New A2 map

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Oberon
Lost One

Re: New A2 map

Post by Oberon »

If you, the original author, tried to use your own work for "commercial usage" you'd get a swift and tidy "knock it off or else" letter from LucasArts. Lol.

Anyhow, sounds like your map will be a cool one to explore when it is released! It's nice to see you are invested in our feedback as one of few remaining RP communities left on the game.

That said, I'm not exactly sure our forum is is the best place to host your map-dev thread as your involvement in our community is limited to merely this. wink:

The end product of what you're working on will be cool an' all. But it's not going to be our new enclave or anything like that. Sorry to be the big jerk.

EDIT: All that to say feel free to send us a link when the map is actually finished, I'm sure a lot of us would love to check it out. But from one mapper to the other you should make the map how you want it done especially since we're hardly ever going to use it.
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

I'm pretty sure he knows we won't be using it as our new Enclave, Oberon, definitely since he'll be using the regular Jedi Symbol, not JEDI's symbol. Second, its been stated many times over that we've got our new enclave in the works :P

That, and he wasn't the one that made the original topic, he's simply discussing it here since the topic was created and he's getting feedback from us since we're offering it, which is never a bad thing.

With that said, I don't see any problems with keeping this conversation on-going and giving the man advice and opinions in regards to it, definitely since he's wanting it to perhaps become an RP-like map and as you stated, Oberon, we're one of the few remaining RP Communities left for Jedi Academy.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Ganseki

Post by Ganseki »

But it's not going to be our new enclave or anything like that.

Sorry, but i'm writing here not beacuse i want my map to be jedi holonet clan map.
I'm writing here beacuse i just want to gain some tips from you guys , beacuse i think you know SW realm very very well.

I just want my map to be fuc*** great :D
Nothing more :)
I'm pretty sure he knows we won't be using it as our new Enclave, Oberon, definitely since he'll be using the regular Jedi Symbol, not JEDI's symbol. Second, its been stated many times over that we've got our new enclave in the works :P

That, and he wasn't the one that made the original topic, he's simply discussing it here since the topic was created and he's getting feedback from us since we're offering it, which is never a bad thing.

With that said, I don't see any problems with keeping this conversation on-going and giving the man advice and opinions in regards to it, definitely since he's wanting it to perhaps become an RP-like map and as you stated, Oberon, we're one of the few remaining RP Communities left for Jedi Academy.
exacly

p.s.
^^
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Illrian Damaris wrote:That, and he wasn't the one that made the original topic.
I guess we should stop derailing the topic with some other map that hasn't come out yet, then. :wink:

I think you're overvaluing how much feedback we can give. No lava! Doors don't open like that! It's all a matter of opinion. Eventually it's going to be us just saying "Oh cool" to a bunch of screenshots this person no-one-knows spams in this thread.

The derailment of this thread is about as appropriate as some JKAer who got the link to our site coming to ask for feedback on how he can improve his Roleplaymod2DeluxEdition. We're not a mod review community. This isn't filefront.

Logically, you want feedback from a community who will be spending a good deal of time on your map. JKA clans still use maps like this for their home-map. In fact, I suggest the JKA section of filefront as I mentioned above.
OOC Rules Thread wrote: Image
Ganseki wrote:Sorry, but i'm writing here not beacuse i want my map to be jedi holonet clan map.
Ganseki

Post by Ganseki »

Sorry to be the big jerk..
yep. You're really a jerk :D

So goodbye. u wont see me here again.
And thnks for good advices, guys ;)

.. i really dont care if you use or someone else this map in future :)
I'll use it for sure and i making maps beacuse i just like doing it nothing more ;)

bye bye :D Ober-One Jerk ^^
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

This should have been handled differently / sooner. (Though I feel both are one in the same)...

Bottom line:

Good to see somebody still mapping for JKA.
Glad to hear the initial advice we gave you has helped.
We wish you all the best in completing your A2_beta edit.

That said, JEDI is a clan who likes to keep it's forum content as relevant to JEDI and in-house as possible.
I believe that's what Oberon was trying to say.

There are plenty of mapping development Forums that would give you both insightful advice on Star Wars lore as well as technical help in operating GK Radiant.

Map Forge is one off the top of my head.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Sai Akiada
Lost One

Post by Sai Akiada »

Indeed. Oberon is not being a jerk 'here'. He's simply making you aware of our rules.

There is no disrespect intended and we applaud the fact that people are still expanding this ageing games assets. But as was stated, the JEDI forums are a place for matters concerning the JEDI community in relation to our role-play.

The link provided above by Amoné is a good one and a fine place to gain feedback and learn some new skills. This is essentially where I learned to map. Good group :)
Amoné Fayden wrote:Map Forge is one off the top of my head.
Thank you for sharing your work however, and good luck with its continued development.

| Age_50's | Race_Human | Padawan_Zeak Dystiny, Des Anaro, Zuri Lyn |