Datapad

Post your ideas and suggestions here
B.Blackthorn

Re: Datapad

Post by B.Blackthorn »

I would greatly enjoy a datapad! :D How much work is it to implement one?
Des Anaro
Lost One

Post by Des Anaro »

What you said about the comlink is probably true, I hadn't considered that @ Amoné. While I thought it may be cool, it's probably useless if you can't even see it in someone's hand.
|Species_Human | Homeworld_Kashyyyk | Mentor_Sai Akiada | Padawan_Jel'a Vra |
Ellana

Post by Ellana »

It's a nice find, but personally it's of limited use.

I don't mind ::Takes out datapad::
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Lol Kih! <3

Anyhow, I think Lightsabers drop with one side facing up ALL the time... obviously there's no physics involved. So that's why I'm wondering if the reason it looks bad in the players hand because it's designed to be face up when dropped.

However, a possible solution is this.

We get that mod, have one of our very capable members tweak three different versions of it. One that looks good with certain anims like /emlotus and other random sits. One that looks good for stuff like /emlift (common look-at-datapad pose) And finally one that's used for dropping on desks and whatnot.

EDIT: All would have the same model, obviously, but different orientations.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Oberon wrote:We get that mod, have one of our very capable members tweak three different versions of it. One that looks good with certain anims like /emlotus and other random sits. One that looks good for stuff like /emlift (common look-at-datapad pose) And finally one that's used for dropping on desks and whatnot.

EDIT: All would have the same model, obviously, but different orientations.
Great thinking and all possible.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

It'd be useful, especially if combined with /rpdropweapon.

Having it would already be good, since it's already there for us; improving it with new animations or coding fixes would be nice, IF there's someone willing to invest time on it, since it's not "necessary", but would still be nice.

You can't choose what is right

Mortael Toronous

Post by Mortael Toronous »

On top of this, I believe they make some pretty weird sounds? So, they would have to replaced with silence, or against just editting the .sab file really.
| Name: Mortael Toronous | Age: 5| Date of Birth: --.19 Gender: Male | Species: Near-Human | Rank: None | Homeworld: Dantooine

Skin used: N/A
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

That's easy, you can replace all the sounds associated with the null.wav that comes standard in the game. :)
Mortael Toronous

Post by Mortael Toronous »

In the .sab files where it says hum.wav, it can be replaced by null.wav then, it will automatically look for it in the direct root- i.e. the base/rpmod folder:P.
| Name: Mortael Toronous | Age: 5| Date of Birth: --.19 Gender: Male | Species: Near-Human | Rank: None | Homeworld: Dantooine

Skin used: N/A
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Excellent paraphrase. :roll:

Anyhow, going back to the whole "it's a weapon thing". Yeah it's possible to code it damageless but I think limiting the blade length of the invisible blade it'd have and the damagescale in the .sab down to minuscule levels would work well enough. Theoretically it would be possible to beat someone up with a datapad :shock: so uhh... do your assignments everyone.

Besides, if you have the length lowered, it's near impossible to hit anything unless you do a spot on poke. Plus we could limit it to tavion or something that you add to it's ineffectiveness :P
Kih Bu
Lost One

Post by Kih Bu »

On top of being able to set manual taunt animations, idle animations, our ability to emote and add custom sounds. removing the blade entirely as well as the damage, I see no reason why we cannot implement the datapad, or at least give it a go.

I'll look forward to this one.

:)

-
JKHub | JEDI Videos | Files

i¯i▀▀▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך

Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

<--- Can reskin it if it looks crap.

Instantly regretting it....

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

I get a feeling I'm going to be tripping over younglings who are lying on the floor watching some holo-movie on the god damn datapad they dropped to the ground!

AKA ...JEDI's iPads.

:: stomps around ::

I have to say though, I'd like to see the Datapad implemented in here (if we can get around the issues Elu brought up).

Elu, I think you underestimate the talent of the JEDI members! :lol:

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Wynne Avurys
Lost One

Post by Wynne Avurys »

I support.
I wanna reskin a custom datapad for my Winnie :mrgreen:

| age_11 | species_hapan | homeworld_kuat | 293.05 |
| initiated_298.08 | Wynne Avurys | rank_initiate |

|I Want It All|
First step to feeling good is looking good.
There are things I cannot do. But there are certainly things I will do.

Computers . . . so unreliable . . . just like people.
Leadership is a privilege to better the lives of others.
It is not an opportunity to satisfy personal greed.

Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Great... now in addition to the saber pack we're going to have the datapack (oh u c wut i did ther?). And I know what you're saying Seb, them kids and their ipods. Back in my day we used to maintenance the power converters for fun!