Datapad

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Nastajja Arren
Lost One

Datapad

Post by Nastajja Arren »

I think we should be using this as part of our lightsaber pack, and it, or a variation of it, should be included with rpmod! There's both a datapad and a comlink.

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/screen ... e/115563/2

Species: Ryn

Elu Dako

Re: Datapad

Post by Elu Dako »

It's in the DAJ hilt pack and it's unstable if I'm honest, plus it's rather pointless when there's /emconsole to use, not really much need for it, plus you don't even hold it right in your hands when using it, it's still on it's side.

The DAJ one is set to a length of 0 yet it still does poke damage when in use and you walk around with it with the normal saber animation.

As for the commlink, the animation for that is wrong since in SP luke held it in his left hand while you hold it in your right so it looks a bit stupid :/
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Nice find! Given what Elu says, some adjustments may need to be made but...
Elu Dako wrote:..you don't even hold it right in your hands when using it, it's still on it's side.
I'm sure one of our modelers could take a look at it and make it fit nicely in the hands.
Elu Dako wrote:The DAJ one is set to a length of 0 yet it still does poke damage when in use and you walk around with it with the normal saber animation.
If we can't find an existing workaround for this, I could code one in RPMod.
Elu Dako wrote:As for the commlink, the animation for that is wrong since in SP luke held it in his left hand while you hold it in your right so it looks a bit stupid :/
How about using it as a second saber ? (dual sabers.. but one of them is a commlink).
Nastajja Arren
Lost One

Post by Nastajja Arren »

Why in the world would it matter what hand you held a commlink in? That's like saying there's a specific phone/microphone hand.

If you could make those adjustments, Soh, that would be awesome.

Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Soh Raun wrote:
Elu Dako wrote:As for the commlink, the animation for that is wrong since in SP luke held it in his left hand while you hold it in your right so it looks a bit stupid :/
How about using it as a second saber ? (dual sabers.. but one of them is a commlink).
It would still be wrong since it would show dual anim instead of the commlink, I tried on DAJ to no avail sadly.

Besides, the thing is hardly seeable from a 3rd person angle so it would be rather pointless when there's a /emcomm already.
Nastajja Arren
Lost One

Post by Nastajja Arren »

Well, someone else might like it!

Plus, if maybe Amoné or someone was up to it, the comm animation could have the hands switched to suit.

Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Just seems like alot of work for something that would hardly be used, it would be a bit of a waste of time switching hilts to comm to send a single message just to switch back again.
Nastajja Arren
Lost One

Post by Nastajja Arren »

Well, let's hear from others what they think, too. Besides, its not just about the commlink. It's the datapad as well, which is something people have said they wanted in the past.

Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Honestly I think it would be a great idea! ::looks at Elu curiously::
When I get some more free time I'll look into the datapad issue, unless someone else beats me to the punch. I can see it being used a lot, honestly. It adds a nice visual IC effect, and its not like we're forcing people to use it.. but its not like its some huge file.

Enough people will like/use it to justify getting it onto the server, at least in my opinion.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Des Anaro
Lost One

Post by Des Anaro »

Yep, I agree. I think the comlink would also be very interesting though!
/support
|Species_Human | Homeworld_Kashyyyk | Mentor_Sai Akiada | Padawan_Jel'a Vra |
Zelai Kol'iva
Lost One

Post by Zelai Kol'iva »

I support this completely, it would be a very nice addition to roleplay, expecially when attending classes and placing the datapad down on the table or even just sitting still and holding it upon the lap, it will stop the questions of what exactly one is doing when sat down or doing something rather idle. I believe it will help situations alot and not only that bring a good understanding of certain emotes or scenes. Hopefully it also does not take up much space. (Hopefully?)

/support
Last edited by Zelai Kol'iva on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Sounds like a good idea, I'll support it!
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

I don't see why not, especially since it's already made for us... however! I think we should make sure that when you /rpdropweapon it... that it's face up. Maybe that's why it's askew in the players hand.
Kih Bu
Lost One

Post by Kih Bu »

I can picture myself binding another key to change weapon to the datapad, allowing me to /rpdropweapon it onto a nearby desk and making use of certain /emsit animations. Hope it falls screen side up! (EDIT: Lol! Oberon, you beat me to it!)

-
JKHub | JEDI Videos | Files

i¯i▀▀▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך

Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

I say screw the comlink.
It's too small and hardly necessary since it's pretty much hidden in the hand and barely visible. I'd say it's not worth the modeling/editing effort or the time spent switching to it in-game. If it suddenly shows up because some clever clogs managed to get it in game, then great! But I wouldn't sweat it.

It's the Datapad we could do with so lets focus on getting that one into JEDI! :)

Loving the find Nastajja.
Last edited by Amoné Fayden on Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion