol.

You have my vote :D .

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Sai Akiada
Lost One

Post by Sai Akiada »

B.Blackthorn wrote:Thanks, Thinking of submitting it as my Hopeful/Initiate Skin :)
Heh no need to submit anything. Simply place a link to it in your signature or profile, here on the forums :) We'll find it.

| Age_50's | Race_Human | Padawan_Zeak Dystiny, Des Anaro, Zuri Lyn |

Zelai Kol'iva
Lost One

Post by Zelai Kol'iva »

It is always great to see people adventuring and learning. I myself along with possibly the majority of JEDI are very fond of skinning and infact, everyone has there own special area that they enjoy working on. For example I enjoy designing tunics where as on the other hand, Amone is talented in facial design and detail, well that is what I picked up anyway. :wink:

So although you may struggle at some point in skinning, (Everyone does as nobody is perfect.) there is always others around who can simply help you with that certain area, just a matter of finding that person. :P
B.Blackthorn

Post by B.Blackthorn »

What is the best way to recolour hair? I keep making it look like his skin is his hair colour too :/
Zelai Kol'iva
Lost One

Post by Zelai Kol'iva »

I too have trouble with hair and I found the best way is to download some hair brushes from the internet and by using that, you can then choose what colour you wish the hair to be before placing it down. They also help when wanting the hair to flow in certain directions and so forth, realism etc. Also I would recommend using layers if you wan't to experiment. However to keep it simple, use the canvas and try mix and match a few colours.

The other method is you could find images of hair textures on the internet and use them. It may sound complicated however if you have the image in your head of what style you wan't, it slowly begins to come together. Just a few copies here and there followed with some pastes, should have the hair you wished for in no time. Along with realistic colours. :wink:
Joran Fordo

Post by Joran Fordo »

You all gave me great ideas! :)
Eugen Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Eugen Darkrider »

To the hair topic.
As Zelai said, you can download brushes. Or, if, for some reason you can't get your hands on some brushes. (Highly unlikely) You can use the default brushes you have.
(Look at my skin for example) The whole hair texture there. is basically a huge use of the 'same' brush. Just altered its options a bit. And yup.

As Zelai said, again. As long as you have the idea in your head, it all adds up.
Masters: Nira'kalen'nuruodo | Iverian Prey | Aslyn Denethorn
B.Blackthorn

Post by B.Blackthorn »

Right, I've put the skin link in my signature but I believe it'll need resizing on the server. Do I PM the Council Droid?
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

No, no. If you've got an account, you'll automatically be resized. If not, just talk to a Council Member the next time you see one, and they'll do it for you, unless your skin is coded to keep a lower size.
Anastathia Anaada

Post by Anastathia Anaada »

I hope this is appropriate to post her, but I just had a minor question to ask.

You may know that a few months ago I planned to Role-Play here, however I kind of stopped because I got overwhelmed but the prospective modelling work I planned to do, and gave up.

But, I only plan to do skinning work for the time being and I would still like to role-play.

With that said, my question is:

What skins could I make, fitting for human in their twenties? In this era of star wars. I plan to use Gwethenea as my model. My issue is, I'm not a very creative person, and I don't want to create something too 'terran'.

If anybody has any ideas of skins (outfits) I could put into my skin, do please Private-Message me. I just need realistic ideas. References such as photographs of similar concepts are also greatly appreciated!

That's all!
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

This probably ISNT appropriate to post here as I know this isn't a mere art board but given that Nastajja Arren was kind enough to do my skin for me and then go even further in sending me the programmes such as Modview and pakscape, I've managed to create what I think is quite a good pic expressing a little about my character as well as his parents.

Again, I must thank Nastajja Arren for her advice and eagerness to help when ever I've asked a question (probably annoying at times), your efforts have been highly appriciated.

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

I like the picture, looks cool.
B.Blackthorn

Post by B.Blackthorn »

Well I made a Knight and Padawan Skin for Ben too, I'm ready for my journey xD
Nastajja Arren
Lost One

Post by Nastajja Arren »