Wallpapers

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Re: Wallpapers

Post by Kieran Orion »

Seems my pic's brought a bit of inspired creativity and thought =D

Yes, I unfortunately was aware of the holocron and did actually think of the names. Thing is the two characters on the left I cannot actually identify as current members of ::JEDI:: either. This was an inspired piece on the current and future hopefuls, something to show that they aren't left out simply because of the potential risk of not making it to initiation. I wanted to show that they could be included in things, off the server too and that there's no reason not to put in as much effort for them and others as the rest of the community does so admirably.

Yes, there are some let downs on this picture, it is not a perfect or "realistic" piece and such is the reason why in my first post, I said "It's not much, I just thought it'd be nice to do for the hopefuls".

I thank you all for the criticism, I do enjoy getting feedback on these things as I'm still in the very early stages of learning to work around photoshop and modview, I do now have another inspirational idea to work towards and perhaps Zelai might give it a shot as well. Master Kih Bu ^.^ I will see if I can attempt to do what you're suggesting, though I won't be in the picture myself as I am not going to have my next skin until my initiation, or otherwise in the future.

Thanks again!
- Kieran Orion.

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Tergos Zemnos
Lost One

Post by Tergos Zemnos »

The sticker being in a shape of a Sith Holocron, I guess... Anyway, I commend you for your efforts Kieran, it was nice of you to take your personal time to make something for your fellow Hopeful. Minus the Sith Holocron, it's a really nice wallpaper. I also agree with Kih, should definitely do something around those lines. :)
Species: Human|Age: 50's| Initiated: 286.16|
Knighted: 310.28|Mentor: Sasha Raven_Delmi N'jork|Padawan: Arukh Bakh'tor_Xel Damar
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

#Updated#

- Added stars to make for a more spacey feel to the left.
- Changed holocron (Sith -.-) to a datapad. Still floating.

I Kinda try to be thorough, despite lacking the technical skills so further advice or idea's is always welcome, throw ya' opinions at me! :D

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Ellana

Post by Ellana »

Aww, I think it's cute :)
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

^.^

What she said, that is cute :)
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Well here are two more I did tonight. It's one a.m and I've had some time on my hands. I'm hoping practice makes perfect with this but these ones I must admit, they weren't really brain wreaking. I believe I can do better but I've rushed these a bit due to my daughter waking and me simply wanting to see a result. As always, let me know what you think and maybe I might update them eventually, when I have the time.

Kih Bu
Lost One

Post by Kih Bu »

Hehe, the Lightsaber dangling from the belt of the Jedi in the first image is almost exactly the same as the one that I designed myself so many years ago. :D

I approve muchly of the second image, more than the first one, I think. My suggestion to you would be to perhaps consider adding a shadow to the younger Kieron, a perspective shadow that reflects on the floor. Or, as that floor looks particularly shiny, maybe have a faint reflection of him on it! Besides that, I think it's awesome. ^_^

-
JKHub | JEDI Videos | Files

i¯i▀▀▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך

Zelai Kol'iva
Lost One

Post by Zelai Kol'iva »

Was messing around with my model for a bit and this was the outcome. The only thing that bothers me about it, is I believe I added way to much glow on the lightsaber. :evil:

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t50 ... ewPic2.png

And ofcourse, why not add my residence image. :wink:

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t50 ... Image2.png
Kih Bu
Lost One

Post by Kih Bu »

Very nice! I approve. :D Though I think your model looks a little pixelated. :(
That Lightsaber blade looks stunning. :shock:
Well done!

-
JKHub | JEDI Videos | Files

i¯i▀▀▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך

Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Looks like Zelai is having a bad day :(
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Maybe it was deliberate :)

It looks awesome either way though.
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Nicely done! I absolutely love that lightsaber blade, looks epic!
The one thing I must ask is with your second model...why does Zelai look so buff?
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Wynne Avurys
Lost One

Post by Wynne Avurys »

Illrian Damaris wrote:Nicely done! I absolutely love that lightsaber blade, looks epic!
The one thing I must ask is with your second model...why does Zelai look so buff?
It's solid snakes' body. Pretty nice. :ph34r:

| age_11 | species_hapan | homeworld_kuat | 293.05 |
| initiated_298.08 | Wynne Avurys | rank_initiate |

|I Want It All|
First step to feeling good is looking good.
There are things I cannot do. But there are certainly things I will do.

Computers . . . so unreliable . . . just like people.
Leadership is a privilege to better the lives of others.
It is not an opportunity to satisfy personal greed.

Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Workout much?

:D
Zelai Kol'iva
Lost One

Post by Zelai Kol'iva »

Illrian Damaris wrote:Nicely done! I absolutely love that lightsaber blade, looks epic!

Its literally the only model I could find that has the clothing I was looking for, alongside with the HS face. So it was easy to keep the facial appearance the same etc. It does disappoint me because I know that Nagai are mean't to be skinny and quite tall. However it is tough to come by models nowa-days that will supply such, and especially with the addition of pointy ears. :wink: On the other side, I also don't like asking people to create this and that for me because I feel it isn't fair on them, so I make do with what I got really. :mrgreen:

As for the evil look... am not sure how exactly I accomplished that. I will probably come up with a more, happy sig and avatar later. These were just quick creations for the sake of the update. Maybe I should add a clown in the background or something? 8)