Saber-Modelling

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Mortael Toronous

Saber-Modelling

Post by Mortael Toronous »

Now, I've constructed hilts before but only completed one successfully:

Image (Concept using the saber builder:P)

(The saber in construction.)

(Unwrapping, the joy!)

Skinning - easy when you've got the concept to work from.

Saber in-game.

Can anybody else model sabers, I was thinking we could perhaps join forces and design a few concepts for hilts? Have several people working on various elements- a team of "modelers" a team of "skinners" a team of UVW mapping/wrappers (hectic, but dividing the job makes it easier!) and then designers (everybody, the best get chosen? Or those who would like their own lightsaber.) - I think this just adds to the RP value, creates something unique about us. What do you guys think? Has this been done before, failed? If so- how? If not; could we start this project?
| Name: Mortael Toronous | Age: 5| Date of Birth: --.19 Gender: Male | Species: Near-Human | Rank: None | Homeworld: Dantooine

Skin used: N/A
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Re: Saber-Modelling

Post by Illrian Damaris »

This has not been done before, no. However I do like the idea definitely since I'm a saber modeler as well. However I've never been that great at it and its always hard for me to come up with good concepts, and then to make it match the concept perfectly.

I do like the idea of this, but I'm not sure it'll be used that often.. cause honestly, there aren't many hilts constantly being made and added to the servers, so I'm not sure if it would be effective.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Mortael Toronous

Post by Mortael Toronous »

Well, you could learn by doing a few sabers; it's really not that bad; but as I mentioned we could have different roles for the saber construction to make it easier for ourselves?:P Or if we struggled with a certain aspect we could switch shifts? Also; I suppose there is quite a significant number of lightsabers in the pack already- but wouldn't it just be even awesome to have our own unique blades? - Perhaps this could be an optional thing? If people request a lightsaber we could grant it to them- and in RP they have to be seen crafting it, day by day:P I don't know- perhaps expanding on this idea; what are your thoughts everyone?:)
| Name: Mortael Toronous | Age: 5| Date of Birth: --.19 Gender: Male | Species: Near-Human | Rank: None | Homeworld: Dantooine

Skin used: N/A
Sai Akiada
Lost One

Post by Sai Akiada »

Mortael Toronous wrote:- and in RP they have to be seen crafting it, day by day?
This is already a requirement in JEDI :)

As for the crafting team, we always much prefer to see people in game role-playing than spending a whole load of time on side projects. This is something I've fallen into in the past.

We don't need a Saber modelling team in my honest opinion but if you are so inclined, it's your free time to do with as you please :)

I'd focus more on roleplaying though, personally.

| Age_50's | Race_Human | Padawan_Zeak Dystiny, Des Anaro, Zuri Lyn |